Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2015

2.6

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phonecall from HR recruiter 1 week after I applied, with basic interview questions and my availability for in person interviews. Two weeks later, I had an in person interview with the Program Director and another PM. They gave an overview of their program for about 15 minutes, and then had questions for about 30 minutes. Overall they were polite, but didn't seem to be interested in my responses to their questions. Seemed like they were trying to scare me with how complicated the position was (I've been in Clinical Research for over 15 years), and it seems like an odd approach at an interview.

Interview Questions

The group didn't seem like they communicate well. For me, who I work with is almost as important as what I am doing.

Quality Assurance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Five weeks after I applied online, I received an email invitation for a phone interview. I interviewed with a person from HR and he asked me really basic questions about how my qualifications fit the requirements listed in the job description. He sounded really positive and told me he would call me in 3 days to set up another interview with the department heads. I never heard from him again. I emailed him once, maybe a week later, just to check in and see if he wanted to set something up. Nothing.

Staff Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.

Interview

phone interview first and then on-site interview. Overall it's not very hard, but still need to prepare it. should be very familier to what you have written in the cv.

Research Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online through their website. One of their recruiters contacted me by phone about a week later. She asked me a few questions about my background and told me someone else would call me to set up an interview time. The other recruiter called me the next day to schedule my interview. At Fred Hutch, I met with the PI of the lab. He asked me a few questions about my background, then showed me around the lab and introduced me to everyone working there. The whole thing took less than an hour.

Statistical Research Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

Met with lead scientist, then small groups of the rest of then lab starting with upper management down to research associates I would be closely working with. I was from out of town, so I met with everyone in one day, which was nice instead of having to drive back and forth multiple times. Usually there is a longer interview process and you don;t have to meet everyone in one day.

Interview Questions

• They asked mostly about the research work I had done and my experiences.   Answer Question

Administration Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.

Interview

The process started with a phone screening from a recruiter. An in-person interview followed a week later. The interview was supposed to be an hour long and divided into two sections: 30 minutes with someone in HR and 30 minutes with two other staff members. The first part of the interview was normal; however, the second portion was a bizarre experience. One of the interviewers completely dominated conversation, talked about herself incessantly and neglected to ask me any questions. Her colleague was obviously embarrassed and tried to subtly redirect the interview back to me. After that was unsuccessful, she actually checked out of the interview "because she had to go home". Long story short, I was there for another hour and a half, subjected to this woman's stories which ran the gamut of political views on reproductive rights to inappropriate office gossip. I was uncomfortable but didn't know how to end the madness without jeopardizing my chances. The interview ended but not before she revealed another very personal tidbit about herself. I walked back to my car in complete disbelief. Unfortunately, a month has gone by and I never heard from them but my application is still in consideration, according to the website.

Animal Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.

Interview

They called about a month after application. Interview with HR lasted about an hour. I then scheduled interview with Dept Head about a week later. Started work a couple days after that. Everything seemed organized and that if they call you for an interview you will get hired unless you mess up terribly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Set Salary.

Recruiter Interview

Interview

Phone Interview > Team Interview > Direct Supervisor Interview. The phone interview was 30-45 minutes. The interviewers reviewed my work history and background as well as gave me a realistic job preview. The team interview was a lot of fun because it gave both me and the group I would be working with a chance to meet and interact with each other before I became a member of the organization. The interview with the direct supervisor followed and it was a continuation of the group interview but a bit more in depth.

Interview Questions

• (Just one example). Tell me about a hiring challenge that you faced and how you overcame it. What did you learn that you could apply in the future?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a very fair process. The organization makes every effort to make the best offer the first time.

Operations Manager Interview

Interview

normal and I can't recall since it was 25 years ago, It was brief and not very many questions You say these are optional questions but you are forcing people to put something down so please don't say these are optional questions

Lab Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied online and did not hear back for a few weeks. Followed up by e-mail to lab coordinator. Scheduled phone interview a month after applying online. Asked basic questions: "post-graduation plans? Long-term goals? Why our lab?" Was then asked to come in for an in-person interview. Was greeted by the coordinator who interviewed me for half an hour then interviewed by two other lab technicians who are currently working in the lab. Very friendly and inviting. Asked lots of questions regarding scenarios that can occur in the lab, calculating concentrations, etc.

Interview Questions

• Calculating molarity or specific lab preparation questions: "If you have a stock concentration of X M...etc."   Answer Question