Franklin University

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Franklin University

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Franklin University in October 2010.

Was satisfied with interview process and speed. Initial interviewer was very nice. Her first question was about my knowledge of the university, and was looking for whether I'd done my research or not. We discussed my background some, the benefits and the university in general. After the interview, I had to take a computer skills test. The second interview was with several members that the position would be supporting. The group had excellent questions, and I was able to engage with them on an intellectual level. There was a third, and final, interview with a final member I would be supporting.

My advice to other would be to research the university first (which should be a given). Identify current trends in the university's growth/focus and consider how your position might support this vision. Remember, Franklin is not a research institute, and runs more like a business. They are concerned first and foremost with how to reach more students (nationally and internationally).

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Franklin University?   View Answer
    I did not feel there was any space for negotiation. All around, I felt the strong benefits package helped compensate for the lack of negotiation.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Franklin University in October 2009.

Simple and efficient. One interviewer who asked relevant questions about relevant experience and future goals.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Franklin University in September 2009.

Not a long interview process. Initial interview is with a Human Resource recruiter. It is close to a 30 minute interview that included personality based questions and questions about experience. In this interview there were some scenario based questions that is specific to the job. So be prepared to know the description of the job inside and out. The second interview will typically be with what would be your reporting manger. Again the questions will circle around personality, experience and scenarios. They also look if you are going to be a good fit with the team. So you will branch off to another interview with some of your counterparts. They will ask you questions on how you would handle certain scenarios and also look to see if you are a good fit with the group.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us how you would handle a faculty member from a Community College that is upset with Franklin?   Answer Question
    They made the offer with no room for negotiation.

Work Study Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Franklin University in July 2009.

I applied online and although my resume had my phone number on it, I received an email four months after applying asking me to call to set up an interview. I was very surprised when I called back and the HR person said she needed my phone number...
    I went to the interview and the HR person interviewing me had a nose ring. That is literally all I remember about the interview. I was staring at her nose ring the WHOLE time wondering if I wanted to work for a company that had such a lack of professionalism to allow a job interviewer to wear a nose ring while interviewing potential candidates.
    I needed a job so I sucked up my distaste for the interviewer's nose piercing and took the job.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate and I needed a job.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Franklin University in June 2009.

I happened to know someone who knows someone. I inquired about the job, interviewed and voila. I guess there aren't that many people willing to teach this particular subject...

Interview Questions
    There was none. They said, we pay $X per class and that was it. I actually get paid less that the quoted figure. If there are some kind of step raises involved to reach $X per class, it is not communicated at all and you never see a pay stub...