Franciscan Medical Group

Franciscan Medical Group Interview Questions

Physician and Nurse Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Franciscan Medical Group in July 2012.

My fiancé and I are both in medicine (different specialties) and interviewed for positions at FMG/SJMC in Tacoma over the summer of 2012. We were both extended written offers shortly following our interviews. During my interviews, I was led to believe that I was interviewing for a newly created medical director position for an expanding service. However, the offer letter specified a staff level position and a salary offer that was less than the median. The real problems with leadership and administration's lack of transparency and integrity emerged during negotiations over a 2-month period. I found it odd that in late stage negotiations, the physician recruiter continued to be the point of contact rather than physician leadership or administration. During my second meeting with FMG leadership to finalize our negotiations, I was assured of their commitment to employ me and to resolve the few outstanding issues. The CEO indicated that he would have resolution and would contact me by a specified date; however, he never called. During the next 2 weeks, I attempted to contact the CEO on many occasions to no avail. My calls and emails were ignored. I was surprised to learn of the CEO's decision to hire another physician for the position in an email that he inadvertently sent to my fiancé and to several other uninvolved individuals on the distribution list. After the email blunder, he lacked the professionalism and courtesy to contact me to apologize or to offer an explanation. My fiancé has a similar unfavorable opinion of FMG leadership. Her requests for clarification regarding key responsibilities, reporting mechanism, contractual terms were dismissed by administration. She was told that rather than being overly concerned about the details of the job, "it is more important to employ the right person." Her letter of offer contained the name of another individual within the narrative. Maybe a simple oversight, but when taken altogether, in our opinion, the leadership was dishonest or non-transparent at the minimum, grossly unprofessional and cost us valuable time and energy in our pursuit of employment.

Interview Questions
    • I applied on line for a posted position. When I arrived at the interview, I discovered that I was being interviewed for another position within the same department.   Answer Question

Failure of administration to clarify key job responsibilities, reporting mechanism, contractual terms. Offer letter was vague and contained the name of another person in the narrative (sloppy). I requested on several occasions to meet with the director of the department and his reply indicated that he preferred to talk with me via phone vs meet with me in person, although I had already received a letter of offer. When I requested important details about the position I was offered, clarification was never provided. In fact, the director told me in an email not to be overly concerned about the job details and that it was more important to hire the right people.

Medical Records Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Franciscan Medical Group in June 2011.

The interview process was relatively easy. I received a call to schedule my interview and met with the office manager and department lead once. I was offered the position that same day and once my background check was completed, I was able to start orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions; what are your strengths, what are your weaknesses, etc. The most difficult was coming up with a scenario in which you have to show problem solving ability. Not too hard.   Answer Question

Patient Services Representative Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Franciscan Medical Group in October 2011.

Ask a lot of questions about how you see yourself with the company.

Interview Questions
    • What is your idea of pay for this position?   View Answer