Fortune Brands Home & Security

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager - Network Operations Interview

Manager - Network Operations
Deerfield, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fortune Brands Home & Security in June 2014.

Interview Details – Started with a call from a recruiter - then after a few weeks phone screen with hiring manager. After that a face to face with hiring manager and 1 colleague as well as HR.

Interview Question – None. The hiring manager exited early to get the "HR" manager I was supposed to meet with. The person that returned was a stand-in HR person. She said the HR person I was supposed to meet with (scheduled for 1 hour) was unavailable and she could answer any questions I had. I didn't have any questions obviously for HR, they were supposed to be doing their "HR" battery of questions. So I was told I could go and they would be in touch.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Easy Interview

Director Organization Development Interview

Director Organization Development
Deerfield, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fortune Brands Home & Security in August 2008.

Interview Details – A headhunter contacted me with a job spec for the Director OD job at Fortune Brands telling me that the top HR person was working on strategic change of the HR function in the company and was looking for the right OD person to help. I was informed that the first step in their screening process was a personality test. I agreed to take the test. It was completely bogus and as an HR person I was appauled that it was the first (let alone any) step in the hiring process before I even talked with a live person in the company. After about a month, the recruiter finally told me I had been screened out of the process. I was completely turned off by the company. "Strategic HR department" with personality test at the front end of the the hiring process seems to be a bit of an oxymoron.

Interview Question – None - it was purely a personality test   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Fortune Brands Home & Security? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fortune Brands Home & Security interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Fortune Brands Home & Security employees and interview candidates.