Fractal Analytics Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2015
Updated Mar 19, 2015

3.1

Director Interview

Nothing much to report...easy going and not too intense

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Fractal Analytics.

Rather long - too many rounds, it got a little painful after a point, spent an entire day at the facility. This question is getting too painful for me actually. How many more words do you want me to write, you annoying piece of crap?

Analyst Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fractal Analytics.

Campus Placement. Resume short listing followed by three rounds.
    Round 1 : 60 questions, 60 min Test. Topics : Quant, Verbal and Logical reasoning 20 min each
    Round 2 : They ask you about your resume. Please be thorough with it. One or two guestimates/puzzles
    Round 3 : Case Study and HR type Qs.

Fresher Interview

Campus placement: They asked us to register and shortlisted candidates without giving a chance to the rest. Also, there was no response when asked about the criteria. The saddest part is that, they don't even encourage freshers to apply.

Interview Questions
    • Fractal Analytics did not even interview students before shortlisting them   Answer Question

Fractal Analytics Response

Jan 6, 2015Senior Manager - Human Capital

Thank you for your review.

Apologies for you not getting an opportunity to interview with us.

As a part of our acquisition strategy, we do try to communicate clearly to the placement office
    ... More

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fractal Analytics in October 2014.

There were three rounds.
    1 Aptitude Round
    It has three sections. The questions were of CAT pattern. 60 mins , 60 questions. All sections were open.
         1. Quant - It was between CAT and CMAT level.
         2. Verbal - It was of average level.
         3. LR/DI - LR was average level and DI was easy level.Then

2 Round 1 (Interview)

In this round interviewer focused on resume and its details. Be sure that you know in and out of your resume. The interviewer asked me very basic questions like why analytics and define it. Then I was given a general guess estimate and then there was a case study. The interviewer focuses more on how you think. The interview was basically to analyse how we think.
    The interviewer was very nice and caring. He was very considering and it was the best interview uptill now. It lasted 25-30 mins

3 Round 2 (Interview)

In this round it was quite tricky. I was asked a mathematical puzzle. The interviewer was giving hint as to how to solve the question. The again I was given a case study and was asked various situations related to it basically again testing thinking. Then I was asked about my background then the interview went in that way. It was all about thinking.

The interviewers make you very comfortable and are very nice and caring.

Interview Questions
    No Negotiation for Freshers. Only for experienced professionals.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fractal Analytics in October 2014.

Written round followed by two rounds of technical interviews and one HR. Written has basic aptitude questions with interviews having case studies, puzzles and guesstimates .Interviews also involve deep understanding of your creative and analytics skills via various questions based on your resume. Guesstimates and case studies are normal as on google, though an interviewer can go deep and into multiple approaches if and when required.

Interview Questions
    • difficult maths question based on probability and graphs.   Answer Question

Better offer from a better place with good work.

Data Analyst Interview

The whole process was simple, with each round being an elimination round. Starting with a written test, the people who cleared it, made it to the personal interviews. The interview was filled with some easy case study questions and some moderately difficult puzzles. This was followed by the hr interviews.

Java Developer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fractal Analytics.

they took technical interview,asked very basic questions, they asked about core java and advanced java,they took around 30 mins interview for each cadidate,at that time 4 candidate were gave interview and they rejected all of us

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fractal Analytics.

There were 3 rounds.
    1st round-written paper of aptitude and verbal questions.level was moderate.20 students were shortlisted for interviews.
    2nd round-Interview was mainly case studies ,puzzles,probabilty questions and about your project.
    3rd round was mainly HR n some puzzles.Be confident and clear.

Interview Questions
    • He asked me about Gaussian Distribution and Stastical Formulae.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Fractal Analytics in September 2014.

Campus Placement
    There was an initial branch wise shortlisting based on the CGPA( this was mainly done since many students applied from my college). Followed by the initial shortlisting an aptitude test was held. The level of this aptitude test was quite high(CAT level). The test consisted of Verbal Abilities, Mathematical Reasoning and Data Interpretation and Analysis. 1hr was the time limit and as far as i remember 60 questions were asked(20 from each section).
    Out of the 140 initially shortlisted only 40 made it to the next round. The next round was a partly technical round. They as you questions about Probability, Logical Reasoning, Guesstimates and also questions regarding your background. They asked me to explain the functioning of an Refinery in layman's terms in under 3 mins(I am a Chemical Engineer). Good presentation is must for selection also i recommend you to wear your best suit for the interview as they judge you on the basis of your appearance. Dont give up at anypoint, if you dont know the answer politely accept and tell them that you would like to attempt solving it, give them your approach regarding the same. They are more concerned abut your approach rather than the exact solution. Display confidence, show willingness to learn and show that you can commit to them for long term. Be ready for questions like
    -why analytic?
    -why Fractal?
    Long term and short term goals
    -biggest failure/achievement of your life?
    -why should i hire you?
    -competitors of Fractal at national and international level.
    Puzzles asked in the interview were quite difficult but there are very limited number of puzzles they can ask. Try going through them on the net before going for the interview. Guesstimates like no of tennis balls that can fit this room, no of people that can accommodate in this room.

20 people cleared this round. This round was followed by a hr round. Some of the questions were repeated regarding my aim in life and stuff. Show interest and chances are you will get through this round. They test you for your values and if these values match the culture they have at fractal. They will give you case studies(to check your values) and will ask you to narrate past life experiences to support what you are saying. As they say "You get hired for Fractal first then your Job".
    10 people cleared this round and they were selected.

Interview Questions
    • What many fishes are there at this instant in the entire world?   Answer Question
    • Give a past experience to show your love for analytics?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.
    They have a fixed salary bracket depending on which tier college you belong.