Fractal Analytics Senior Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2015

3.2

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics.

Interview

It had 3 rounds, each lasting around 45 mins. Largely revolves on logical thinking and problem solving skills. A lot of focus on problem solving as that is what expected of the analysis here at Fractal.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fractal Analytics

Senior Analyst Interview

Interview

2 rounds of interview, HR and Technical. Generic questions related to market strategy and data analytics. Be well aware about the current best practices for different verticals.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in March 2014.

Interview

Seemless process. The results were announced on same day. It took a total of 3 to 5 rounds. Vibrant office. Friendly people. Polite Interviewers. Seemless process. The results were announced on same day. It took a total of 3 to 5 rounds. Vibrant office. Friendly people. Polite Interviewers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They are very strict on Bands

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (Mumbai (India)) in February 2014.

Interview

The process took a total of 3 days from the first telephonic interview to the final offer being made. Since I was not working in either Mumbai or Gurgaon at the time, the two places that Fractal has offices in in India, my entire interview process was conducted via telephone. The HR was very considerate and accommodating in getting the interviews scheduled as per my convenience. The first round was taken by an Associate Director and lasted 35-40 minutes. The interviewer tried to put me at ease by asking very general questions initially. The interview involved some general IQ questions and ended with a small business case. The second round was held two days later and taken by a Director. The interviewer asked more general questions pertaining to my willingness to change my field of work. A relatively simple guesstimate question was asked. The interview ended with the interviewer explaining the structure and work culture at Fractal and how it would help in case I got an offer. The last round was an HR interview whose purpose is very difficult to comprehend for an engineer. I got an offer immediately after the HR interview ended.

Interview Questions

• Q1. Why analytics and why do you want to switch to the analytics domain?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The only downside was that the offer put on the table was non-negotiable while being less than what I was earning already.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2014.

Interview

overall good experience but please hire as per requirement. You guys ask modekking questionsin interview and give us reporting work and and take this interview selection seriously overall good experience but please hire as per requirement. You guys ask modekking questionsin interview and give us reporting work

Interview Questions

• overall overall good experience but please hire as per requirement. You guys ask modekking questionsin interview and give us reporting work overall good experience but please hire as per requirement. You guys ask modekking questionsin interview and give us reporting workgood experience but please hire as per requirement. You guys ask modekking questionsin interview and give us reporting work   1 Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics.

Interview

It was a swift recruitment process. I applied via employee referral. 4 rounds - 3 technical and 1 HR Round. Basic Statistical Questions asked in technical Round. Then some Case Studies relating to my Business Experience - Sales, marketing etc. They look at how deeply you interpret things, how much you go deep and how much rational thinking capability you have. Answering a simple case study doesn't mean you have answered it correctly but how many scenarios, interpretations, outside variables you can bring into that. How much you can relate It to your experience. I enjoyed the interview process as I found the interviewer very warm and it was evident that they have a strong culture fostered in their employees. I would advice that you brush up your statistics knowledge with the practical case studies (Marketing Modeling, Sales, Price vs Demand etc) You should be able to relate analytics/statistics with Business. Apart from that you have to be confident and willing to adapt during the interview. And most important give positive vibes that your really interested to become their employee.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They have specific bands where they will place you with your experience, It doesn't matter if you have a higher package or less package. They will place you in a segment of what they pay to their current employees. Slight marginal difference might be there with respect to 50-80k negotiation. But its really tough to negotiate. You will be close to what they pay to their employees.

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Good and a nice experience.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2013.

Interview

3 Rounds: First 2 were technical, mostly resume based and basic stats concept check. Easy to clear first two if you have full grasp on any interesting project done. Also in the problem solving section they look for quite a out of the box thinking. I couldnt clear the HR round as I was not prepared with the basic questions like where do you see yourself 5 years from now & long term career goals.

Interview Questions

• In the first round was asked couple of case studies related to the offered role sector, short ones just to check directional thought process. In the second couple of puzzles were asked, think it aloud, if deviating the interviewer will hint to help you. (Optional)Also be prepared to connect the dots throughout the professional career starting right away from the graduation days to have a clarity on long term career goals   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Interview

2 rounds of technical interviews+1 skype with HR Scheduling was a problem- my interview was cancelled several times

Negotiation

HR is not very flexible on salary Salary range for Fractal is low per industry standards, but the annual hikes are fair

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (Mumbai (India)) in September 2012.

Interview

Three rounds: 1. 1st round with line manager mostly focused on past work experience (20 mins) 2. 2nd round with the associate director of the company (25 mins) 3. HR round (20 mins) All the three rounds went very smoothly. 1st round with manager was mainly focused on identifying the key skill sets and weaknesses. Mainly asked about the projects done in the past. Second round with higher management was focused on identifying the organization structure and my role in the previous organization. I was asked about my rating in the last appraisal cycle and the type of work my team used to do. Third and last round was simple HR round on why I wanted to relocate, why Fractal, CTC etc.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Focus was on evaluating the ability to fit in the work place.   Answer Question