Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

Updated Dec 5, 2014

1.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Administration Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.

The process started with a phone screening from a recruiter. An in-person interview followed a week later. The interview was supposed to be an hour long and divided into two sections: 30 minutes with someone in HR and 30 minutes with two other staff members. The first part of the interview was normal; however, the second portion was a bizarre experience. One of the interviewers completely dominated conversation, talked about herself incessantly and neglected to ask me any questions. Her colleague was obviously embarrassed and tried to subtly redirect the interview back to me. After that was unsuccessful, she actually checked out of the interview "because she had to go home". Long story short, I was there for another hour and a half, subjected to this woman's stories which ran the gamut of political views on reproductive rights to inappropriate office gossip. I was uncomfortable but didn't know how to end the madness without jeopardizing my chances. The interview ended but not before she revealed another very personal tidbit about herself. I walked back to my car in complete disbelief. Unfortunately, a month has gone by and I never heard from them but my application is still in consideration, according to the website.

Other Interview Reviews for Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in February 2012.

The phone interview lasted for 30 minutes. The in person interview lasted for about 15 minutes. HR asked two very broad questions that did not allow me to go into detail about my work experiences. It seemed like they had a candidate already in mind because I felt rushed. Apply here if you want to waste your time. A better recruiting and interviewing process needs to be implemented in HR. This was the worst interview experience ever.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in February 2011.

They were very respectful, informative and straight forward. I very much enjoyed meeting their HR/Recruiting staff, as well as the team members. They have a very nice campus and benefits-- I think anyone would be lucky to work there. I did turn them down, but will potentially apply there again in the future if I am job hunting again.

Interview Questions
    • Do you understand statistical language   View Answer

Financial offer from another organization was more money.