Fractal Analytics Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

3.3

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (Chennai (India)).

Interview

An online test with logical and math questions Three people had come to interview us the next day.They shortlisted about ten people from 45 to 50.They mostly asked qns off my resume.All three of them interviewed me.There were Guesstimates qns as well. Also, a math puzzles.He helped me to solve it.They chose two of us from my college.I had done some research on their company which helped me through the final round.

Interview Questions

• Whats the number of edges of square in the nth dimesion   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Fractal Analytics

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics.

Interview

Campus Placement. Resume short listing followed by three rounds. Round 1 : 60 questions, 60 min Test. Topics : Quant, Verbal and Logical reasoning 20 min each Round 2 : They ask you about your resume. Please be thorough with it. One or two guestimates/puzzles Round 3 : Case Study and HR type Qs.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coimbatore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (Coimbatore (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 3 rounds 1- Aptitude questions, verbal, reasonin and basic programing (flowchart analysis) were asked. The questions were fairly average but the time constraint was the Biggest challenge .You 've to answer 60 questions in 60 minutes . It was an online test 2- Those who were shortlisted from 1st round had Technical 2 HR round each eliminatory. 3- After Technical it was General HR

Interview Questions

• Basic Guessestimate questions.. You can read them online., make sure you've a fair idea of how a business world works   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation for freshers

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

There were three rounds. 1 Aptitude Round It has three sections. The questions were of CAT pattern. 60 mins , 60 questions. All sections were open. 1. Quant - It was between CAT and CMAT level. 2. Verbal - It was of average level. 3. LR/DI - LR was average level and DI was easy level.Then 2 Round 1 (Interview) In this round interviewer focused on resume and its details. Be sure that you know in and out of your resume. The interviewer asked me very basic questions like why analytics and define it. Then I was given a general guess estimate and then there was a case study. The interviewer focuses more on how you think. The interview was basically to analyse how we think. The interviewer was very nice and caring. He was very considering and it was the best interview uptill now. It lasted 25-30 mins 3 Round 2 (Interview) In this round it was quite tricky. I was asked a mathematical puzzle. The interviewer was giving hint as to how to solve the question. The again I was given a case study and was asked various situations related to it basically again testing thinking. Then I was asked about my background then the interview went in that way. It was all about thinking. The interviewers make you very comfortable and are very nice and caring.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation for Freshers. Only for experienced professionals.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics in October 2014.

Interview

Written round followed by two rounds of technical interviews and one HR. Written has basic aptitude questions with interviews having case studies, puzzles and guesstimates .Interviews also involve deep understanding of your creative and analytics skills via various questions based on your resume. Guesstimates and case studies are normal as on google, though an interviewer can go deep and into multiple approaches if and when required.

Interview Questions

• difficult maths question based on probability and graphs.   Answer Question

Better offer from a better place with good work.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics.

Interview

There were 3 rounds. 1st round-written paper of aptitude and verbal questions.level was moderate.20 students were shortlisted for interviews. 2nd round-Interview was mainly case studies ,puzzles,probabilty questions and about your project. 3rd round was mainly HR n some puzzles.Be confident and clear.

Interview Questions

• He asked me about Gaussian Distribution and Stastical Formulae.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics in September 2014.

Interview

Campus Placement There was an initial branch wise shortlisting based on the CGPA( this was mainly done since many students applied from my college). Followed by the initial shortlisting an aptitude test was held. The level of this aptitude test was quite high(CAT level). The test consisted of Verbal Abilities, Mathematical Reasoning and Data Interpretation and Analysis. 1hr was the time limit and as far as i remember 60 questions were asked(20 from each section). Out of the 140 initially shortlisted only 40 made it to the next round. The next round was a partly technical round. They as you questions about Probability, Logical Reasoning, Guesstimates and also questions regarding your background. They asked me to explain the functioning of an Refinery in layman's terms in under 3 mins(I am a Chemical Engineer). Good presentation is must for selection also i recommend you to wear your best suit for the interview as they judge you on the basis of your appearance. Dont give up at anypoint, if you dont know the answer politely accept and tell them that you would like to attempt solving it, give them your approach regarding the same. They are more concerned abut your approach rather than the exact solution. Display confidence, show willingness to learn and show that you can commit to them for long term. Be ready for questions like -why analytic? -why Fractal? Long term and short term goals -biggest failure/achievement of your life? -why should i hire you? -competitors of Fractal at national and international level. Puzzles asked in the interview were quite difficult but there are very limited number of puzzles they can ask. Try going through them on the net before going for the interview. Guesstimates like no of tennis balls that can fit this room, no of people that can accommodate in this room. 20 people cleared this round. This round was followed by a hr round. Some of the questions were repeated regarding my aim in life and stuff. Show interest and chances are you will get through this round. They test you for your values and if these values match the culture they have at fractal. They will give you case studies(to check your values) and will ask you to narrate past life experiences to support what you are saying. As they say "You get hired for Fractal first then your Job". 10 people cleared this round and they were selected.

Interview Questions

• What many fishes are there at this instant in the entire world?   Answer Question
    • Give a past experience to show your love for analytics?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They have a fixed salary bracket depending on which tier college you belong.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

I got in through an employee referral. The First round was an Aptitude Test with 3 sections with each having 20 questions of 20 marks each. It was followed by multiple rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Aptitude Test is more or less about checking your Quantitative skills. They may not even check your Language related section. So start with Mathematics->Logical->Verbal. Interviews are mostly about checking your thought process. Expect a lot of guesstimates and puzzles.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warangal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (Warangal (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

Campus test and then Interviewed from Mumbai. One telephonic and two skype interviews. Interviews consisted of mostly case study and it's analysis. CASE STUDIES: 1.Sales of sugar are given for a year. There are some peaks in sale in particular period of year. What can you conclude from it. (may be there was a festival or some offer placed with sugar like something giving for free) 2. You work for a insurance company. You have 100 files claiming money for insurance and you've only 3 hours to look and make decision. How will you do the job.(look for important files first like big companies. watch what they claim like a accident of a bike or fire in industry. check for if claims made are true like if there is an accident whether a police complaint is made or not and if the driver is injured) 3. Aeroplane at Airport have a waiting time for landing and take-off. How can you reduce it and what data will you require. Other then this a probability question, what is the probability of winning a tic tac toe game in the 7th turn. He basically look for approach and not exact solution. In the final interview they asked me some puzzles. Ex: There are 5 A type and 5 B type medicine. They got mixed and you have to take one A type and one B type medicine daily. How do you do that. Panel is friendly

Interview Questions

• What is the probability of winning a tic-tac toe game in 7th turn?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics in September 2014.

Interview

Hiring was a two stage process. The first round was an Aptitude test.There were three sections with 20 questions in each section:Quants,Verbal,Logical. 25% of the candidates were further shortlisted. There were two rounds of interview based on Case Studies,Guesstimates,Probability Puzzles and Logical Puzzles.Each interview lasted for about 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• I was asked 2 case studies straight out of my hobbies.So prepare your hobbies well-know the details.You should know everything that is in your resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was really no negotiation.They had a fixed CTC.