Franz Family Bakery

2.8

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Franz Family Bakery in February 2015.

In depth tour of the facility and equipment. Hair nets and ear plugs are provided. Math test and interview followed directly after. The process was conducted by 3 managers and HR. After tour of facility, HR manager oversaw math quiz with no use of any aids during test. Interview followed directly after with 2 managers in back office room.

Interview Questions
    • What former experience has trained you to be effective in this position? And how do you do in a faced paced environment?   Answer Question
    • What would your current employer say about you if asked?   Answer Question
    • How is your attendance and tardiness record?   Answer Question
    • What shifts are you willing to work? And if not why?   Answer Question
    • Name something unsafe you have seen in the workplace and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Shipping Checker Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Franz Family Bakery.

Hr called and set up interview. Week later I went in for interview and it was with two people. Asked basic questions amd nothing tricky. Interviewers were friendly and answered all questions I had.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult problem you have dealt with in a day of work.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, set wages.

Human Resources Assistant/Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Franz Family Bakery in June 2014.

Very professional, organized process. I have had many interviews in my career and have never walked out feeling so good about the process as I did at Franz. Even though I did not get offered the position I have a positive feeling about the company. If the candidate they chose did not work out and they called me I would be happy to accept the position.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions, very easy interview.   Answer Question

Sanitor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Franz Family Bakery in May 2013.

One interview. Simple questions about my past work experience. There was a drug test and physical checkup on my first day of work. I had to take another surprise drug test a month or two later but they didn't send in again after that.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Union position on set pay grade.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I applied in-person – interviewed at Franz Family Bakery in April 2013.

Found a job listing online, went to the main office to fill out a paper application as the listing instructed, then got a call the next week even though I was told it would take two to three weeks. I went to the depot where I was to be interviewed, waited for the two customers in front of me to finish, and had the cashier lead me to the office in the back. I was told it would be more like a casual conversation but it was definitely a typical interview. My interview was on a Friday. I was told that I would hear from them by the end of the next week if I got the job.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Franz Family Bakery in April 2012.

Interview with depot manager on one day. Then you have to make a trip to the Seattle office and tour the bakery, watch videos, and do paperwork. Then drive to a little clinic in Lynnwood or somewhere where you do a physical ability test (super simple) and give a urine sample.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. Union sets the starting wage at 14.60 for Merchers, with full benefits if you go over 80/hrs a month.

Route Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Franz Family Bakery.

Application and interview process was a little difficult - all hiring is officially handled through the state employment agency who told me I wasn't qualified and sent me away. I contacted the sales supervisor through the salesman who serviced where I was working before and was allowed to fill out an application. Interview process was pretty standard.