Fraunhofer Gesellschaft

  www.fraunhofer.de
  www.fraunhofer.de

Fraunhofer Gesellschaft Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014
15 Interview Reviews

Interview Experience

Interview Experience

61%
38%
0%

Getting an Interview

Getting an Interview

73%
10%
10%

Interview Difficulty

2.2
Average

Interview Difficulty

Hard

Average

Easy

Candidate Interview Reviews

Sort: Popular Date Difficulty
  1.  

    Working Student Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate
    Anonymous Interview Candidate
    Application Details

    I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fraunhofer Gesellschaft.

    Interview Details

    no technical questions, basic questions about my education, university, what do I want to do and stuff like this. the whole interview was really quick, I got a good feeling

    Interview Questions
    Negotiation Details
    No negotiation
    Accepted Offer
  2.  

    Senior Scientist Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate
    Anonymous Interview Candidate
    Application Details

    I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fraunhofer Gesellschaft.

    Interview Details

    Striatforward!! No technical questions!! Based on your Director's instinct.!! They will check if you can make profit and do sales!!

    Interview Questions
    Negotiation Details
    It is a standard Public salary so no negotiation!!1
    Accepted Offer
    Positive Experience
    Easy Interview
  3.  

    Research Intern Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich (Germany)

    (Translated from English)

    Application Details

    I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fraunhofer Gesellschaft.

    Interview Details

    Ich hatte meinen Lebenslauf eingeschickt, woraufhin ein kurzes telefonisches Bewerbungsgespräch folgte. Danach bot man mir die Praktikumsstelle an.

    I had just submited my CV and I had a short phone interview after which I was offered the internship.

    Interview Questions
    • Es wurden sehr allgemeine Fragen gestellt, außerdem wurde gefragt, ob ich eine Arbeitserlaubnis in Deutschland habe.   very general questions and yeah there was a question of my visa status to work in Germany   Answer Question
    Negotiation Details
    Keine Verhandlungen.
    Accepted Offer
    Positive Experience
    Easy Interview
  4. Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review


  5.  

    Working Student Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bonn (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bonn (Germany)

    (Translated from English)

    Application Details

    I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fraunhofer Gesellschaft.

    Interview Details

    Hatte ein technisches Interview vor Ort. Wurde gebeten ein Projekt aus meinem Lebenslauf zu besprechen. Da es ein verwandtes Feld war, gab es viele in die Tiefe gehende Nachfolgefragen.

    Had one on-site technical interview. was asked to discuss a project from my CV. Since it was a related field, there were a lot of in depth follow up questions.

    Interview Questions
    • Mir wurde eine hoch technische Frage in einem verwandten aber neuen Bereich gestellt, um den Bereich zu betrachten. Musste eine Lösung von Ansatz bis Implementierung (in einem neuen Bereich) erklären.   I was asked a high level technical question in a related, but new domain to see domain. Had to walk through a solution from approach to implementation (In a new domain)   Answer Question
    Accepted Offer
  6.  

    Intern Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate
    Anonymous Interview Candidate
    Application Details

    I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fraunhofer Gesellschaft.

    Interview Details

    There was a phone interview and surprisingly it wasn't technical. Though we talked a bit about tech stuff but I don't consider it technical.

    I mentioned few live projects in my Resume and transcripts. At the end of the phone interview, the interviewer asked me to email the project's source code!

    Accepted Offer
    Positive Experience
    Easy Interview
  7.  

    Analog Design Intern Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erlangen (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erlangen (Germany)

    (Translated from English)

    Application Details

    The process took a dayinterviewed at Fraunhofer Gesellschaft in February 2012.

    Interview Details

    Ich bewarb mich online und wurde durch deren Personalabteilung kontaktiert, die mich um gescannte Kopien aller meiner Dokumente, Zeugnisse usw. bat. Dann wurde mir gesagt, dass ich bei Eignung für ein telefonisches Interview kontaktiert werden würde. Nach zwei Wochen fragten sie in einer E-Mail nach meiner Verfügbarkeit für ein telefonisches Interview. Sie riefen pünklich an und waren sehr entspannt. Im Grunde begannen sie mit einem „Erzählen Sie von sich“ und gingen dann zum Lebenslauf über. Ich hatte den Eindruck, dass sie sich sogar schon vor dem Interview für mich entschieden hatten und dieses bloß eine Formalität sei.

    I applied online and I was contacted by their HR department asking for scanned copies of all my documents, gradesheets etc. Then I was told I would be contacted for a phone interview if they find me suitable. After 2 weeks I got an e-mail asking my availability for a phone interview. They called on time and were very cool. They basically started with tell me about yourself and then on my resume. I felt they decided to offer me the position even before they interviewed and the interview sounded just like a formality.

