Fossil

Updated Nov 25, 2014

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camarillo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camarillo, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fossil in August 2014.

Two interviews, one with both managers(both managers are very friendly and fun to talk to) first was a group interview the second was a one on one. Asked the normal question about past jobs, what I like as a customer/ associate to see happen in the store, stealing, and about yourself. The vibe is super friendly and up beat.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fossil in August 2014.

Applied in-store and set up an interview on the spot. Met with the assistant manager a few days later. She asked pretty standard questions; describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer, what does Fossil mean to you, what does Fossil represent, why do you want to work here...basic stuff. Then she had me demonstrate a sales experience with another worker. About a week later I got a call for a second interview with the (brand new just in this week) store manager. Met with him (outside when it was 100 plus degrees) and he just asked me the same questions and said he was trying to figure out the store and what its needs are.

Michael Kors Selling SPecialist Interview

Easy Interview. Great Company and Work environment.
    There is a phone interview and a in-person interview. You may interview with the AMC you'll be working with and get a call from DM to finalize the interview.

Interview Questions
    • If you love fashion and merchandising there is no question too difficult. It was standard questions. Also, do a little research for the company background helps and say you want career growth.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Prairie, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Prairie, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fossil in May 2014.

This was my first job interview ever, and it was a group interview of 4. It was not a very good one because you can tell the hiring manager was more engaged on certain people and did not give everyone a fair amount of time to talk before moving on. We interviewed in the back room of the store and employees kept coming in and out, and it was very distracting to the whole process. The interview was about an hour long because she told too many story time.

I got a rejection email about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you were competitive.   Answer Question
    • Name something you are passionate about and would do if no one was watching.   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a situation in which the person you are helping is opposite from you.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fossil.

Easy and quick

Interview Questions
    • If you were an animal what would you be and why   View Answer
    Very easy

Fossil Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fossil.

I submitted my application and within two weeks was called for an interview. I had a pretty low-key interview within the shopping mall as the retail store, asking such questions about what customer service means to me, which other stores Fossil customers would probably be likely to shop in, etc etc.

No negotiations.. I was just graduating high school and was looking for a basic part-time job to fund college expenses.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fossil in January 2014.

Spoke with the Store manager for less than an hour after I submitted my resume. The SM gave me a list of questions that the District Manager would ask me during my phone interview, which was unexpected. I wasn't really challenged or asked any difficult questions, but just an overview of my previous work experience.

I was given a firm offer which I counter-offered. There was no negotiation so I took the offer.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fossil in January 2014.

5 interviews, Peer to peer, District manager, District managers peer, HR and Regional manager (ALL PHONE). Seemed odd to do only phone interviews and be offered a job sight unseen? Hmmmmm

Interview Questions
    • What about our core values attracts you to our brand? (how would anyone on the outside know their core values?)   Answer Question

Pay

Sales Associate Interview

In person interview at store. Straight forward questions, very nice people. Great experience.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fossil.

Definitely one of the easier interview processes I've been through. Many of the questions were pretty direct and geared to understand me more as a person

Interview Questions
    • There was a question about how to handle an unhappy customer.   View Answer
    As a college student, I felt it was very important to negotiate the times I worked. The staff was very accommodating and made for a great work environment.