Four Seasons

Relevance Date Difficulty

Banquet Server Interview

Banquet Server
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Four Seasons in November 2009.

Interview Details – Met with an HR team member at a career fair, first follow up was via phone to book an interview. The interview consisted of 3 interviews, with each of the HR Manager, Director of F&B and Banquet Manager. Questions were about "fit" and about relevant work experience, asking some questions about attitude, plans for the future and situation based questions.

Very kind people, focused on finding good people with the right attitude. Would rather find someone with the right "fit" and teach them the skills to do the job right.

Interview Question – How I would set up a meeting room lunch buffet to be visually appealing and functional.   Answer Question

Bartender, Server Interview

Bartender, Server
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Four Seasons in April 2012.

Interview Details – This was for the New Four Seasons Hotel.
Applied online several times, finally got an interview
Put in a room of 40 people. Called to interview 1-on-1
Asked about previous work, situations and what you would do..

Then after 20minutes, told they would call me
Asked when? The interviewer will LIE to you and tell you "we are looking at all applications"

DO NOT BELIEVE THEM. The Four Seasons does NOT have the GUTS to tell it to your face.
Instead you are left waiting for them to call. I had to email to see if I would get another interview

In a nutshell......IF you do not get told, right there and then that you are hired, then you are NOT!
Friend when with the same process, but they put her through 3 interviews in ONE DAY in a span of about 3 hours.

The Four Seasons states "they want people-persons" to work for them
THIS IS NOT CORRECT. They do NOT want happy, fun people with a pulse.
Instead they hire DRONES. Have you ever been to a Four Seasons?
NO ENEMA. There is no 'happy' there. Just robots
This is what they want. And their motto "our greatest assets are our people". Whatever.

They seriously need to clean up all hotels.

Interview Questions

Kitchen Assistant Interview

Kitchen Assistant
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Four Seasons in June 2009.

Interview Details – I met several managers: HR, Food and Beverage, Executive chef and several sous chefs. They asked about previous work experience, and my decision regarding an imaginary problems (ie. what would you make for a hungry vegetarian customer) Over all standard interview questions with no "black box test"

Interview Question – What will you make for a hungry customer? (Food and Beverage Director)   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Reservations Sales Agent Interview

Reservations Sales Agent
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Four Seasons in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was very professional. They were interested in me as a person as well as an employee. They company looks for people who can uphold their standards and be successful with them long term.

Interview Question – Tell me about a situation in which you were given advice from a superior. What was it and how did you incorporate that into your work?   Answer Question

Worked for Four Seasons? Contribute to the Community!