Framestore

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Office Administrative Position Interview Interview

Office Administrative Position Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Framestore in March 2014.

Interview Details – Very quick process, which was nice. The employees and interviewers were open and enthusiastic, and the working environment gave an overall positive impression. Interviewed with many different people over the course of a few days, felt great about my potential fit for the job, and received a lot of positive feedback. However, once the question of potential compensation was brought up, the tone changed and the interviewers stressed "entry level" despite the position being advertised as at least a tier above that with the myriad responsibilities that entailed. Low entry level pay for the amount of gruelling hours required weekly, minimal 30 minute break during the working day, along with complicated and essential responsibilities doesn't add up. Very disappointing.

Interview Question – None - pretty standard interview fare.   Answer Question

Runner Interview

Runner
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Framestore in May 2008.

Interview Details – Met with Head of Production first then the President of the company, very informal.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Texture Artist Interview

Texture Artist
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Framestore in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online on their websystem. I got an email about coming in for an interview. At the interview was the recruiter, which I had emailed with about setting up the interview date, and 2 joint heads of department. The interview was quite short (probably 20 minutes), as the meeting room we were in had been booked by somebody else. We then had to decamp to the lobby. After the interview they asked me for my day rate, I got an offer back. After another couple of weeks, I got a contract per email. Then they changed my start date a couple of times (moving it further out by a few months).

Interview Question – There were no questions really. Just the "talk us through your reel"...   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They asked me for my day rate, I put a figure to them. A couple of days later, I got an offer back (with a slightly lower rate), which was still generous. I accepted, and that was that.

Senior Effects Technical Director Interview

Senior Effects Technical Director

Interviewed at Framestore

Interview Details – phone interview with a department lead
forward questions about the substance knowledge on the specific area of expertise, no unnecessary fluff.

Negotiation Details – easy

Animator Interview

Animator
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Framestore.

Interview Details – Had an interview in London for the animator position.
Interviewers made it really comfortable, with questions regarding workflow, pipeline, previous work experience, animation education, and potential projects I could work on.

The onsite interview was a really good experience, but the email communication was really bad, with weeks (more likely months) to wait for an update. That's the reason of a negative rating.

Interview Question – What are your strengths and weaknesses in animation?   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Administrative
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Framestore in June 2013.

Interview Details – The Hiring and Interview Process at Framestore was very similar to most employers, very standard. After sending my application online, I was contacted by a HR administrator and had my first interview was over the phone. The second interview was scheduled at the studio, standard Q & A, and learning more about the job position.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Framestore in July 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, sent showreel, interview was short and to the point, got an offer really fast

Negotiation Details – didn't negotiate

Software Engineering Interview

Software Engineering

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Framestore in September 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online via their website. Within 7 days I received confirmation of my application and an invitation to interview in 7 days time. The interview was conducted by phone. I was interviewed by a group of 4 senior employees of the company. They made for a very relaxed interview, asking question based on my CV but also based on answers to questions. Software engineering paradigms were discussed.

Interview Question – What software engineering processes have you used in your development experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They asked what remuneration package I would expect and offered exactly that.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Framestore? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Framestore interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Framestore employees and interview candidates.