Framestore Interview Questions

Updated Dec 14, 2014

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Framestore in March 2014.

Interview

Very quick process, which was nice. The employees and interviewers were open and enthusiastic, and the working environment gave an overall positive impression. Interviewed with many different people over the course of a few days, felt great about my potential fit for the job, and received a lot of positive feedback. However, once the question of potential compensation was brought up, the tone changed and the interviewers stressed "entry level" despite the position being advertised as at least a tier above that with the myriad responsibilities that entailed. Low entry level pay for the amount of gruelling hours required weekly, minimal 30 minute break during the working day, along with complicated and essential responsibilities doesn't add up. Very disappointing.

Runner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Framestore (New York, NY) in May 2008.

Interview

Met with Head of Production first then the President of the company, very informal.

Groom TD Interview

Interview

a good friend of mine introduced me to the company. The contacted me and asked for a date to interview. some technical questions and that was it. We already had agreement on salary by mail. faster than easier than what Id think.

Senior Effects Technical Director Interview

Interview

phone interview with a department lead
    forward questions about the substance knowledge on the specific area of expertise, no unnecessary fluff.

Negotiation

easy

Animator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Framestore (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Had an interview in London for the animator position.
    Interviewers made it really comfortable, with questions regarding workflow, pipeline, previous work experience, animation education, and potential projects I could work on.

The onsite interview was a really good experience, but the email communication was really bad, with weeks (more likely months) to wait for an update. That's the reason of a negative rating.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Framestore (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

The Hiring and Interview Process at Framestore was very similar to most employers, very standard. After sending my application online, I was contacted by a HR administrator and had my first interview was over the phone. The second interview was scheduled at the studio, standard Q & A, and learning more about the job position.

Texture Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Framestore (London, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online on their websystem. I got an email about coming in for an interview. At the interview was the recruiter, which I had emailed with about setting up the interview date, and 2 joint heads of department. The interview was quite short (probably 20 minutes), as the meeting room we were in had been booked by somebody else. We then had to decamp to the lobby. After the interview they asked me for my day rate, I got an offer back. After another couple of weeks, I got a contract per email. Then they changed my start date a couple of times (moving it further out by a few months).

Interview Questions

• There were no questions really. Just the "talk us through your reel"...   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked me for my day rate, I put a figure to them. A couple of days later, I got an offer back (with a slightly lower rate), which was still generous. I accepted, and that was that.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Framestore (London, England (UK)) in July 2012.

Interview

Applied online, sent showreel, interview was short and to the point, got an offer really fast

Negotiation

didn't negotiate

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Framestore in September 2009.

Interview

I applied online via their website. Within 7 days I received confirmation of my application and an invitation to interview in 7 days time. The interview was conducted by phone. I was interviewed by a group of 4 senior employees of the company. They made for a very relaxed interview, asking question based on my CV but also based on answers to questions. Software engineering paradigms were discussed.

Interview Questions

• What software engineering processes have you used in your development experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked what remuneration package I would expect and offered exactly that.