Four Seasons Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.9

Pastry Cook Interview

Interview

HR refused to interview me when I said I would not work on Sundays. I went home, bypassed HR and called the Pastry Chef directly. He set up the necessary interviews and I was hired on. The interview process was interesting: first with HR, then the pastry cook, then chef, then food and beverage director, and finally the general manager.

Banquet Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Four Seasons (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was simple and they try to make you as comfortable as possible. I had three interviews over the course of two days, although I heard of others having four or five interviews. I had my interview with the Human Resource Director, Banquets Manager and Food and Beverage Director. They try to conduct as many interview in one visit if possible. They shape their interview questions around their hotel culture and guest service protocols. "Treat others as you would like to be treated," is the bottom line. They do ask about past job experiences on your resume and who you think it will prepare you for this job. Banquet Manager asked for service demonstration, which involved carrying plates. They do practice the "I am willing to teach if you are willing to learn" philosophy.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been asked to do something that you didn't agree with? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at the Four Seasons?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any strengths or weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any life goals?   Answer Question
    • Do you ever have to service someone that spoke a different language or had a disability(blind, deaf) ? How did you assist them?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Four Seasons (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2014.

Interview

Screening through HR followed by Front Office Manager. Should you do well, you will interview with higher department heads, usually ending with General Manager. If you get to the General Manager, this is more of a welcome to the Hotel introduction type interview.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work for Four Seasons?   1 Answer

Stewarding Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Four Seasons (Denver, CO) in April 2014.

Interview

Hiring manager contacted and asked for interview. Initially interviewed by hiring manager, then moved on to department manger. Department manager passed on to the F&B manager and interview was completed by Hotel Manager.

Aesthetician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Four Seasons (Orlando, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Attended Career Fair, filled out application, and took my resume and references and cover letter. Was given number to wait for HR interview and made it past that interview, then on to the resort manager. Had to wait about 2 and 1/2 hours for the HR interview and about 1 and 1/2 hours to get the second.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected question was how do I stay healthy?   1 Answer

Cook III Interview

Interview

3 stage interview process. First with Sous Chef, next with Executive Chef, and finally with General Manager

Massage Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Four Seasons (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Job Fair, included 3 interviews. First was with the Director of the Spa, second was with the Hotel Manager, and third was with the General Manager. After successfully interviewing, you will have a criminal background check as well as a drug test.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an inappropriate guest. Either during a massage in the spa or in the guest hotel room.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation on pay nor will there be an increase, even after 6 years of loyalty and exceptional service.

Sales & Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Four Seasons.

Interview

Be very high energy. Talk about why you want to work in hospitality and what about Four Seasons makes you really passionate.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Four Seasons (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Strange interview process for interns. The interviewer talked for over half an hour but only asked me three questions. I would answer in a couple of sentences and then she would talk for ten minutes going on tangent after tangent. I just sat and tried to pay attention and look like I was interested in what she had to say, but most of it wasn't even related to the job. I left and I wasn't sure how it went because I hardly spoke so how could she get to know me? I ended up getting a call that I was selected a week later.

Assistant Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Four Seasons.

Interview

Hr preliminary interview followed by interview with assistant F & B Director. Skype with Director of F&B and final interview with Resort Manager.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Know your beverage cost or desired beverage cost.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Basically have a set salary for all assistant managers.