Four Seasons Interview Questions in United States

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.9

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Four Seasons (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview by non-head of department to screen me for interview with department head. Interview felt superficial and I felt much more experienced than the person interviewing me. After everything I said she replied "perfect" which felt less a reflection of me than of her not knowing what to say!

Interview Questions

• Name an instance where you had an obstacle at work you had to overcome.   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent-overnight Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Four Seasons (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied to Four Seasons and received an automated interview invitation about a week later. I was excited to bring my experience and passion for guest service to a culture that I felt would value my contributions. I arrived twenty minutes prior to the interview window and waited until noon to visit with a human resources representative; a three hour wait. Miscommunications were likely the cause, and regardless of the wait, I was excited for the opportunity. I was the last to be seen among the applicants.

Immediately after I was brought into the office, I was taken into a supply room and was seated near the door, which was left ajar limiting privacy. Immediately, the interviewer questioned my desire to step down from a higher level position and into a basic front desk position. Though the question was understandable, the HR representative posed it abrasively, did not give me full eye contact and kept glancing towards the open door. I felt immediately unwelcome.

The questions that followed included my reason for leaving my previous position, and the interviewer's expressions were anything but neutral. Instead, s/he interrupted me frequently with counter questions posed with the same level of assertiveness; as if s/he were looking to retort to my answers instead of listen.

I expressed that I felt we got off on the wrong foot, to which the interviewer quickly interrupted to clarify that s/he was only screening me so that I may be deemed a good fit for the "Four Seasons culture".

The interviewer then quizzed me on my knowledge of the company and culture, interrupting to correct words I may have misused or misinterpreted. I felt I was in a losing argument, not an objective interview.

My own credentials aside, I was made to feel inferior to the position for which I was applying- which is most certainly not what I imagined the "Four Seasons culture" to champion.

Regardless of the validity of my candidacy, I felt like I was in a hostile conversation.

The interviewer then clarified some details about the position and asked me if I had questions before saying my application would be reviewed as necessary and the company would go from there.

The whole conversation lasted barely five minutes.

It was, surprisingly, my worst interview experience of my career.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked about my job history, including how my most recent employment ended. They quizzed me on the company's history and the definition of the "Four Seasons Culture".   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Four Seasons (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

A lady asked me several questions about my working experience, and if I could work on Saturday...When I told her that I might have difficulty to work on Saturday. She explained to me why this position need some weekend work schedule. At last, she told me I would get the result by the end of next week.

Massage Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Four Seasons (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Had three interviews in one day (should have brought a snack!) they all went well and was told and made to feel, as if I was the one for them and "had the job". Waited a week or so and had an interview with corporate guy, went well enough, but I must have said the wrong thing and got a rejection email that night.

Interview Questions

• when was a time you went above and beyond for a client/ customer?   1 Answer
    • How would you fit in here "the corporate world" after being on your own so long?   1 Answer

MIT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Four Seasons (Lubbock, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

easy to talk to the interviewer he seemed interested in what I wanted to do. enjoyed speaking with me.very laid back environment was able to be myself. he only asked 2 structured interview questions and the others were about other offers and just about my experience with myjobs

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Four Seasons.

Interview

Submitted resume and cover letter through online university job database. Got called the next day to come in for interviews: 1 with HR, 1 with immediate supervisor, 1 with department head, all at the property consecutively. Each interview was about 15-20 min but with waiting in between I was there about 2 hours. Nothing difficult, very straight forward and expected questions. Be ready to talk about specific instances of customer service.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you went out of your way to help a customer   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Four Seasons.

Interview

Applied online and emailed the Assistant Human Resource Director and it took almost two months to hear back. Once I got the interview it went smoothly. The HR staff was very welcoming. I was not expecting to meet with the Assistant Manager of the department I applied for, or the General Manager of the hotel soon after.

Interview Questions

• They all asked the usual behavioral questions, availability, why I was interested in the organization.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary and hours were already set there was not much room for negotiation.

Room Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Four Seasons (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Saw an add on Craigslist hiring for multiple positions. Applied for room attendant in Palo Alto. They need you to be flexible. Dress professional. Hours are either day shift or night. Experience in hotel cleaning a plus.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what feedback means?   1 Answer

Conflicted with my job schedule.

Pastry Cook Interview

Interview

HR refused to interview me when I said I would not work on Sundays. I went home, bypassed HR and called the Pastry Chef directly. He set up the necessary interviews and I was hired on. The interview process was interesting: first with HR, then the pastry cook, then chef, then food and beverage director, and finally the general manager.

Banquet Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Four Seasons (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was simple and they try to make you as comfortable as possible. I had three interviews over the course of two days, although I heard of others having four or five interviews. I had my interview with the Human Resource Director, Banquets Manager and Food and Beverage Director. They try to conduct as many interview in one visit if possible. They shape their interview questions around their hotel culture and guest service protocols. "Treat others as you would like to be treated," is the bottom line. They do ask about past job experiences on your resume and who you think it will prepare you for this job. Banquet Manager asked for service demonstration, which involved carrying plates. They do practice the "I am willing to teach if you are willing to learn" philosophy.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been asked to do something that you didn't agree with? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at the Four Seasons?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any strengths or weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any life goals?   Answer Question
    • Do you ever have to service someone that spoke a different language or had a disability(blind, deaf) ? How did you assist them?   Answer Question