Foster Wheeler

Foster Wheeler Interview Questions

2.3

Piping Designer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Foster Wheeler.

I got a phone call from the department manager asking me to come in for an interview. I had one interview with the department manager and the department head. Very basic questions about background, education and job knowledge. They gave me plenty of opportunity to ask questions. They were both friendly, easy-going and personable. I felt at ease. The pay rate was discussed during the interview with no room for negotiation.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unusual. Basic background and technical knowledge questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation available. One offer. Take it or leave it.

Project Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Foster Wheeler.

Filled out application online, got an email the next day for an invitation to complete application, got phone interview next day from HR, had in person interview with Manager.

Mechanical Engineer-General Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Foster Wheeler in March 2014.

Interviewer was very friendly, it was a phone interview so it was really relaxed. The majority of the interview was him explaining about the company. A few questions about myself and my experience. Offered me a second interview at the Houston HQ on the spot.

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Foster Wheeler.

I was hired as an entry level engineer. The interview took place in the career center of our university campus. They had a presentation in the career center in the day before our interview. Foster wheeler is specialized in process technology. If you are a fresh chemical engineer graduate you would definitely like to work with a company like Foster wheeler. The interview session was 30 minutes long. The Process chief, one of the mid level process engineer and a junior level engineer took my interview.

Interview Questions
    • As far as I remember, there was a technical question on the fractionation column regarding where the PSV should be installed and what would be criteria to determine the set pressure.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, I was happy with the offer.

Estimating Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Foster Wheeler.

I applied for this job straight out of college with no experience. The interview with the department manager was very informal. He asked me about myself and my resume. No specific questions about my knowledge of the subject matter or experience in estimating. Experience and knowledge in aspen tech software and detailed material take-offs would help anyone interviewing for this department.

Interview Questions
    I did not attempt to negotiate.

Mechanical Engineer Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Hampton, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Foster Wheeler in May 2012.

Onsite interview, meeting with 2 managers and 1 enginner

Junior Developer (Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Foster Wheeler in May 2012.

I had my contact at the company inquire about the need for an intern, sent in a resume, and got set up with the contractor for payroll. My case is obviously a special one, so this review won't provide much insight for cold contacts, but rather shows the importance of networking at this company.

Interview Questions
    I wasn't able to negotiate, my pay was calculated based on my experience and education.

Electrical/Control Systems Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Foster Wheeler in March 2012.

The interview was actually a continuation of a conversation started at an information session given by the company at The Fox and Hound. It was quasi formal with the majority of the talking done by the senior interviewer just informing me about all of my job opportunities at the company.

Junior Drafter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clinton, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Clinton, NJ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Foster Wheeler in February 2012.

a nice welcome to the company. An employee that I was in constant email contact with, met me in the lobby and showed me around the building. We then went over the company overview, benefits and then I got to talk 1 on 1 with 3 other employees in the areas that they work on.

Interview Questions
    • How much would you like to start off with?   View Answer

Senior Piping Stress Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Foster Wheeler in February 2012.

The interview was by phone and last about 30 minutes. It was a friendly conversation with the manager, at the beginning we talk a little bit about my background and experience over the past years and at the end just talking about my life as an expat in Asia.