Fred Alger

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Fred Alger.

Interview Details – First round interview was conducted on my school campus. It was two-on-one and there was a case--which took me by surprise. Second round interview was conducted on-site with multiple interviewers, this time I knew what to expect and was able to more confidently present myself. Overall my interview experience was positive.

Interview Question – the case interview, which asked me to value how much a company was worth   Answer Question

Winter Research Intern Interview

Winter Research Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Fred Alger in October 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume and cover letter through my college's career service website. Heard about a week and a half later that I was granted an on-campus interview. The interview was with an alum who now works at the firm. The whole process took about 30-45 minutes. He asked a few basic, tell me about yourself, why Fred Alger, type questions. Then we went through a case in which I had to figure out whether a medical device company was valued correctly by the market. It was my first time ever doing any sort of case, so it went alright but not great.

Interview Question – Just the case. I would suggest going through a few example companies and valuing them without using the stock market as an indicator.   Answer Question

Research Interview

Research
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Fred Alger in March 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed three times in person with FA in their offices in NYC, meeting six-seven people on their team, including several PMs. The interviews went okay, good connection and chemistry. I would love to work with some of the people there, but there were also some that I would not enjoy working with them. It seemed some of the most senior people want to control every aspect of the operations at the firm, while also being out the office and not wanting to be disturbed (taking long vacations and golf outings).

Pretty much, they couldn't come to a decision two weeks after I had the last round, so I called it off.

Interview Questions

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Research Interview

Research
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fred Alger in May 2010.

Interview Details – Met with numerous members of the team, from the junior to the most senior. The interviews went well (basic questions: what do you expect to get out of this job, why are you interested in this job, why are you looking for a different job, take this test, what's your current comp, comp expectations, etc). I would say that the communication on FA's part was average, slow, they couldn't give answers about the next steps, when what to expect, etc. I think it just fizzled away. It seemed they need to have too many people check off on even a junior hire, which made me wonder: if the hiring is like this, what's the internal decision making process like? Seemed very bureaucratic.

Interview Question – Took a character test.   View Answer

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Fred Alger.

Interview Details – Campus interview at target school, nearly all behavioral questions except when I explain the research report I did before, I caused some questions from the interviewers

Interview Question – What kind of person are you in your friends' eye?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Fred Alger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fred Alger interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fred Alger employees and interview candidates.