Fractal Analytics

www.fractalanalytics.com

Fractal Analytics Senior Analyst Interview Questions

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Analyst Interview

2 rounds of interview, HR and Technical. Generic questions related to market strategy and data analytics. Be well aware about the current best practices for different verticals.

Other Interview Reviews for Fractal Analytics

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fractal Analytics in March 2014.

Seemless process. The results were announced on same day. It took a total of 3 to 5 rounds. Vibrant office. Friendly people. Polite Interviewers. Seemless process. The results were announced on same day. It took a total of 3 to 5 rounds. Vibrant office. Friendly people. Polite Interviewers.

Interview Questions
    They are very strict on Bands

Senior Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fractal Analytics.

It was a swift recruitment process. I applied via employee referral.
    4 rounds - 3 technical and 1 HR Round. Basic Statistical Questions asked in technical Round. Then some Case Studies relating to my Business Experience - Sales, marketing etc. They look at how deeply you interpret things, how much you go deep and how much rational thinking capability you have. Answering a simple case study doesn't mean you have answered it correctly but how many scenarios, interpretations, outside variables you can bring into that. How much you can relate It to your experience. I enjoyed the interview process as I found the interviewer very warm and it was evident that they have a strong culture fostered in their employees.

I would advice that you brush up your statistics knowledge with the practical case studies (Marketing Modeling, Sales, Price vs Demand etc) You should be able to relate analytics/statistics with Business. Apart from that you have to be confident and willing to adapt during the interview. And most important give positive vibes that your really interested to become their employee.

Interview Questions
    They have specific bands where they will place you with your experience, It doesn't matter if you have a higher package or less package. They will place you in a segment of what they pay to their current employees. Slight marginal difference might be there with respect to 50-80k negotiation. But its really tough to negotiate. You will be close to what they pay to their employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Fractal Analytics.

Good and a nice experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Fractal Analytics in February 2013.

3 Rounds:

First 2 were technical, mostly resume based and basic stats concept check.
    Easy to clear first two if you have full grasp on any interesting project done.
    Also in the problem solving section they look for quite a out of the box thinking.

I couldnt clear the HR round as I was not prepared with the basic questions like where do you see yourself 5 years from now & long term career goals.

Interview Questions
    • In the first round was asked couple of case studies related to the offered role sector, short ones just to check directional thought process.
      In the second couple of puzzles were asked, think it aloud, if deviating the interviewer will hint to help you.
      (Optional)Also be prepared to connect the dots throughout the professional career starting right away from the graduation days to have a clarity on long term career goals

Answer Question

2 rounds of technical interviews+1 skype with HR
    Scheduling was a problem- my interview was cancelled several times

HR is not very flexible on salary
    Salary range for Fractal is low per industry standards, but the annual hikes are fair

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Fractal Analytics in September 2012.

Three rounds: 1. 1st round with line manager mostly focused on past work experience (20 mins) 2. 2nd round with the associate director of the company (25 mins) 3. HR round (20 mins)
    All the three rounds went very smoothly. 1st round with manager was mainly focused on identifying the key skill sets and weaknesses. Mainly asked about the projects done in the past. Second round with higher management was focused on identifying the organization structure and my role in the previous organization. I was asked about my rating in the last appraisal cycle and the type of work my team used to do. Third and last round was simple HR round on why I wanted to relocate, why Fractal, CTC etc.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Focus was on evaluating the ability to fit in the work place.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Aptitude test followed by 2 technical rounds and finally HR round. Aptitude not very difficult. Basic Stuff. Technical interviews revolve around work ex.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Fractal Analytics in November 2011.

They are very professional people , They asked in and out of what I am doing. The job role which they were looking for was exactly the same i am doing currently. They asked me everything of my present role.

It consisted of one skill check and process related round of the topics which I am doing in my current role.
    Then They took my one 1:1 round which was with one of the directors of the company
    the there was a cross functional round which was taken by a person of some other team in Fractal and not by the person of the team for which they were considering me .

Then there was finally an HR round .

Interview Questions
    • Can you please take me through your journey of 4 years of your experience.   View Answer

They had not even discussed my salary expectations and one fine day I received a mail from HR fractal which consists of my offer letter and joining date.
    When I opened the attachment i found that the salary offered to me by them is almost equal to my current salary. I reverted them by mail asking them to have a discussion on my salary and till then I never recieved any reply from them. This seems like very unprofessional and it was never expected from a company like Fractal which has a good repute in Analytics.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fractal Analytics in October 2011.

The hiring process is structured and the HR is considerate with the interview scheduling. 5 different rounds were planned. It all started with an initial HR filter round followed by three telephonic rounds and video conferencing with the TL & different heads. You are rated at each round and as per the final rating the job band is decided.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were highly work related like retailer level or market level   View Answer
    During the interview phase , expectations are asked and if the hike asked for is reasonable as per job location or experience then the offer placed is justifiable.