    Interview Questions
    Negotiation Details
    Keine Verhandlungen. Ich vermute, dass sie für alle Positionen feste Angebote haben.
    Accepted Offer
    Positive Experience
    Easy Interview
  8.  

    Senior Researcher Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Porto, Oporto (Portugal)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Porto, Oporto (Portugal)
    Application Details

    I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fraunhofer Gesellschaft in January 2012.

    Interview Details

    When I discovered the opening for a senior researcher, I immediately called up Fraunhofer AICOS to know about the salary range and to find out if it would make sense to spend time collecting all the information that required and writing up an application. They were very friendly and although I they didn't give me any exact figures, I got some rough numbers (relatively attractive salary) and decided to move forward.

    The requirements for the position where quite high: PhD, experience from industry -- preferably in research oriented projects, team management experience and project management experience. On top of that two letters of recommendation were necessary. I compiled everything and sent my application. I got a confirmation three days later and I was called for an interview a couple of weeks later.

    I was interviewed by the R&D group leader and by a senior researcher. The interview was relatively informal and took around 90 minutes. For the first 15 minutes, a short presentation of Fraunhofer was made (nothing new for anyone who has done their research before attending the interview) and then I was asked to describe myself and my experience. A discussion on technology and potential markets for their research followed.

    I was informed that they were in fact hiring four people and that it would be a two-step process. A second interview would take place with the director of the center during the coming week. Towards the end of the interview, I was also informed, much to my surprise, that anyone hired would not get a regular contract to start off with. Instead, Fraunhofer required that new hires accepted a post doctoral grant (it is much cheaper for the institute to hire staff that way because no social security is paid and they have no obligations if they would choose to terminate the contract) for six months and only afterwards would they offer contracts to the candidates that receive positive evaluations. Thus, candidates would need to accept a much lower salary and zero benefits for the first six month without any guarantee of a contract afterwards. Not something that I wanted to leave my current, stable job and relocate for!

    The place seems nice. The people seem friendly. However, if you apply for a position as a senior researcher, be prepared to accept what essentially is an internship before being hired on a regular employment contract. I wish that Fraunhofer AICOS had been more open about that practice. It would have saved me the time it took to compile all the documents necessary for the application and the day-trip to their facilities.

    Interview Questions
    • What industrial partners would you approach in order to increase sales of our services?   Answer Question
    Reasons for Declining

    The conditions turned out to be different from those advertised and unattractive.

    Declined Offer
    Neutral Experience
    Easy Interview
  9.  

    Researcher Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate
    Anonymous Interview Candidate
    Application Details

    I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fraunhofer Gesellschaft in December 2011.

    Interview Details

    initial contact by personal contact, 3 interviews, discuss general terms, discuss salery, finalize contract

    Interview Questions
    Accepted Offer
    Positive Experience
    Average Interview
  10.  

    Research Assistant Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sankt Augustin (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sankt Augustin (Germany)
    Application Details

    I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Fraunhofer Gesellschaft in April 2011.

    Interview Details

    Advertisement is posted on social networks sites or in scientific journals.Please send in your resume which are filtered after the date of application is over.Later on potential candidates are called in for interview and here again candidates are further filtered and screened. in total for 20 interview calls 4 are finally selected candidates.

    Interview Questions
    Accepted Offer
    Neutral Experience
    Difficult Interview
  11.  

    Forscher Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Karlsruhe, Baden-Württemberg (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Karlsruhe, Baden-Württemberg (Germany)

    (Translated from English)

    Application Details

    I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fraunhofer Gesellschaft in November 2010.

    Interview Details

    Einzelnes Interview mit Abteilungs- und Teamleiter. Keine wirklich technischen Fragen.

    Im Nachhinein sage ich, dass Leute nach Gefühl und Sympathie eingestellt werden.

    Single interview with head of department and team leader. No really technical questions.

    In hindsight, people are hired based on gut feeling and sympathy.

    Interview Questions
    • Keine schweren oder unerwarteten Fragen. Nur ein paar Fragen zu meinem Hintergrund und zu meinen Fähigkeiten. Programmierkenntnisse oder analytische Fähigkeiten wurden nicht getestet.   No hard or unexpected question. Just some questions about my background and my skills. Programming skills or analytical skills were not tested.   Answer Question
    Accepted Offer
    Neutral Experience
    Easy Interview

Work at Fraunhofer Gesellschaft? Share Your Experiences

Fraunhofer Gesellschaft

 
Click to Rate
or

The difficulty rating is the average interview difficulty rating across all interview candidates.

The interview experience is the percentage of all interview candidates that said their interview experience was positive, neutral, or negative.

Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.