Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Staff Scientist Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015

Staff Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.

Interview

phone interview first and then on-site interview. Overall it's not very hard, but still need to prepare it. should be very familier to what you have written in the cv.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in July 2010.

Interview

GENERALL PEOPLE ARE NICE HERE. but they will know what they wnat. pretty competitive environment here. not very generous in terms of payment of the interview expense. much less generous than industry. good communication skill are required to achieve an offer. beatiful view and life condition here. about 2000 employees here and so many asian chinese scientist around the center. biology, and statitician are most favoriable postion in htis center

Staff Scientist Interview

Interview

I replied to a posted advertisement via email. About 2 weeks latter I received an email request for a phone interview with a member of the HR staff. This interview covered my qualifications, experience and ability to collaborate with, and manage others. It lasted about 20 minutes. A few days after this a second telephone interview was organized with the research team. This lasted about 40 minutes with a lot of questions on my educational and work history as well as specific questions about my current research. A week latter I was invited for a face-to-face interview with faculty and team members. This included presenting my current research as an open lecture to the center. I received an offer about 2 weeks latter.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you are adequately trained for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I argued for additional salary and based this on the need to move forward with my career. I got the salary I was after.