Fox Restaurant Concepts

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fox Restaurant Concepts

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fox Restaurant Concepts.

This is an established company. They hire professionals. The interview process was casual and pleasant. I met seperately with three seperate managers. All were professional, friendly, polite, and pleasant. There was nothing scary or intimidating about the interview. No warnings or red flags for future applicants. Just be your friendly self, and be trainable. You'll do fine.

Interview Questions
    • None of it was difficult. The most technical question they asked was regarding my availability.   View Answer
    No negotiating. For this position, wages are set.

Host Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fox Restaurant Concepts.

I applied just as the restaurant was opening in 2007. I interviewed with two different managers, separately. They just asked the standard interview-type questions and asked about my previous restaurant hosting experience. I was called the next day with an offer to start on the day the restaurant opened its doors and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle stress and pressure when agitated/hungry people are nagging you for their table?   Answer Question
    Hourly compensation rate was negotiated

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fox Restaurant Concepts in August 2010.

Initially contacted by phone from an HR manager with a short interview and company and position overview weeks after I submitted an on-line application accompanied by my resume. The HR representative was very friendly, welcoming and informative about the positions structure, pay range and benefits. I was than asked to interview one-on-one on site at the location of open position with one of the restaurant managers.

The second interview was immensely informative on the organizations history, culture structure and goals. The questions were your basic 1st interview content (your experience, knowledge level, strengths/weaknesses etc.). At then end of the interview i was asked to return a few days later for a stage (a working interview/shadow of position in question.

The stage consisted of me dressed in business casual (uniform/dress requirement of management) while following a current manager. The host of the stage (while working the floor) went through an overview of the day to day duties/responsibilities and requirements while answering questions and observing my responses, attitude, and actions while working the floor along side him. The stage only lasted a few hours after which we sat down with the GM and discussed my performance and was asked if I had any final questions or concerns about the position.

At the end of the final sit-down/discussion I was offered (by the GM) the position and was told i would receive an employment contract by mail. I told them I would need at least 2-3 weeks before I could start to ensure a smooth departure from my current position. They were very receptive of my departure/time requirements while urging or emphasizing my ability to start immediately if the circumstance arose.

in conclusion the whole interview process was very thorough and informative, and somewhat intimidating.

Interview Questions
    • The stage was defiantly the most unnerving and difficult portion of the entire process because your expected to prove your ability to perform and even excel while learning the way they do things. To top it off this is all done while meeting everybody and being observed by management, staff, and even guests.   Answer Question
    During the initial, first phone contact I was asked what my current pay was and what my salary requirements were. At that time I was informed about the pay range ($30's), bonus structure (about 2% quarterly), and benefits (medical, dental, vision) for my prospective position. I was then asked if that pay was acceptable and if I was willing to continue.

The final offer (at the end of the stage) was unofficially un-negotiable. At that time it is pretty much a take it-or-leave it type of circumstance.