Fortune Brands Home & Security

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fortune Brands Home & Security

Manager - Network Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fortune Brands Home & Security in June 2014.

Started with a call from a recruiter - then after a few weeks phone screen with hiring manager. After that a face to face with hiring manager and 1 colleague as well as HR.

Interview Questions
    • None. The hiring manager exited early to get the "HR" manager I was supposed to meet with. The person that returned was a stand-in HR person. She said the HR person I was supposed to meet with (scheduled for 1 hour) was unavailable and she could answer any questions I had. I didn't have any questions obviously for HR, they were supposed to be doing their "HR" battery of questions. So I was told I could go and they would be in touch.   View Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fortune Brands Home & Security in July 2010.

It started as a single person interview. Others joined on schedule and it became a tag team wrestling match to see how I'd handle the pressure. A very ugly experience, which was by design. It was filled with one person asking a question, then before you could answer, another would ask another question, of course each more emotional and accusatory than the last.

Interview Questions
    • Do I drink hark liquor and do I have an issue with people that do?   View Answer

Director Organization Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fortune Brands Home & Security in August 2008.

A headhunter contacted me with a job spec for the Director OD job at Fortune Brands telling me that the top HR person was working on strategic change of the HR function in the company and was looking for the right OD person to help. I was informed that the first step in their screening process was a personality test. I agreed to take the test. It was completely bogus and as an HR person I was appauled that it was the first (let alone any) step in the hiring process before I even talked with a live person in the company. After about a month, the recruiter finally told me I had been screened out of the process. I was completely turned off by the company. "Strategic HR department" with personality test at the front end of the the hiring process seems to be a bit of an oxymoron.