Fossil

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Laid Back Interview

Very Laid Back
Miami, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Fossil in July 2013.

Interview Details – It took a total of 3 days for me to receive the offer. I had only 2 interview one consisting of a group interview. It is very laid back there was no specific questions It was more like a conversation.

Interview Question – Not that it's difficult but they always ask what's your definition of customer service?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very little margin to negotiate but possible

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fossil in January 2014.

Interview Details – 5 interviews, Peer to peer, District manager, District managers peer, HR and Regional manager (ALL PHONE). Seemed odd to do only phone interviews and be offered a job sight unseen? Hmmmmm

Interview Question – What about our core values attracts you to our brand? (how would anyone on the outside know their core values?)   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Pay

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fossil in July 2011.

Interview Details – Initial interview was easy. I did a group interview with the SM & DM at the same time. Was offered an ASM position the next day. To promote to SM, you must interview again. I had to interview with DM, Corporate Human Resources, and Vice President of the Company.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult feedback you received? How did you feel and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did counter offer and it was accepted.

Fossil Sales Associate Interview

Fossil Sales Associate
Richardson, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Fossil in September 2013.

Interview Details – Signed up online for the cattle call seasonal positions and received confirmation. On the day, arrived in the morning. Originally applied for customer care, but was redirected to sales due to past experience. Offered a job that day and started work a week later.

Interview Question – What is your story?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nil. Originally hired as seasonal. Non-negotiable.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Grand Prairie, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Fossil in May 2014.

Interview Details – This was my first job interview ever, and it was a group interview of 4. It was not a very good one because you can tell the hiring manager was more engaged on certain people and did not give everyone a fair amount of time to talk before moving on. We interviewed in the back room of the store and employees kept coming in and out, and it was very distracting to the whole process. The interview was about an hour long because she told too many story time.

I got a rejection email about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you were competitive.   Answer Question
  • Name something you are passionate about and would do if no one was watching.   Answer Question
  • How would you handle a situation in which the person you are helping is opposite from you.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Durham, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fossil in January 2014.

Interview Details – Spoke with the Store manager for less than an hour after I submitted my resume. The SM gave me a list of questions that the District Manager would ask me during my phone interview, which was unexpected. I wasn't really challenged or asked any difficult questions, but just an overview of my previous work experience.

Negotiation Details – I was given a firm offer which I counter-offered. There was no negotiation so I took the offer.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fossil.

Interview Details – Easy and quick

Interview Question – If you were an animal what would you be and why   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very easy

Fossil Sales Associate Interview

Fossil Sales Associate

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fossil.

Interview Details – I submitted my application and within two weeks was called for an interview. I had a pretty low-key interview within the shopping mall as the retail store, asking such questions about what customer service means to me, which other stores Fossil customers would probably be likely to shop in, etc etc.

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.. I was just graduating high school and was looking for a basic part-time job to fund college expenses.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Omaha, NE

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Fossil in September 2013.

Interview Details – You first have to speak with the Store Manager and if that interview went well you will have second interview with the District Manager. After you have your second interview you will be contacted by the Store Manager to see if you got the position or not. Be prepared to know about the company and culture!

Interview Question – How you can bring added value to the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – bring to the table what you expect to make

Regional Manager Interview

Regional Manager

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Fossil in February 2010.

Interview Details – They make you interview first with the core members of the business, then pass you along with several other corporate managers who have no say within your actual position. Can be nerve racking at times

Interview Question – The questions are not hard if it has to do with the business you are in.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I really wasn't able to negotiate. They didn't seem open to it. So that's why I grabbed the offer.

Worked for Fossil? Contribute to the Community!