Foxwoods Resort Casino

Relevance Date Difficulty

Diversity Coordinator/Ombudsmen Interview

Diversity Coordinator/Ombudsmen
Ledyard, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Foxwoods Resort Casino in August 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process is typical for a large corporation, and in particular, for the worlds largest Native American Casino. You will start first with an off site application interview, next a FBI background check and third you move to an on site property visit for the job orientation. The orientation is about three days, however, not everyone will make it to the end. You will hear and watch movies on the history of the company and how it came into existence as a Native Casino.

Interview Question – The interview questions are some what rudimentary, in that, you will need to explain in your own words - why you want to work at a Native American Casino?
This is the most difficult question if you're not already familiar with the history of Foxwoods Resort & Casino. The one important lesson I learned while working there, yo should always tell the truth. Foxwoods is a very spiritual place to work.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was fortunately to be in a position where a friend referred me to this job. I did not have to negotiate and what little negotiating I did do was not necessary because they paid me very well for my position. Most of the upper management salaries were set, and hourly employees were given the going rates for their position on average at Foxwoods.

Secretary Interview

Secretary

Interviewed at Foxwoods Resort Casino

Interview Details – I applied using the online system. I was never contacted for an interview, even though I was fully qualified. They practice Native preference in hiring when it suits them. Interviews are supposed to selected based on merit then Tribal Members, Tribal Spouses and other Natives, then all others. I am a Tribal Spouse and rarely get asked in for an interview, even with meeting the qualifications. Sometimes it's because an unqualified Tribal Member is given the position, other times it's given to a friend of a Councilor. It's all politics and who's butt your kissing. They don't even read the resumes.

Interview Question – The last 3 positions I applied for I was told that the position had been filled before I was even allowed to interview.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

CAO Cashier Interview

CAO Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Foxwoods Resort Casino in March 2009.

Interview Details – About a day or two after filling out the application I was invited to Eagle Park for an interview. My interview was scheduled for 11:45 am. I was told to arrive 30 minutes early so I arrived 45 minutes early. I took a very simple math test it only took about 5 minutes. The cage manager called me back with in a few minutes asked a couple of very simple questions about prior experience and offered me the job. I was given my gaming application, and out the door before 11:45 my scheduled time.

Interview Question – I was asked very simple questions the hardest being "what is the most amount of money you have handled in one shift?"   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Vice President Interview

Vice President
Mashantucket, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Foxwoods Resort Casino in March 2009.

Interview Details – It's all who you know, especially if you are willing to work for less than the market rate for your position.

Interview Question – Very little questioning because it was all based on professional networking and "who you know".   Answer Question

Surveillance Officer Interview

Surveillance Officer

Interviewed at Foxwoods Resort Casino

Interview Details – Interview process was typical. Dress for sucess and do some research for the why do you want to work here question. Also what are your strenghts and what are your weakness. Overall it was fairly laid back, but professional.

Interview Question – If we hire you do you plan to stay?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
Ledyard, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Foxwoods Resort Casino.

Interview Details – Monster.com gave me the lead; had to go through their corporate HR. This often takes time, be patient. Also, don't hesitate to take a lesser position as the company often will hire from within first. It's a good way in. The hiring process is unique. Native Nations practice tribal hiring preference; Tribal members are given priority, then other native nations, then employees, then the rest of the world. Also, if you are not 100% OK with working for a native american nation, this is not the place for you. There are political and economic drivers that are in play that you must understand and accept up front.

Interview Question – "If a year from now someone were interviewing you from a newspaper or trades mag about the accomplishments you've made over the last year, what would you say?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very up front, not much give and take. The offer was on the table, the only other thing I managed to get was moving expenses.

Corporate Interview

Corporate
Mashantucket, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Foxwoods Resort Casino in February 2012.

Interview Details – The most unprofessional interview process I've ever experienced. A complete waste of time - misled for 4 months with interviews postponed multiple times - then a 30 minute phone interview here and there with not enough time to really talk about anything substantial. Only to learn (after probing on my part with the recruiter) that the position had been on hold. I was strung along for months I suppose to keep me as an option if they didn't find anyone better once they opened the position back up again. Shady from the beginning - I had a bad vibe and should have known something wasn't right. I finally backed out of the process - if the interview process was that strange, couldn't imagine what working there would have been like.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

IT Specialist
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Foxwoods Resort Casino in March 2011.

Interview Details – I really enjoyed the process, it was a technical interview first.. Then came the personality portion with the manager which consisted of a few questions to understand how I would deal with specific situations. Then I meant with the IT Director to get to know me and a series of questions to see if I fit within the team that's already there.

Interview Question – How have you dealt with difficult customers?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Based on my previous salary I was given a bump up and I asked for a few more dollars and received them. It never hurts to ask for what you think you may be worth.

Worked for Foxwoods Resort Casino? Contribute to the Community!