Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen, & Loewy Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.7

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen, & Loewy (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for the LA office but was abroad so I had 3 phone interviews. The first two were very short (around 10 minutes). The interviewers asked me 2 questions and said had to go to a meeting and ended the call. The third interview went for around 30 minutes and was an alright interview with typical questions and time for me to ask questions as well. I was told I'd hear back in about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my previous work experiences and what I know about the firm.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen, & Loewy.

Interview

The interview process was pleasantly fast-paced and efficient. The process was comprised of several rounds including a phone screening, an online assessment, a self-recorded interview, and an on-site panel interview. All of the interviewers were professional and responded quickly to emails. The interviews included standard behavioral questions as well as questions regarding the applicant's interest in the firm.

Interview Questions

• How does working with Fragomen fit into your long-term career goals?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen, & Loewy.

Interview

Really easy/ laid back. The interview was set up by the temp agency and conducted with the Partner of the firm. Asked pretty standard interview questions in terms of my background, educational history, and personality traits. Nothing to sweat over really. Pretty much just winged it and everything went fine.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen, & Loewy (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was extremely awkward and I don't think my interviewer had questions in mind to ask me. She asked me very minimal questions and didn't seem to be paying attention. I went through a staffing agency and the person interviewing me appeared clueless as to what to do with me once she was finished with her questions .

Assistant Paralegal I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen, & Loewy (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was rather long for an entry-level position. It consisted of a phone screening, a series of self-recorded videos, an online skills assessment, and an in-person panel interview with an HR contact and a team of attorneys. Everyone was friendly and professional. HR responded quickly to emails most of the time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you told different things to different people and it came back to haunt you.   Answer Question

Paralegal Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen, & Loewy (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a great experience. Everyone was nice and friendly. The questions were easy and there were no surprises there. The only thing i didn't like was when someone from HR called my cell phone just to tell me i didn't get the job. He left a message but didn't say anything specific. I tried calling back a few times. i was hopeful that i got the job because i was told that a phone call from HR was a good sigh. I got a call back eventually with a rejection. Ii wish it was just an email.

Interview Questions

• Regular interview questions. Mostly went through my resume.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen, & Loewy in April 2015.

Interview

Phone screening, video interview, personal recorded interview, in-office interview with attorneys. There was also an assessment. Basically, a really rigorous screening process that I believe is unnecessary but is used to weed people out who don't really want the job. Too much work for an assistant paralegal position, honestly. However, the attorneys (maybe not at every firm, but for the location I applied to) were extremely well-versed, extremely smart, and very passionate about their jobs. However, this company needs to look at their hiring process again...

Assistant Paralegal II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Matawan, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen, & Loewy (Matawan, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

I had an incredibly awful experience interviewing with Fragomen. I was contacted initially by a recruiter for a phone interview, which was actually a video interview. It was slightly inconvenient to find a private place to do this during the work day but I made it work because I was excited about interviewing for the firm. One of the questions asked was about my GPA which I wasn't completely sure about since I haven’t had to look at or think about my transcripts since 5 years ago when I graduated (other employers have deemed me competent by talking to me and my experience). I took a guess and told them I wasn't totally sure and it would be confirmed once I was asked for my transcripts. The interview was pretty basic and went well. I was contacted a few days later by another recruiter for an in-person interview. After several missed calls and voice mails back and forth, an interview is scheduled. Recruiter insisted that I get my transcripts ASAP which I can understand but I explained to him that I spoke to the school and they won’t email or fax and can only mail and I will pass on as soon as I get it. The day of the interview (a Thursday), it was snowing and the recruiter called me about 4 hours before the interview to cancel, even though their office had announced they would be closed the night before. Whatever, snow is bad and I can understand (even though I took time off from work for this interview). I don’t hear from the recruiter again until Monday afternoon when he leaves me a message saying that my interview is scheduled for tomorrow (WHAT?!?!) and giving me a hard time about the fact that they don’t have my transcripts. I again explained…similarly to their office, the University was closed due to snow and the process was delayed. The recruiter was quite condescending and basically made it seem like he didn't believe me. Also, he didn't seem to believe that I never got an email for an interview at 2PM the next day. I still agreed to the interview at SUPER last notice and told him the transcripts should be there that day. I sent them over to him around 8AM the next morning. I get a call about 1.5 hours before the interview (current job is quite far from their office, so I had taken a half day and was already on my way there) to say that my GPA was not good enough to work there and they would need to cancel. 1.) my GPA is not bad, it is a B. And it was higher in my major 2.) AT NO POINT did anyone mention that there was a GPA requirement and 3.) they have had my GPA since very early that morning and they wait until now to let me know. After a few moment of me pleading, recruiter said that if they had my transcripts earlier, this would not have happened (making me not only feel incompetent but also as if it was my fault that the transcript was not given to them earlier). This is the most unprofessional behavior I have ever seen and coming from someone who has worked in small non-profits, that really says something. Fragomen has no respect for peoples time and really should be more transparent about their process. I will never recommend Fragomen to anyone and will never interview for any firm after the experience I had with them.

Interview Questions

• What is your GPA, describe a difficult experience and how you handles it   Answer Question

Assistant Paralegal (Temporary) Interview

Application

Interview

The interview was super quick. The attorneys mostly asked questions about experiences during undergraduate, and my interest in Law School. I thought it was nice how they appreciate people that are interested in Law School, but also people that are not. It shows that they value the different aspects of work that are pertinent to the legal field, aside from specifically practicing law.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my interest in Law School, and what I gained from my college experience.   Answer Question

Assistant Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen, & Loewy (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Challenging and a little bit slow. The interviewer was a great person. Very polite and easy-going. The whole process includes a phone conversation, an online pre-recorded interview, where you basically answer questions that they give you online and you get a chance to re-record your answers before submitting them. Once you finish with pre-recorded Q&A they send you an email and invite to a skype interview. This interview takes about 30-40 minutes and is fairly easy. However, it took them longer than a month to reply back to me to schedule an in-person interview at their office.