Four Seasons

Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.8

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Four Seasons.

The hiring and interview process was very drawn-out: four months!
    The company is very serious, however, that all potential hires undergo their systematic approach to interviews and the interview structure.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were open-ended but designed to be personality-based. Example: In your current position, when a project was not meeting a deadline, how did you react and respond?   Answer Question
    Yes, a little on upcoming vacation but to be transparent, I did not negotiate more...as I was very excited to be offered the position.

Front Desk Agent Interview

There was one interview. The interviewer was cordial and told me that she would be getting back to me within one week whether I was hired or not. I never heard back. I sent an email to the email address on her business card. I still never heard back.

Massag Therapist Interview

Got called for a brief phone interview, asked all the basic questions like "When are you available" "What does customer service mean to you" That is to be expected with a hotel as expensive as this one....you have to have no life outside work and fake happy alllllll the time.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. This wasn't my first rodeo with a snooty spa.   Answer Question

I want to enjoy the outside world once in awhile

Management Trainee Interview

Had 4 interviews

Interview Questions
    • None, normal behavioral based questions in the first interview. The following 3 are a get to know you interview.   Answer Question

Food & Beverage Server Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Four Seasons in August 2013.

Interview lasted for about 2.5 hours. Filled out application, then took food/beverage test which tests your previous knowledge. Asked difficult questions about previous experience. Interviewed with 3 different people, all very professional and personable.

Interview Questions
    • Describe one time you didn't communicate effectively with a customer or coworker and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Four Seasons.

3 Step interview process: you apply online, HR contacts you to come in during walk in interviews, you meet with the HR Admin, if he/she likes you, you meet with the HR Manager, if HR Manager likes you, you meet with Front Office Manager and/or Front Desk Manager, if they approve, you will meet with either the Hotel General Manager or the Hotel Asst Manager (which is basically a formality step when they welcome you to the "family").

Interview Questions
    • If there's a guest in front of you and the phone is ringing, what do you do?
      The hours are long and job is difficult, why do you want to do it?
      Your background doesn't fit in with hospitality, why the change?

Answer Question
    HR Manager presents a salary which is competitive, but you don't get paid that amount until after 6 months. Trying to get retrograde compensation was a hassle, which you are completely on your own for.

Accounts Receivable Clerk Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Four Seasons.

I had a friend that served as my reference for the position. When I turned in my resume and application, I was scheduled for an interview the next day. It was mostly a behavioral -based interview. None of the questions were too tricky. I am now waiting to hear back from HR.

Interview Questions
    • What is an example of a time of a time in which you displayed poor communication skills?   Answer Question

Assistant Housekeeping Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Four Seasons.

Had an in person phone interview briefly with the HR manager. I was passed onto the Housekeeping manager. Had a great talk and she said I was well qualified for the job but that they needed someone who spoke Spanish. This was a bit frustrating that thye didn't mention that on the phone. instead they wasted my time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Four Seasons in March 2013.

Met with them at on campus recruiting. Got an interview with HR. Then with the front desk manager. Then with the Front office manager. Then hotel manager. Basic questions

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you achieved something greatly in your previous job? When you went above and beyond for a customer.?   View Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Four Seasons.

There were three different interviews, one with HR, one with the department manager, and the last one with the hotel manager. Each interview lasted about 30-45minutes.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do in the situation where a guest was very upset and demanded to speak to a manager, however, one was not available at that moment?   Answer Question
    There was not negotiation possible.