Franklin Templeton Investments

2.9

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Portfolio Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Franklin Templeton Investments.

Good..make sure to ask detailed questions from the interviewer and know why you want the position. Every department is different so make sure you like the supervisor that you will probably be working under.

through a staffing company and the recruiter was dishonest

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Franklin Templeton Investments in April 2014.

I applied as an internal candidate. The job posted for 2 weeks, and wasn't broadcast by HR, I had to be proactive in looking for it. As an internal candidate, I automatically received a face to face HR interview (which was scheduled about 1 week after the application process closed). I received a call back from HR about 2 weeks later to invite me to a panel interview and it was scheduled a couple weeks later. It's a 3 hour interview process consisting of a 3 person interview, a writing sample, and a lunch with the current Future Associates. After the offer was extended, it was a 2 month period before the position actually started.

Interview Questions
    • - When were you a leader on a team? What was the teams overall goal? How did you lead the team to that goal?...... Describe your leadership style?...... What aspect of leadership can you improve upon?
      - What have you learned from college?
      - What do you have over the other candidates?

Answer Question
    I did not try to negotiate, but I do believe that it's non-negotiable.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Franklin Templeton Investments in August 2013.

Management gives plenty of mock interviews to prepare you

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you had to get someone to listen to your ideas   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Entry level

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Franklin Templeton Investments in July 2012.

Applied online and had a phone interview with HR that lasted 20 minutes. It seemed like they were looking more for general call-center agents versus someone who has a financial background. Phone interview questions were easy; basic HR personality questions. Focus on call-center experience, not knowledge of the industry.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you most qualified for this position? Tell me about yourself? Name a time you had to deal with an upset customer...   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Franklin Templeton Investments in December 2010.

First there's a 30 minute phone interview with HR, and then if you're invited back for the face to face interview you need to go through a typing test and a written test which last about an hour. Immediately after the typing and written tests is the panel interview. The interviewers are 2 of the supervisors in the department. They ask about 8-10 questions and are writing them down the entire time you are talking, which makes it a little less stressful since they are not just staring at you the entire time you're talking. The questions are NOT traditional, but behavioral and they want answers in the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action, Result)

Interview Questions
    • They were all pretty standard questions. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, everyone gets the same starting pay.

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Franklin Templeton Investments in November 2010.

First off, it is super hard to even get an interview. I finally was able to get to the interview process once a former co-worker was hired on to the specific division I was looking at. I have interviewed for three separate positions and from my experience it seems that they are very reluctant to hire anyone from the outside. It was suggested to me for two of the three positions that I start lower and put my time in before moving into a more senior role. The role that they recommended me moving into is very similar to the one I have been doing at a competitor for about 3 years.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Franklin Templeton?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Franklin Templeton Investments in March 2010.

Sleepy office, positions available WIDELY by office location. Process was overly long, with very few positions available. After interviewing many candidates in and outside the company, they only had one position available and gave it to someone who had been there 2 or 3 years. No reimbursement for travel expenses either. Interview questions were generic, and the process ended up being a waste of time for most everyone involved. Would not have accepted an offer regardless.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had an ethical dilemma   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you had to give and a time you received constructive criticism.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Franklin Templeton Investments in December 2009.

Process was slow. Took several weeks to schedule interview. Interview was all behavioral and experience based.

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied through other source – interviewed at Franklin Templeton Investments in December 2009.

Saw an ad in the paper. Went to an informational session after after work. Interviewed after the session. Went into the ofc within the next few days and shadowed someone on the phone for 1 hr. Met again with the interviewer and expressed my interest. Got a phone call a few days later with job offer.

Interview Questions
    I tried to negotiate and they told me it was no possible. After I had been there for 6 months someone left and I was reassiged to his work space. When cleaning out his desk I found a piece of paper that showed he had received a sign on bonus. My qualifications were better than his, so was wasn't very happy to learn this.