Four Seasons

Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.8

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Server Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Four Seasons.

Applied online and emailed the Assistant Human Resource Director and it took almost two months to hear back. Once I got the interview it went smoothly. The HR staff was very welcoming. I was not expecting to meet with the Assistant Manager of the department I applied for, or the General Manager of the hotel soon after.

Interview Questions
    • They all asked the usual behavioral questions, availability, why I was interested in the organization.   Answer Question
    The salary and hours were already set there was not much room for negotiation.

Room Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Four Seasons in November 2014.

Saw an add on Craigslist hiring for multiple positions. Applied for room attendant in Palo Alto. They need you to be flexible. Dress professional. Hours are either day shift or night. Experience in hotel cleaning a plus.

Interview Questions

Conflicted with my job schedule.

Pastry Cook Interview

HR refused to interview me when I said I would not work on Sundays. I went home, bypassed HR and called the Pastry Chef directly. He set up the necessary interviews and I was hired on. The interview process was interesting: first with HR, then the pastry cook, then chef, then food and beverage director, and finally the general manager.

Aesthetician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Four Seasons in April 2014.

Attended Career Fair, filled out application, and took my resume and references and cover letter. Was given number to wait for HR interview and made it past that interview, then on to the resort manager. Had to wait about 2 and 1/2 hours for the HR interview and about 1 and 1/2 hours to get the second.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question was how do I stay healthy?   View Answer

Cook III Interview

3 stage interview process. First with Sous Chef, next with Executive Chef, and finally with General Manager

Sales & Marketing Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Four Seasons.

Be very high energy. Talk about why you want to work in hospitality and what about Four Seasons makes you really passionate.

Massage Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Four Seasons.

Job Fair, included 3 interviews. First was with the Director of the Spa, second was with the Hotel Manager, and third was with the General Manager. After successfully interviewing, you will have a criminal background check as well as a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an inappropriate guest. Either during a massage in the spa or in the guest hotel room.   View Answer
    There is no negotiation on pay nor will there be an increase, even after 6 years of loyalty and exceptional service.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Four Seasons.

Strange interview process for interns. The interviewer talked for over half an hour but only asked me three questions. I would answer in a couple of sentences and then she would talk for ten minutes going on tangent after tangent. I just sat and tried to pay attention and look like I was interested in what she had to say, but most of it wasn't even related to the job. I left and I wasn't sure how it went because I hardly spoke so how could she get to know me? I ended up getting a call that I was selected a week later.

Assistant Restaurant Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Four Seasons.

Hr preliminary interview followed by interview with assistant F & B Director. Skype with Director of F&B and final interview with Resort Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Know your beverage cost or desired beverage cost.   Answer Question
    Basically have a set salary for all assistant managers.

Supervisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Four Seasons in October 2013.

I did a phone interview and then had an interview 2 weeks later. Was told they hired in house and then was called 2 months later and asked to meet with rooms director and hotel manager. The interviews were very professional just a little nerve racking waiting.

Interview Questions
    • How do you clean a room at your hotel. I was worried cause I know how high there expectations are and I wanted to be dead on.   Answer Question
    None