Frank, Rimerman +Co., LLP

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.3

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Frank, Rimerman +Co., LLP (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Was introduced to the firm from my university's accounting society and meet the firms event. Applied through my university's job portal.

Shortly after, I received a first round interview and was later invited to a second round interview in Palo Alto. I was flown to San Jose where I was picked up by some professionals and taken to dinner with the professionals and two other candidates. After dinner they dropped us off at a nice hotel. The next morning another professional picked us up and drove us to the Palo Alto office. Second round interviews consisted of an interview with a senior manager and a partner.

I received my internship offer in an email.

Interview Questions

• Nothing tricky. The interviewers only asked simple behavioral questions. If you can hold a professional conversation with them you'll do fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, the offer was very competitive and higher than my Big 4 friends'.

Accounting Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Frank, Rimerman +Co., LLP (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I first interviewed on campus. It was a very relaxed interview with no technical questions. Afterwards I was invited to visit their Palo Alto Office for an interview. It was a beautiful office and the staff I interviewed with were extremely friendly and sharp.

Accounting Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Frank, Rimerman +Co., LLP (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

I applied through my school's career portal. The company approved my resume, cover letter, and transcript and I received notification from the career portal that I had been selected for the on-campus interview.

The on-campus interview was stress-free. I was held in a waiting room with a second-year associate and made small talk until my interview began. Getting to know one of the employees before my interview helped to alleviate any nervousness I had going into the whole process. The actual interview began with the classic 'tell me about yourself' question and then a quick run-down of my resume. After that, I asked the questions I had prepared and we talked about company history and current operations, clients, and company culture/vision.

About a week later I received a email from the recruiter saying I had been selected for the on-site office interview. There were no problems scheduling my visit - the firm paid for all of my travel, lodging, and food expenses for the duration of my stay.

An associate picked me up from the airport, took me to dinner, and then dropped me off at the hotel. In the morning, I was shuttled to the office and interviewed with a senior manager. This interview was a little more formal than the on-campus interview with a few more behavioral questions. Still very conversational in nature.

I then went to lunch with two second-year associates and another candidate. After lunch I interviewed with a partner and this was the most formal interview, but still maintained a somewhat conversational tone. Nothing beyond behavioral questions and questions about my goals, interests, etc.

I received my offer via email in the terminal of my home airport.
    Overall a great experience!

Accounting Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Frank, Rimerman +Co., LLP (San Jose, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

The interview process was very welcoming. It was conducted in their Palo Alto office which is beautiful. I was taken to a wonderful lunch with three employees who had been with the company for 3 years each.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Frank, Rimerman +Co., LLP (San Jose, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Basic 1:1 Interview, read over resume and asks behavioral questions

Accounting Associate Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Frank, Rimerman +Co., LLP (San Jose, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Interview was schedule with school career center though the economic department. Position was for accounting associate post graduation.
    -interview was schedule, at 10 am weekday morning.
    -2:1 interview
    -10 min
    Interview consist of introduction of the company and questions/answer formatt.
    Interviewer was very cheerful and talkative, however interview time was short. HR associate and manager was directing questions.
    2 particular questions:
    what course did you find the hardest?
    What did you gain from your past work experience that will help you on this job?

Interview overall was abit short, since most company does a 30min on campus us.
    I was told that they mass interviewed studens, running 4 interview rooms, at least 8 interviews per hours in very short sessions, no one I know received a offer, (1 students got a 2nd interview, no offer)

Interview Questions

• What class was most difficult for you?   1 Answer