Frank, Rimerman +Co., LLP

Frank, Rimerman +Co., LLP Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Frank, Rimerman +Co., LLP.

Interview

Very laidback interview process, did not talk much about accounting, the firm wants to see if you will be a fit as an individual and they are looking for individuals that think outside the box as well as individual that are self driven. There is one on campus interview and then the office visit with a manager and partner.

Interview Questions

• No real questions, purely conversational, although some questions may arise from the conversation.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Frank, Rimerman +Co., LLP.

Interview

They recruited through my school, and I applied through the online system. The first interview was pretty easy, I was asked why I chose accounting and why I chose the school I was going to, then opened it up to questions for the remainder of the time. So come prepared with a lot of questions. The second round of interviews were also very conversational. They went through my resume and we talked about some of the jobs I had on there. One person asked me about any non-accounting classes I was taking.

Interview Questions

• The non-accounting class question was pretty unexpected   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Frank, Rimerman +Co., LLP in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was on campus. I was called in shortly after I arrived along with another candidate to talk to someone from the recruiting team before I the actual interview. She was nice and encouraged us to ask any questions we had before the interview. It brought my nervousness level down.
    A few minutes later, I was called for a one one one interview. The interviewer basically went through briefly who she is and what she did, then proceeded to ask me questions about why I chose the school, why accounting, and then went through my whole resume. She also asked me about whether I would be willing to work in the Bay Area, not in SF though.
    Then it was my turn to ask questions and she answered them really thoroughly. The company culture seems really open and they have a good work life balance. I was told that compared to Big 4, employees don't work as many hours and get paid more. Their clients are tech clients, venture capitalists, entrepreneurs- most of which they start with when the business starts up to when they become public.

Interview Questions

• She asked me what I liked to read during my free time. That was very unexpected, because I mostly just talked about other hobbies.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Frank, Rimerman +Co., LLP in October 2014.

Interview

1 on campus w/partner very conversational. then flew out to SanFran for in office interviews. Company was awesome, ppl at all levels were extremely laid back. No standard interview questions only a few about myself, mostly conversational. Overall a lot of face time with other staff.

In office one partner and one senior manager interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation, offer was close to Big4

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Frank, Rimerman +Co., LLP (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Was introduced to the firm from my university's accounting society and meet the firms event. Applied through my university's job portal.

Shortly after, I received a first round interview and was later invited to a second round interview in Palo Alto. I was flown to San Jose where I was picked up by some professionals and taken to dinner with the professionals and two other candidates. After dinner they dropped us off at a nice hotel. The next morning another professional picked us up and drove us to the Palo Alto office. Second round interviews consisted of an interview with a senior manager and a partner.

I received my internship offer in an email.

Interview Questions

• Nothing tricky. The interviewers only asked simple behavioral questions. If you can hold a professional conversation with them you'll do fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, the offer was very competitive and higher than my Big 4 friends'.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Frank, Rimerman +Co., LLP in October 2014.

Interview

I received an email for a skype interview with one of the recruiter. She asked mostly questions about school, why you chose that school, what are your goals and whether I was more interested in tax or audit. If I remember correctly, there were about 3 4 questions, then the rest of the time was used to ask the interviewer any questions you have. not really behaviorial questions. She didn't even ask tell me about yourself. Overall, she was very nice, but I failed after the first round. the second round would consist of going into the office.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Frank, Rimerman +Co., LLP in October 2014.

Interview

Found them through my university's career fair. Talked to several people from the company, gave them my resume and also sent in my application materials online. Had an interview a week later. Interviewer was very friendly and asked mostly behavioral questions. The interview itself was very conversational and it seemed they were just screening for personable people, as they have already seen your resume and see that you're qualified.

Accounting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Frank, Rimerman +Co., LLP (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I first interviewed on campus. It was a very relaxed interview with no technical questions. Afterwards I was invited to visit their Palo Alto Office for an interview. It was a beautiful office and the staff I interviewed with were extremely friendly and sharp.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Frank, Rimerman +Co., LLP.

Interview

The internship was posted on a college career services site. I submitted a resume and cover letter online. A team from that company came to campus for interviews. Prior to the formal interview, an associate took interviewees aside for casual conversations to get a feel for their personalities and communication skills. The formal interview was fairly laid-back, without any technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Do the majority of UC, Davis students leave Davis during breaks?   Answer Question

Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Frank, Rimerman +Co., LLP (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

I applied through my school's career portal. The company approved my resume, cover letter, and transcript and I received notification from the career portal that I had been selected for the on-campus interview.

The on-campus interview was stress-free. I was held in a waiting room with a second-year associate and made small talk until my interview began. Getting to know one of the employees before my interview helped to alleviate any nervousness I had going into the whole process. The actual interview began with the classic 'tell me about yourself' question and then a quick run-down of my resume. After that, I asked the questions I had prepared and we talked about company history and current operations, clients, and company culture/vision.

About a week later I received a email from the recruiter saying I had been selected for the on-site office interview. There were no problems scheduling my visit - the firm paid for all of my travel, lodging, and food expenses for the duration of my stay.

An associate picked me up from the airport, took me to dinner, and then dropped me off at the hotel. In the morning, I was shuttled to the office and interviewed with a senior manager. This interview was a little more formal than the on-campus interview with a few more behavioral questions. Still very conversational in nature.

I then went to lunch with two second-year associates and another candidate. After lunch I interviewed with a partner and this was the most formal interview, but still maintained a somewhat conversational tone. Nothing beyond behavioral questions and questions about my goals, interests, etc.

I received my offer via email in the terminal of my home airport.
    Overall a great experience!