Four Seasons

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Room Service Manager Interview

Assistant Room Service Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Four Seasons in August 2009.

Interview Details – I was an external out of town candidate. I had 2 phone interviews, then was flown out to the property where i had 4 more interviews

Interview Question – Biggest Weakness   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They have base salaries for certain positions and you cannot negotiate

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Four Seasons.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was very drawn-out: four months!
The company is very serious, however, that all potential hires undergo their systematic approach to interviews and the interview structure.

Interview Question – Most questions were open-ended but designed to be personality-based. Example: In your current position, when a project was not meeting a deadline, how did you react and respond?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, a little on upcoming vacation but to be transparent, I did not negotiate more...as I was very excited to be offered the position.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Front Desk Agent

Interviewed at Four Seasons

Interview Details – There was one interview. The interviewer was cordial and told me that she would be getting back to me within one week whether I was hired or not. I never heard back. I sent an email to the email address on her business card. I still never heard back.

Massag Therapist Interview

Massag Therapist

Interviewed at Four Seasons

Interview Details – Got called for a brief phone interview, asked all the basic questions like "When are you available" "What does customer service mean to you" That is to be expected with a hotel as expensive as this one....you have to have no life outside work and fake happy alllllll the time.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions. This wasn't my first rodeo with a snooty spa.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I want to enjoy the outside world once in awhile

Management Trainee Interview

Management Trainee

Interview Details – Had 4 interviews

Interview Question – None, normal behavioral based questions in the first interview. The following 3 are a get to know you interview.   Answer Question

Food & Beverage Server Interview

Food & Beverage Server

I applied through other source - interviewed at Four Seasons in August 2013.

Interview Details – Interview lasted for about 2.5 hours. Filled out application, then took food/beverage test which tests your previous knowledge. Asked difficult questions about previous experience. Interviewed with 3 different people, all very professional and personable.

Interview Question – Describe one time you didn't communicate effectively with a customer or coworker and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Austin, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Four Seasons in January 2009.

Interview Details – Interview takes a couple weeks as you have 3 of them. Drug screen and your hired.

Interview Question – Questions were good...nothing caught me by surprise   Answer Question

Assistant Food & Beverage Manager Interview

Assistant Food & Beverage Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Four Seasons in April 2009.

Interview Details – the interview process comprise 4 stages. Initial interview with HR with questions based on past behavior ( i.e. tell me about a time..."). A second interview with the department head and this is more job related. a third one with the director of the department and a final one with the hotel manager.

Interview Question – describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult situation   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NO room for negotiation

Front Desk Agent Interview

Front Desk Agent
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Four Seasons.

Interview Details – 3 Step interview process: you apply online, HR contacts you to come in during walk in interviews, you meet with the HR Admin, if he/she likes you, you meet with the HR Manager, if HR Manager likes you, you meet with Front Office Manager and/or Front Desk Manager, if they approve, you will meet with either the Hotel General Manager or the Hotel Asst Manager (which is basically a formality step when they welcome you to the "family").

Interview Question – If there's a guest in front of you and the phone is ringing, what do you do?
The hours are long and job is difficult, why do you want to do it?
Your background doesn't fit in with hospitality, why the change?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR Manager presents a salary which is competitive, but you don't get paid that amount until after 6 months. Trying to get retrograde compensation was a hassle, which you are completely on your own for.

Accounts Receivable Clerk Interview

Accounts Receivable Clerk

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Four Seasons.

Interview Details – I had a friend that served as my reference for the position. When I turned in my resume and application, I was scheduled for an interview the next day. It was mostly a behavioral -based interview. None of the questions were too tricky. I am now waiting to hear back from HR.

Interview Question – What is an example of a time of a time in which you displayed poor communication skills?   Answer Question