Four Seasons

Updated Dec 2, 2014
Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.8

Guest Services Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Four Seasons in November 2012.

Had 3 interviews, this is a FS standard, very nice, relaxing environment. FS are very strict with who they employ, however the company is a great one to work for, with good growth

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how you would manage people who have worked with FS for many years, who have allot more experience?   Answer Question

Pool Attendant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Four Seasons in November 2012.

Five different interviews. First two are to process out those lacking communicative abilities. Then you meet with a department head of where you are going, the Resort or Hotel Manager to ask what you want of the Four Seasons and lately back to HR to finish paper work and drug tests.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult it was merely character based. I suppose a 5 year plan was most important. They want you to want them forever.   Answer Question
    It was an hourly wage, no negotiation is available. However you can make your own wage based off of tips later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Four Seasons in May 2012.

I recommend just to be yourself. Honestly, their questions are not hard to answer, it is all about who you are.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Four Seasons in April 2012.

I never actually interviewed. All I did was go to a career fair and talk to the campus rep, who gave me the contact info of the HR lady at the property I was interested in. The HR lady emailed me saying they would love another intern, and we had a phone conversation regarding exactly what my capacity would be. That was it!

Interview Questions
    they do not pay and were firm in not giving me any travel reimbursements or any stipend

Waitstaff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Four Seasons in April 2012.

Responded thru craigslist. Got a call from a hiring manager for restaurants, had a quick phone interview. He asked if I'd come in and talk to him, I made an appt and went to the interview. Through no fault of the interviewer, I had a ho hum interview. At the end of our interview, he said he was going to kick my application upstairs, which I thought meant yeah, whatever. 10 days or so later I got a call from an assistant to one of the restaurant managers to come in and meet with the restaurant manager. Had a great interview with him. He sent my app back up to human resources, they called a few days later and had me come in two days later for an interview with them. Had great interview with HR. HR director had me come back the next day to speak to the Hotel Manager. He talked to me for a bit, said welcome to Four Seasons, follow me to HR for paperwork. Paperwork means a saliva drug test and a sign off on a criminal background check. They said they'd call me in a couple days to come in and be fitted for a uniform and do paperwork. It wasn't a couple days, it was 9 days later that that they called and left me a message welcoming me to Four Seasons and call back for my start date. I had no idea it would take that long, and thought I didn't pass the drug test or the background check or something - which woulda pissed me off cuz I'm clean a stinking whistle, but In that time, I actually received another job offer and accepted it.

So when Four Seasons finally called I had a decision to make...I decided to go ahead and start with Four Season's and started the two day orientation this week.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the Four Season's experience?   View Answer
    • What have you done recently to make a client's experience exceptional?   View Answer
    There's no negotiation...they either want you or they don't. They either offer you a job or they don't. It did take a while....but it will be worth it I hope. The one thing I wish I woulda asked sooner was the tip sharing thing...not sure how that'll work out, but I believe you get out what you put into it...

MIT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Four Seasons in March 2012.

I was interviewed at my univeristy then taken to final interview in Dallas property where I intervied with Front office, Hotel, and General Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer situational questions along with your willingness to relocate.   Answer Question
    Be open to be sent anywhere...the more willing you are the easier to place.

General Cashier/Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Four Seasons in December 2011.

Started with my resume being sent online, 2 days after i received a call from the HR manager setting me an appointment to be interviewed. went there and filled a basic application of 2 pages, then went conducted the interview in her office .. she was so friendly and explained to me the process and said there will be questions about specific situations and the answers has to be with specific examples of what did i do?
    we spent around 30 minutes and then she approved my application to the next step which was to have an interview with Assistant Director of Finance. He was extremely nice and we spent another 30 minutes in some questions and the job description. He approved me and explained that there are few other candidates and they will see which candidate is more closely match to the position and they will let me know.
    next day the HR manager called to set me an appt with Director of Finance, went there and spent like 20 minutes asking me questions about previous experience and how my skills will be fit to the job.. i was approved by him and sent right after that to meet either Hotel Manager or General Manager.
    few minutes later we headed our way to the hotel manager and she was beyond nice and small talks about my previous experience and the culture that works in the Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts.
    i was approved and next week i was called to sign the contract "Job Offer" and then Drug Test.

Remember: Four Seasons Hotels Inc. are really interested in the Person not the Experience. Their Employees are the most valuable assets and this is for real in this company culture and this is why they are always in the list of 100 Best Companies to work for.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about time you had to help a customer where you went beyond his/her expectations?   Answer Question
    There is no Room for Negotiation .. its kinda like: Take It or Leave It

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Four Seasons in December 2011.

Give me an example of a time you gave good customer service.

$11 start. $12.55 after 90 days

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Four Seasons in September 2011.

Emailed about the job, had a phone interview then an in person interview with the 2 bosses

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Four Seasons in July 2011.

Went through the career fair at school went to 2 interviews, 1 with hr, 1 with Director.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected, pretty much basic interview questions.   Answer Question