Franklin Electric

Updated Sep 3, 2014

Interviews for Top Jobs at Franklin Electric

Product Manager - Vertical Pumps Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bluffton, IN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Franklin Electric in February 2010.

There were three preliminary phone interviews, two with the hiring manager, then one with the HR Director. A plant visit, on my dime, was scheduled. Upon arrival, meeting with the hiring manager was OK, as the first hour was pretty much meet and greet, which was expected. From then on, I felt like I was dropped unexpectedly on employee after employee for the next five hours. The BIG meeting with the resident VP was not what anyone would mistake as pleasant or inviting. No focused objective questions were asked for at least an hour long interview. I guess he thought I looked like someone who owed him money.

Back to the hiring manager, who was a friendly, competent person anyone would be happy to work for. Unfortunately, he told me during our last 1/2 hour that he was on contract and leaving at the end of it! WOW! A day I will never get back.

Interview Questions

Control Box Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilburton, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilburton, OK

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Franklin Electric in February 2009.

I went through two interviews after filling out initial application. The interviews were conducted after a background check, drug screen, and physical. I also needed to provide a copy of my High School Transcript/Diploma. I was job hunting and a neighbor informed me that Franklin Electric was hiring. I went and filled out an application. After going through interviews I was hired to work on the control box assembly line, department 380. I was transferred to the paintline after 2 weeks.

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bluffton, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Franklin Electric in March 2008.

First phone contact was actual department VP, which was great that I wasn't being sold an unrealistic opportunity by an HR professional. After three evening calls and building dialog, I was asked to come in for a day long interview with executives, peers, direct reports, etc. Pretty normal schedule. Some executives were great, others seemingly disinterested with the hiring process. Left the day unsure how I would address any offer, but after two weeks, I received the "We are looking at other internal candidates" voice mail message.

Interview Questions
    • What would I do to grow their business? Hard to know what the weaknesses in their product, process or sales channels were, since I was on the outside looking in.   View Answer