Fractal Analytics

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fractal Analytics in March 2014.

Interview Details – Seemless process. The results were announced on same day. It took a total of 3 to 5 rounds. Vibrant office. Friendly people. Polite Interviewers. Seemless process. The results were announced on same day. It took a total of 3 to 5 rounds. Vibrant office. Friendly people. Polite Interviewers.

Interview Question – They check u on values   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They are very strict on Bands

Interviewed at Fractal Analytics

Interview Details – 2 rounds of interview, HR and Technical. Generic questions related to market strategy and data analytics. Be well aware about the current best practices for different verticals.

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fractal Analytics.

Interview Details – It was a swift recruitment process. I applied via employee referral.
4 rounds - 3 technical and 1 HR Round. Basic Statistical Questions asked in technical Round. Then some Case Studies relating to my Business Experience - Sales, marketing etc. They look at how deeply you interpret things, how much you go deep and how much rational thinking capability you have. Answering a simple case study doesn't mean you have answered it correctly but how many scenarios, interpretations, outside variables you can bring into that. How much you can relate It to your experience. I enjoyed the interview process as I found the interviewer very warm and it was evident that they have a strong culture fostered in their employees.

I would advice that you brush up your statistics knowledge with the practical case studies (Marketing Modeling, Sales, Price vs Demand etc) You should be able to relate analytics/statistics with Business. Apart from that you have to be confident and willing to adapt during the interview. And most important give positive vibes that your really interested to become their employee.

Interview Question – Predict Sales Volume vs Pricing vs Demand   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They have specific bands where they will place you with your experience, It doesn't matter if you have a higher package or less package. They will place you in a segment of what they pay to their current employees. Slight marginal difference might be there with respect to 50-80k negotiation. But its really tough to negotiate. You will be close to what they pay to their employees.

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Fractal Analytics in February 2013.

Interview Details – 3 Rounds:

First 2 were technical, mostly resume based and basic stats concept check.
Easy to clear first two if you have full grasp on any interesting project done.
Also in the problem solving section they look for quite a out of the box thinking.

I couldnt clear the HR round as I was not prepared with the basic questions like where do you see yourself 5 years from now & long term career goals.

Interview Question – In the first round was asked couple of case studies related to the offered role sector, short ones just to check directional thought process.
In the second couple of puzzles were asked, think it aloud, if deviating the interviewer will hint to help you.
(Optional)Also be prepared to connect the dots throughout the professional career starting right away from the graduation days to have a clarity on long term career goals
  Answer Question

Senior Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fractal Analytics in August 2011.

Interview Details – Resume Shortlisting,
Telephonic Technical Round 2 (Analytics, Regression, Projects, Case Study)
HR Round and Salary Negotiation

Interview Question – I guess Interview questions was not difficult, Be genuine and confident,
Research about the company work will help
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate as I was looking to move close to my Home town

One advice: Do not go by designation - Negotiate on your role and opportunities, salary depends on your skills

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fractal Analytics.

Interview Details – Good and a nice experience.

Interview Question – Mind games   Answer Question

Mumbai (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Fractal Analytics in December 2009.

Interview Details – Received a phone call from HR, followed with a three rounds of interview. the first riound was with a 2 member peer and senior panel. The first assessment was partially on fundamental statistical concepts and business knowledge. A second round was with a senior panel member assessing deeper business concepts and statistical knowledge. Third round was with HR before the offer was made.

Very Easy Interview

Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fractal Analytics in September 2012.

Interview Details – Three rounds: 1. 1st round with line manager mostly focused on past work experience (20 mins) 2. 2nd round with the associate director of the company (25 mins) 3. HR round (20 mins)
All the three rounds went very smoothly. 1st round with manager was mainly focused on identifying the key skill sets and weaknesses. Mainly asked about the projects done in the past. Second round with higher management was focused on identifying the organization structure and my role in the previous organization. I was asked about my rating in the last appraisal cycle and the type of work my team used to do. Third and last round was simple HR round on why I wanted to relocate, why Fractal, CTC etc.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Focus was on evaluating the ability to fit in the work place.   Answer Question

Interview Details – 2 rounds of technical interviews+1 skype with HR
Scheduling was a problem- my interview was cancelled several times

Negotiation Details – HR is not very flexible on salary
Salary range for Fractal is low per industry standards, but the annual hikes are fair

Interviewed at Fractal Analytics

Interview Details – Aptitude test followed by 2 technical rounds and finally HR round. Aptitude not very difficult. Basic Stuff. Technical interviews revolve around work ex.

Interview Question – Tell us something not on your resume   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fractal Analytics

Worked for Fractal Analytics? Contribute to the Community!