Foxconn

2.5

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Foxconn in February 2011.

make a presentation on some technical subject
HR person + engineering manager sat in on interview as well as conference call with manager at other site
very nice and low-key interview that included basic questions about resume
no chance to look around office and see what employees did on a day-to-day basis

Other Interview Reviews for Foxconn

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA
    Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Foxconn in June 2010.

My experience was pretty much the same as the other poster, who interviewed at the City of Industry, CA office. The only difference was that one interviewer was on speaker phone, because the video teleconference was malfunctioning that day.

I talked with a Foxconn engineer at my University's spring career fair and then got a call for a phone interview a month later. The HR on the phone just asked a few questions on my background and what type of company that I would like to work for.

A few weeks later the same HR called me to schedule an on site interview. The on site interview lasted for about 4 hours with a total of 4 people (1 person on speaker phone). It was 2 HR and 2 Engineers.

I had to do presentation on a project that I did in school. After I was finished, they asked an array of questions regarding my project. This was followed by many behavioral interview types of questions.

Overall the interview process was well structured. All the interviewers were very nice and courteous. It was unfortunate that the video conference wasn't working as it was difficult to explain certain parts of my presentation without having the video for the guy in Pennsylvania to see.

Interview Questions
    • Let's say you present your design to the client and he/she doesn't like it. The client wants the design done their way and not yours. Let's say you try to persuade the client that your design is the best, but they still want it done their way. Let's then say that the client will try to persuade YOU by taking you out to dinner and buying you expensive wine, when it is against company policy to accept such gifts. What will you do?   Answer Question
    • What type of work do you dislike doing?   Answer Question
    • Give me a time when you had to stand up to an authority figure.   Answer Question
    • Who do you think is most important? External or internal customer?   View Answer

Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Foxconn in September 2010.

Hiring manager interviewed first, then group of engineering interviewed. All technology and skill was asked.

Engineering Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Foxconn in October 2008.

I was referred by a friend to join the company. The interview process is very good. First HR comes and talk about the salary and benefit. However, do not believe what they say. For example, their stock plan, you do not get any stocks unless you have worked for a full year and they give you stock for your previous year's contribution. Chances are you won't get any stock for about 2 years. Technical interviews are easy, just talk about previous job experience. The hiring process takes very long as there are a lot of paper work to be done before they give you offer

Interview Questions
    • Describe your previous job experience and relate to this job you are applying   Answer Question