Franklin American

Updated Nov 19, 2014

2.7

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Franklin American.

Three step interview process - passed then initial phone interview, then secondary tech phone interview. First caller contacted me again to set appointment for an in-house interview with another gentleman I spoke with on the second call. It's a five hour drive from my home outside of Tennessee.
    Showed up on time for the 3rd interview, no one seemed to be expecting me. The manager who was supposed to interview me was not there.

The two people who came up to speak with me asked why I was looking in Franklin, and I explained my partner was already working there, that we had a house, and I was trying to transition. At this point, one of them became somewhat more hostile and smirked repeatedly during the interview process. They seemed to have made their decision at that point, despite a cursory ten minutes of walking around the office, which by the way, seemed teeming with unhappy or bored people in cubeland - all dressed 80's style with formal office attire.

After leaving, driving back home I reflected how they'd not only wasted my time, but $50 in gas on my part for the effort. I think it this case, it was for the best that I was not called back a fourth time.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Franklin American.

Interviewed in person after a professional referral. They described the position as more administrative, but asked for my specific Microsoft Office skills. I showed them some test scores with Excel and Access. I was hired, but then it became obvious they wanted someone with more programming skills than anything else for that position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the changes to the industry regulations in the Dodd-Frank Act that you find most relevant.   Answer Question

Broker Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Franklin American in August 2014.

interviewed with two women at the same time.One woman was over the position (BSS) and then it was her boss. The women were very kind and friendly. They explained alot about the job and what they expected. They asked me alot of questions about myself. There were no tell me about a time... They said that I interview well. No offer was mad but they did recommend me to interview for another position in the company. The company prides its self on professionalism

Junior Java Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Franklin American.

Had a phone interview and an in-person interview. They asked me general top-level coding questions but didn't have me solve any puzzles or anything. It was pretty straight forward, no surprises really.

Interview Questions
    • The person on the phone interview opened up with "Tell me about yourself?" which turns out is rather difficult to answer on the spot cause it's like where do i begin   Answer Question

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Franklin American in June 2010.

A friend referred me. Interviewed with a recruiting agency first, then an Audit Team Lead. The interview was very basic - just questions about my resume. No behavioral questions.

Non-negotiable

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Franklin American in December 2009.

Both in-person interviews (1:1 and group) were very casual, over meals in crowded restaurants. This made it hard to focus and was also unprofessional. IT management are very young and inexperienced, but act like they know it all. Senior IT managers (VPs) have had just two jobs previous to FAMC, neither of which are corporate. If you want the job, look past senior IT management's inexperience, and be prepared to give detailed information about the projects you've worked on and your achievements. Most importantly, make it seem that you'll be happy working 50-60 hours a week on a regular basis, and are fine with late night outages at least once a month.

Data Entry Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Franklin American in April 2008.

I had a brief iterview with the manage for the department and then was asked to sit with one of the current employees to see if I would enjoy doing to work. I sat there and watched soeone work for almost 3 hours befor they came back to get me. y that time I was SURE I had no desire to work there,

Interview Questions
    • What has been your greatest achievenment in your professional career?   Answer Question