Fox Rothschild

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Interview

Marketing

Interviewed at Fox Rothschild

Interview Details – Great interview. I loved the people I interviewed with and the company.

Attorney Interview

Attorney

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fox Rothschild.

Interview Details – Recruitment is standard for a large law firm- On campus interviews. Most students are pretty well rounded, smart, high-achieving, law review types. But many just have ties to Philly or the surrounding area. They recruit from a wide range of schools and are not so particular about name-brand schools, but more concerned with actual fit and personality.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult during the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase. Entry level salary for attorneys is set. After that it's all discretionary.

Conflicts Analyst Interview

Conflicts Analyst
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fox Rothschild in April 2009.

Interview Details – I was referred to Fox Rothschild by my then-supervisor, who had a contact there. The interview was with four Fox staffers at once, which was challenging but not unduly so, and after that single interview I received an offer within a week. I was happy with the offer in general except that the firm low-balled me on their salary offer. After considering the offer for a day, I phoned back to say that I was very favorably inclined towards the offer, but I asked (and this is a direct quote) "The salary is less than my current salary; is there any room to move in that regard?" The HR person said she'd check and get back to me. When she did, a few hours later, she informed me that not only was there no room to move, the firm was offended that I would raise the concern and was rescinding the offer of employment. I was surprised at this overreaction to standard negotiation, but even at the time I was relieved. If Fox is that touchy a negotiator, what kind of employer would it make? Sheesh!

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – As you can see, I didn't exactly decline the offer.

Worked for Fox Rothschild? Contribute to the Community!