Fred Meyer

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Vancouver, WA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fred Meyer in October 2011.

Interview Details – Fred Meyer is a wonderful place to work. Although if you do not know anyone that works here it is very hard. You must follow up repeatedly to HR in order to get a response for an interview.

Interview Question – How much compensation are looking to get?   View Answer

Renton, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fred Meyer in June 2008.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, the human resource manager and the department manager.
-Work experience
-Team experience
-Where you went to school
-If you have any felonies
-Drug Test
-Questionnaire

Interview Question – What is the most acceptable amount of time to be late to work?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – We'd like to offer you the job if you pass this drug test.

Beaverton, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fred Meyer in August 2011.

Interview Details – After applying, I recieved a phone call from the very, very nice HR manager and was asked to come in for an interview. This interview was 1:1 and took place in her office. She asked me maybe two interview questions that she recorded, but the rest seemed to be general questions. After that, she had me read the job desrciption and sign that I read and understood the job requirements.

The second interview was with the department manager. This 1:1 interview took place in another room in the building where I was again asked maybe two questions. She then offered me the chance to ask questions, and gave great answers to all of them. Once offered a job, I was redirected to the HR manager, who gave me a drug test via a cotton swab in the mouth.

After the drug test results and background check went through, I was given dates for orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Pay is definitely negotiable. I was asked several times what my expected wage is. I asked what the average pay was and was given good information (anywhere from 9-12/hr on average, doe). I was even given more than I asked for. I think this would apply to any position and any interview.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fred Meyer

Worked for Fred Meyer? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fred Meyer Apparel Clerk interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fred Meyer employees and interview candidates.