Fossil Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.4

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camarillo, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camarillo, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fossil in August 2014.

Two interviews, one with both managers(both managers are very friendly and fun to talk to) first was a group interview the second was a one on one. Asked the normal question about past jobs, what I like as a customer/ associate to see happen in the store, stealing, and about yourself. The vibe is super friendly and up beat.

Other Interview Reviews for Fossil

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fossil in August 2014.

Applied in-store and set up an interview on the spot. Met with the assistant manager a few days later. She asked pretty standard questions; describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer, what does Fossil mean to you, what does Fossil represent, why do you want to work here...basic stuff. Then she had me demonstrate a sales experience with another worker. About a week later I got a call for a second interview with the (brand new just in this week) store manager. Met with him (outside when it was 100 plus degrees) and he just asked me the same questions and said he was trying to figure out the store and what its needs are.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Prairie, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Prairie, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fossil in May 2014.

This was my first job interview ever, and it was a group interview of 4. It was not a very good one because you can tell the hiring manager was more engaged on certain people and did not give everyone a fair amount of time to talk before moving on. We interviewed in the back room of the store and employees kept coming in and out, and it was very distracting to the whole process. The interview was about an hour long because she told too many story time.

I got a rejection email about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you were competitive.   Answer Question
    • Name something you are passionate about and would do if no one was watching.   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a situation in which the person you are helping is opposite from you.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

In person interview at store. Straight forward questions, very nice people. Great experience.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fossil.

Applying:
    I went in person to pick up an application one day after class (when I had a cute outfit on, from previous experiences shopping I noticed their employees always dressed well). I then brought the application back the next day (with another cute outfit) but with only one reference (they ask for three), I asked the assistant manager if one was acceptable or if she would prefer more and she indicated that three were needed, so I came back a few hours later with the references to hand it in.

Interview:
    A few days later I got a call from the store manager to set up an interview for a few days later. I wore white pants (not jeans, but not dress pants) and a blouse. I arrived at the store a few minutes before the interview and the manager walked me out to a table out in the mall for the interview. He asked the usual questions such as "Why Fossil?" "What would you do in _____ situation?". He then mentioned that he thought I was well suited for the job, but would need to wait until he managed to contact my last reference before giving me a call about the job.

A few days later they called me to tell me I had gotten the job! During that phone call they told me what they were willing to pay (more than I had asked for!) and we then set up training dates.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation as they offered me more than I asked for.

Sales Associate Interview

took three weeks, two interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fossil, WY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fossil, WY

interviewed at Fossil in March 2013.

Group interview of 5 people. The interviewer was really nice and she tried to make everyone feel comfortable. We all took turns to talk and were asked about 6 questions. It lasted for around half an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the time you provide an satisfying customer service in details.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fossil in October 2012.

I began the process actually window shopping in the store. One of the managers asked if I wanted to apply for a job and I did. 2 days later, I was called in for an interview with 2 of the managers. They made me feel very comfortable, but they asked difficult questions to make sure that I would fit in the Fossil team. They're looking for personalities that would be good in a team, as well as with customers. Positive attitude is a MUST!

Interview Questions
    • "We get a lot of tourists in our store. How would you go about dealing with a customer who didn't know ANY English?"   View Answer
    If you know what other retail opportunities pay, that will give you a good idea of how good the offer will be. Consider whether or not you want a fulfilling team experience as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Fossil in May 2012.

Two very short interviews and then a call saying I was hired

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fossil in April 2012.

Asks about work experiences.