Francesca's Collections Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.2

Boutique Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Francesca's Collections.

Interview

Was called within a few days of submitting application online. Asked to come in quickly to do the initial face to face interview with the Store Manager. Interview went well, very conversational and laid back style, easy to talk and ask questions (which is something you should do!). Had an additional interview over the phone with the District Manager and style was somewhat the same, but more pointed questions were asked, nothing too hard or out of the ordinary. Each interview averaged about 20 minutes. Whole process was done in one day and was hired the same day as well!

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you provided great customer service. (Company is implementing new program heavily promoting customer service and the initial customer greeting process. This is very important to them and could be a make or break question if a decent answer can't be produced.)   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you worked in a fast paced environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate. Was offered more than I listed on application.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Francesca's Collections in November 2014.

Interview

After I applied for the job, I was called in for an interview. I met with several members of the HR team. They all seemed quite nice and friendly. The interview lasted for an hour and thirty minutes. Upon finishing the interview, they said I would "hear from them shortly".

A few days had gone by and I hadn't heard back from them, so I wrote a "Thank You" letter and mailed it to the available address.

Three months later and still nothing.They were completely unresponsive. (no email, no phone call, no letter or anything). They didn't even bother to tell me that I didn't get the job. Any response at all would have been appreciated.

Interview Questions

• What was your least favorite task to complete at your previous HR job?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Francesca's Collections.

Interview

Applied with paper application to the store and was called in for an interview the next week. Most of the questions were very simple, behavioral interview questions. Nothing was super difficult. They asked for how many days I could work or when I could be available. I was in high school at the time and wasn't incredibly available so that hindered my interview. After the questions, I had to do a "mock sales" where I helped the manager as if she was a customer. It was slightly awkward.

Sales Boutique Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Francesca's Collections.

Interview

Applied online and about a week later, I was set up with a phone interview that lasted about an hour long about my previous jobs, work experience, interests and why I chose the company. Then I followed up with a meeting in person at the store.

Boutique Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Francesca's Collections in October 2014.

Interview

I uploaded a resume online on a Friday and received a call from the Boutique Manager on Monday. She asked me to come in the following day for an in-person interview. Upon entering the store, she took me to the back room where we sat at a table and we talked for about 20-30 minutes. It was very professional and well-done! She called the following day to give me a second interview with the District Manager in-store. I went and met with her, once again, same process, and heard back about 2 days later with a job offer! I thought I would never get the job because she told me she had been interviewing for weeks, but I have been working at my store for 5 months now with a wonderful team! Very laid-back interview, but dress nicely. You are required to wear skirts, dresses, or colored denim when you work, so it's expected that you dress your best.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an irate customer?
      Why do you want to work at Francesca's?
      Tell me about your previous retail experience.
      What is your opinion on drama in the workplace?
      If you were a shoe, what kind would you be?

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Francesca's Collections (Gaithersburg, MD).

Interview

Applied online and heard back withing a couple days and was asked to come in for an interview the next day. The interview was quite causal with the manager but make sure to look nice because this store puts a lot of value on appearance. Usual interview questions about past sales experience etc. About two hours after my interview I got a call from the manager to schedule a phone interview with the district manager. Again relatively casual in that she was friendly and seemed fine with the fact that I wasn't perfect in all of my answers. Two days later I received a call offering me the job and I told them that there was also another job I was considering and she asked me to give her a final answer by the next day. When I called back the next day to accept the job they had chosen another applicant

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to Francesca's that no one else can?   Answer Question

There was another job I was considering and I asked to be given some time to make a final decision. When I responded to accept the position the next day they had already chosen another applicant.

Assistant Boutique Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Francesca's Collections.

Interview

I was contacted about an interview almost immediately after submitting my application online. I went in the next day and was interviewed by two Managers. The questions were easy and straightforward. It was pretty casual, laid back and comfortable. The next day I was contacted about an interview with the District Manager. I then had a phone interview with the District Manager the following day. It was also straightforward, behavior/situation based questions. I was told the new hire would be contacted the following morning. Instead, I received a call just a few hours later offering me the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, I was offered much more than I had asked for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Francesca's Collections (McLean, VA).

Interview

You have to fill out a form with basic information, education, experience, etc. The manger then called me in for an interview. I made sure to bring a resume, even though there wasn't much on it. We sat in the back room, and it was very casual. She went through a list of pretty basic interview questions, and asked me when I could start.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a customer who wasn't sure what they are looking for?   2 Answers

Francesca's Question Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Francesca's Collections (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

I applied and got a call pretty fast about interviewing. It was with the boutique Manager. The questions were pretty basic. The boutique manager basically talked about the job description and we talked about how I had the experience to meet what was being asked of me for the job. It was a pretty easy Job interview.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the team that is different from everyone else?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Francesca's Collections (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Honest manager that remembered I called had a nice sit down outside. Called right away for a second interview with both managers had a fashion test, quick offer so you didn't have to wonder.