Francesca's Collections Interview Questions & Reviews

2.2

Keyholder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hunt Valley, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hunt Valley, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Francesca's Collections in May 2014.

Applied on the 11th, got a call on the 16th for an interview that i missed-played phone tag for 3 days, interviewed the 21th-was told right after the interview that i was the best candidate and i would hear back by the end of the week. Got a call on the 23rd with a official offer and to fill out some papers.
      No unexpected questions, was asked about previous job-what i liked, what i didn't like, how my previous employer would describe me(3 words), how i would describe my style, what do i know about the store, why i want to work for them, what has been my greatest accomplish thus far, where do i see myself in 2 years, how would i handle an upset customer, and what do i like about retail. Super relaxed! Only interview I had where I didn't feel nervous!

Interview Questions
    • Not hard or unexpected question but if they ask you if you have questions, DO NOT SAY NO. ask something! what does a typical day look like? why did YOU chose this store? etc. Show interest. Also if you get asked about a disagreement with a co-worker or manager be honest but don't bad mouth them and make sure to emphasis how the disagreement came to a reasonable conclusion.   Answer Question
    They told me the base pay, which was what i was hoping to get anyway, so i didn't try for more.

Boutique Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Francesca's Collections in April 2014.

The questions were related to the fashion industry and seemed fluffy. More personality type questions.

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Francesca's Collections in July 2013.

I was originally hired as the Assistant Manager at my location, and the process was very easy. I submitted an application through Monster.com and then a recruiter from Houston contacted the current Boutique Manager with my Resume. I had an interview with her and then one more interview with the Area Manager. When I was promoted to Boutique Manager 8 months later I did an informal interview with the Area Manager about the position and then had a phone interview with the Regional Manager. From here I was given an offer letter and accepted the position.

Interview Questions
    • There was not any difficult or unexpected question that I can think of. The interview process dealt mostly with the expectations for the position and what the Area manager and Regional Manager would expect out of me if I did choose to accept the position.   Answer Question

Assistant Boutique Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Francesca's Collections.

Applied through the website. Heard back from the Boutique Manager about a month later (the store was brand new and was not open yet) for a phone interview. Was asked a few questions about why I was applying and what I thought of the store. We then set a date for a face to face interview the next week. The interview took about an hour and was pretty much what you would expect at a retail interview. They asked a lot of customer service related questions and "what would you do if..." type questions.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were really that difficult or our of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Boutique Key Holder Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Francesca's Collections.

Interview was really casual. Was asked why I liked fashion, what inspires me, what I look for in style. Was also asked about pushing sales and having repeat customers.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked where I get my fashion sense from. It was just an unexpected question.   Answer Question

It was only a part time job, and you weren't allowed to work any other retail store. I wanted a full time position.

Boutique Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Francesca's Collections.

Will be called to set up interview time at the boutique. Will be mainly interviewed by the store manager, which will be done with interviews within a weeks time. Once they're done with the interviewing process, they will extend an offer.

Sales Boutique Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Francesca's Collections in May 2012.

I got in contact via store visit and short phone conversation with the manager. We then scheduled an in-store interview for the following week. The questions were very straightforward behavioral type questions, such as inquiries about my relevant sales experience and what my reactions would be in hypothetical customer interactions (people seeking specific clothing advice versus who do not appear to want help by their body language).

Interview Questions
    • How would you greet and react to a customer who enters the store but appears not to want assistance through her body language?   View Answer

I wanted a summer position and could not commit to also working during the school year.

Boutique Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Francesca's Collections.

I was promoted to Boutique Manager from Assistant Boutique Manager and to Assistant Boutique Manager from Key Holder and to Key Holder from Boutique Associate, so I cannot attest to the interview process for Boutique Managers coming from the outside. My initial interview experience consisted of a selection of the typical interview questions that are asked of every francesca's® employee plus one question that my then manager asked of all her interviewees: where do you get your fashion inspiration? The interview process as I was promoted consisted of questions more along the lines of, "Why do you feel that you're ready for this position," "Who do you think would be most qualified to take your place when you leave your current position," etc.

I should add that a background check is required for Key Holder and above.

Interview Questions
    • I really don't remember which question was most difficult for me to answer as I interviewed almost three years ago. I can, however, say that since then, I have interviewed dozens of people, especially upon becoming the manager of my own store and taking on the task of hiring a full staff. The most difficult question for most people to answer is, "What are some weaknesses you would like to work on?"   View Answer
    When I was originally hired as a Boutique Associate, I accepted at $8.50 per hour (I believe). I obviously went through a series of pay increases as I was promoted through the ranks, but as of now, I make $35,000 annually. I did not have to negotiate as this was the rate I was hoping for, and it was the rate I was offered.

Boutique Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Francesca's Collections in February 2014.

I applied online. After 2 weeks I received a phone interview from their recruiter, in which after she set up a in person interview with the area manager 2 weeks later.2 days after the Area manager interview i was set up with a phone interview with the Regional manager. It took only 2 days to receive a offer pending my background check. From start to finish the whole hiring process was very professional and conducted in a timely manner.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were simple to answer especially if you have significant retail management experience.   Answer Question
    They offered me more than what I asked for which was a pleasant surprise.

Boutique Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Murray, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murray, UT

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Francesca's Collections in March 2012.

I applied online because the store was just opening at the mall. I sent an email with my resume attached and was contacted by the manager within the week. There was only one face-to-face interview. It was pretty short and straight forward. It was actually really short. I think she only asked me four questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected. She asked about my sales experience and interest in display or design in addition to customer service.   Answer Question