Franklin Covey Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Franklin Covey in January 2015.

Interview

THE WORST! Process took 2.5 months! NUMEROUS delays! TERRIBLE response time! Total disregard for my time. People don't answer emails or phone calls! Sent me to the wrong restaurant in an airport and then had me wait in an airport for 2.5 hours before the person came to interview me and to add insult to injury, SHE HAD NOT READ ANY OF THE INFORMATION I HAD PUT TOGETHER FOR HER! HIGHLY DYSFUNCTIONAL COMPANY CULTURE THAT (IN MY OPINION) PROMOTES APATHY! AWFUL!

Senior Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Franklin Covey.

Interview

Simple interview with tech lead and team manager, friendly guys. They asked basic questions, normal stuff like how soon can you start, what's your experience, what's your goals, etc etc

Interview Questions

• No brain teasers or anything, they just asked about experience   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was pretty laid back

Client Partner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Franklin Covey in May 2014.

Interview

One of the most disorganized processes I've ever been through. Internal recruiter left a message after I submitted my resume online. After repeated calls and emails I could not get a return call/email. The job was re-posted and I applied again. I then had a quick HR screening interview and was told the hiring manager would call. The hiring manager missed the second interview and didn't respond to my email following up to reschedule. HR contacted me to reschedule and the hiring manager was 30 minutes late for the interview. The hiring manager was not engaged in the conversation and seemed to be uninterested.

Inside Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Franklin Covey (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2014.

Interview

FranklinCovey has a long interview process, so don't be discouraged if it takes time. Once they decide they like you it moves really fast, but you may go through 3-4 interviews with a few different people before things start moving. They are looking for the right PEOPLE, not necessarily just the right skills - culture and desire to grow in the company are important. They aren't looking for temporary workers. I was internally promoted, so the process was a little quicker, but it does take a bit to get your foot in the door initially.

Interview Questions

• I was moving from a corporate job to the sales team. They had me call one of them and leave a message as I would were I inviting a client to an event - kind of like an audition. FC sells performance enhancement, and the best way to sell is via experiencing the content at one of our events, so a background in events is helpful.   Answer Question

Client Partner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Franklin Covey in August 2013.

Interview

Interviewed by phone by 3 employees, including the hiring manager, HR and potential peer. After a 2 hour in person interview, and confirming skill set was a good match, I could not get a closure response from the hiring manager. I felt the hiring manager could at least have responded by email when I followed up via email and left a voicemail.

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grandville, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Franklin Covey (Grandville, MI) in April 2011.

Interview

Filled out the online application. I was called right away. The whole process took less than a week. The manager was kind and asked thoughtful questions. I was informed about what to expect after the first in person interview. I thought that was nice.

Productivity Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Franklin Covey (Raleigh, NC) in July 2009.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call back 2 days later. Asked general questions about my resume, qualifications, past work experience, etc. Was asked to come in for a personal interview. Was offered the job after the interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Franklin Covey (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2007.

Interview

The Manager was very friendly, and the questions were standard interview questions you would expect- work ethics, organizational skills, ability to work with others etc. I got hired on the spot. The next day I came in to watch training videos then a few days later started working.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized?   1 Answer

Negotiation

n.a. No negotiation. Salary non-negotiable. If you are hired as a seasonal employee and decide to stay with the company for a longer term, make sure you get your status officially changed, otherwise you will continue working like I did without any of the benefits.

Business Development Interview

Interview

A very lenghty interview process with not so great experience , the current employees in the company are not so effecient with the kind of work culture , if you come from a reputed company and willing to accecpt their terms and conditions and can project yourself as humble and effecient you job is done.

Interview Questions

• Name three qualities you dont like but your former company ?   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Franklin Covey.

Interview

I was invited to do a video interview - this is suppose to be a benefit because you can do the interview on your own time schedule. It was obviously very one dimensional. If ever asked to do another, I will most likely decline. Received an email saying they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell the Franklin Covey product to a customer?   Answer Question