Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen, & Loewy Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen, & Loewy.

Interview

The interview process consisted of four phases, a phone screen, phone interview, a video interview that included an online multiple-choice exam, and a final, in-person interview. The test asked mostly about general business etiquette, but also included questions regarding correct grammar, etc. The interviews were straightforward, some behavioral questions, and questions about your interest in immigration law. None of those weird case questions like how many jellybeans fit into a Honda civic.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen, & Loewy (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied via FutureStep. Within a few days, I was contacted by a recruiter to set up a short phone interview. Two hours the phone interview, I had a 45-minute long skype interview with a supervising recruiter. It was very casual, just going through my resume and talking more about the position. After, I was given 24 hours to provide 5 references and complete an ESkills test and 48 hours to complete a set of video interview questions. The Eskills test wasn't too hard but tests a whole plethora of skills, from logic to procrastination. The interview questions were nice because you could record it as many times as you wanted and submit an answer you were happy with. It gave me an opportunity to be more thorough and articulate than if I was not given the opportunity to prep my answers. Within 2 days, I was contacted to set up a on-site interview. After the on-site interview, I was contacted by HR within the hour with an offer. The entire process was very very fast paced - It took about a week from my online application to the offer. I think the process was very representative of Fragomen as a company as a whole - fast, with tight deadlines, and structured.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen, & Loewy (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I sent an application online. In few days, a recruiter from Futurestep called me to provide overview of the recruitment process. Recruiter asked me on the phone expected salary and date I can start working. Recruitment process consisted of initial phone interview, video interview with a head recruiter, reference checking and an onsite panel interview. Onsite panel interview was with their attorneys and paralegals. Video interview went for an hour. Onsite panel interview went for an hour. The whole process took a month. Most of the questions were behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were faced with problems or stresses at work that tested your coping skills. How do you handle stress?   Answer Question

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen, & Loewy (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for the LA office but was abroad so I had 3 phone interviews. The first two were very short (around 10 minutes). The interviewers asked me 2 questions and said had to go to a meeting and ended the call. The third interview went for around 30 minutes and was an alright interview with typical questions and time for me to ask questions as well. I was told I'd hear back in about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my previous work experiences and what I know about the firm.   Answer Question

Assistant Paralegal I Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen, & Loewy.

Interview

The interview process was pleasantly fast-paced and efficient. The process was comprised of several rounds including a phone screening, an online assessment, a self-recorded interview, and an on-site panel interview. All of the interviewers were professional and responded quickly to emails. The interviews included standard behavioral questions as well as questions regarding the applicant's interest in the firm.

Interview Questions

• How does working with Fragomen fit into your long-term career goals?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen, & Loewy.

Interview

Really easy/ laid back. The interview was set up by the temp agency and conducted with the Partner of the firm. Asked pretty standard interview questions in terms of my background, educational history, and personality traits. Nothing to sweat over really. Pretty much just winged it and everything went fine.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen, & Loewy (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was extremely awkward and I don't think my interviewer had questions in mind to ask me. She asked me very minimal questions and didn't seem to be paying attention. I went through a staffing agency and the person interviewing me appeared clueless as to what to do with me once she was finished with her questions .

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen, & Loewy (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was rather long for an entry-level position. It consisted of a phone screening, a series of self-recorded videos, an online skills assessment, and an in-person panel interview with an HR contact and a team of attorneys. Everyone was friendly and professional. HR responded quickly to emails most of the time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you told different things to different people and it came back to haunt you.   Answer Question

Paralegal Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen, & Loewy (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a great experience. Everyone was nice and friendly. The questions were easy and there were no surprises there. The only thing i didn't like was when someone from HR called my cell phone just to tell me i didn't get the job. He left a message but didn't say anything specific. I tried calling back a few times. i was hopeful that i got the job because i was told that a phone call from HR was a good sigh. I got a call back eventually with a rejection. Ii wish it was just an email.

Interview Questions

• Regular interview questions. Mostly went through my resume.   Answer Question

Assistant Paralegal I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen, & Loewy in April 2015.

Interview

Phone screening, video interview, personal recorded interview, in-office interview with attorneys. There was also an assessment. Basically, a really rigorous screening process that I believe is unnecessary but is used to weed people out who don't really want the job. Too much work for an assistant paralegal position, honestly. However, the attorneys (maybe not at every firm, but for the location I applied to) were extremely well-versed, extremely smart, and very passionate about their jobs. However, this company needs to look at their hiring process again...