Foster Wheeler

Getting the Interview

28 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mechanical Engineer-General Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Foster Wheeler in March 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewer was very friendly, it was a phone interview so it was really relaxed. The majority of the interview was him explaining about the company. A few questions about myself and my experience. Offered me a second interview at the Houston HQ on the spot.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Foster Wheeler in May 2010.

Interview Details – Speak to multiple people over several hours

Interview Question – How do you solve problems?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Foster Wheeler.

Interview Details – I was hired as an entry level engineer. The interview took place in the career center of our university campus. They had a presentation in the career center in the day before our interview. Foster wheeler is specialized in process technology. If you are a fresh chemical engineer graduate you would definitely like to work with a company like Foster wheeler. The interview session was 30 minutes long. The Process chief, one of the mid level process engineer and a junior level engineer took my interview.

Interview Question – As far as I remember, there was a technical question on the fractionation column regarding where the PSV should be installed and what would be criteria to determine the set pressure.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, I was happy with the offer.

Very Easy Interview

Junior Developer (Internship) Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Foster Wheeler in May 2012.

Interview Details – I had my contact at the company inquire about the need for an intern, sent in a resume, and got set up with the contractor for payroll. My case is obviously a special one, so this review won't provide much insight for cold contacts, but rather shows the importance of networking at this company.

Interview Question – "When can you start?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate, my pay was calculated based on my experience and education.

Very Easy Interview

Data Entry Clerk Interview

Clinton, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Foster Wheeler in January 2010.

Interview Details – They explained the position and asked if I wanted it

Interview Question – I didn't get asked any questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was none

Senior Piping Stress Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Foster Wheeler in February 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was by phone and last about 30 minutes. It was a friendly conversation with the manager, at the beginning we talk a little bit about my background and experience over the past years and at the end just talking about my life as an expat in Asia.

Interview Question – About my experience dealing with people overseas   Answer Question

Estimating Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Foster Wheeler.

Interview Details – I applied for this job straight out of college with no experience. The interview with the department manager was very informal. He asked me about myself and my resume. No specific questions about my knowledge of the subject matter or experience in estimating. Experience and knowledge in aspen tech software and detailed material take-offs would help anyone interviewing for this department.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not attempt to negotiate.

Mechanical Engineer Entry Level Interview

Hampton, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at Foster Wheeler in May 2012.

Interview Details – Onsite interview, meeting with 2 managers and 1 enginner

Interview Question – All basic questions   Answer Question

Subsea Engineer Interview

Subsea Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Foster Wheeler in April 2010.

Interview Details – company merge, not typical interview.

Interview Question – n/a   Answer Question

Electrical/Control Systems Interview

Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Foster Wheeler in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was actually a continuation of a conversation started at an information session given by the company at The Fox and Hound. It was quasi formal with the majority of the talking done by the senior interviewer just informing me about all of my job opportunities at the company.

Interview Question – What can you offer the company?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Foster Wheeler? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Foster Wheeler interview questions and advice. All 28 interview reviews posted anonymously by Foster Wheeler employees and interview candidates.