Fred Meyer CCK Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2015

2.0

CCK Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fred Meyer.

Interview

I applied online on June 21 and was called in for an interview June 30. HR asked me a few questions over the phone and were mostly related to customer service and how I demonstrated some key characteristics in the workplace. I went in for my interview a few days later. The atmosphere was very relaxed and friendly. One person interviewed me while another watched. They asked the basic questions first, like availability and what my expectations for wages were. Then I was asked some more difficult questions, like what was risky behavior, if I would be comfortable taking risks, how I would handle a risky situation, if it was OK for someone to get angry at work. Just a lot of behavioral questions used to get a better understanding of the applicant. At the end of the interview I was told I'd be called by the end of the week if I was hired. Sure enough, I got a call the very next day and was offered a job. The next part involved me going in for paperwork and taking a drug test - that's it. Very typical experience. It wasn't stressful; they look for people who are confident and friendly. Make a lot of eye contact and smile and you'll probably be hired.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability? What is your definition of customer service? What is risky behavior? Would you ever be comfortable taking a risk? What if someone insisted on taking a risk? What did you like about your first job? Dislike? How would you handle an angry customer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fred Meyer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Fred Meyer (Portland, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a couple days later I received a call from an HR department and answered a few questions and they scheduled me for an in person interview the next day. The interview was with one manager and we talked about my job history and availability. It was very relaxed and friendly. I completed the mouth swab drug test and as soon as they hear back about that test and my background check, I have the job!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fred Meyer (Portland, OR) in September 2014.

Interview

Group interview with four other people. Took turns answering the same questions. It was extremely simple and their standards are not high. I didn't bother bringing in a resume or cover letter. Just look them in the eyes and be confident.

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Fred Meyer (Vancouver, WA) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was 2 separate interviews, the first with a group of four others. Questions were basic, what is work ethic, describe your wok ethic in 3 words, why do you want to work for the company, what do you want to get out of your employment with Fred Meyer. The second interview was with the manager and asked the same basic questions. The third visit was for a drug test, pretty simple process. Took a few weeks from the first interview until the drug test

Interview Questions

• How would you turn a negative experience into a positive experience?   Answer Question

The top pay for a cashier is $15.10 an hour, I make more than that at my current job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Fred Meyer (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

I applied online to the Tigard, OR store and received no reply. A couple of weeks later the Beaverton, OR store (#035) called me to see if I would be interested in interviewing for a position there. I interview with the HR representative for about a half hour, during which she asked pretty standard retail and customer service related questions with a couple of Fred Meyer centered ones thrown in for good measure.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any left fielders, but that was back in the Fall of 2009 so I can't be certain.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As I was walking through the parking lot to my waiting ride home, my phone rang. It was the HR rep offering me the position with a starting pay rate of $8.50 per hour, which at that time $0.50 above the minimum wage. She asked me if I would come back inside to take a quick mouth-swab drug test. I was introduced to the department manager, given a short tour of the department, and even a few of the employees. That all happened on the dame day without my having any customer service or cashiering experience whatsoever. I'm quite sure that that's pretty unusual and most likely wouldn't happen again, but it goes to show that if you're a polite, intelligent, and confident person you can get a job with the company pretty quick.

CCK Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Fred Meyer.

Interview

She asked questions and then told me she'd get ahold of me in a few days

Interview Questions

• What's the best customer service experience you've had?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fred Meyer (Spokane, WA) in June 2013.

Interview

Takes many weeks for them to call you back. There are at least 20 people a day that apply. So make sure to call them so you can get your name on there list to call you. You apply online before they call and complete an assessment. When you go in, you are interviews first by the HR, and them by the department manager. A lot of times if you make it to the department manager you will get hired. Good Luck!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you would be a good candidate for this position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. You take what they offer which is based off experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coeur d'Alene, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Fred Meyer (Coeur d'Alene, ID) in April 2012.

Interview

Attire for interview didn't have to be a suit or anything fancy. I wore a pair of nice jeans and a button up shirt to the interview. I was asked a few basic questions and was asked to look over the job description. I was also asked about my old jobs. I was asked to take a drug test right then and was then hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation involved.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagle River, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fred Meyer (Eagle River, AK) in October 2011.

Interview

There is 2 interviews, one with HR and one with immediate manager in the department you will be working for. You will then be sent for a drug test. After all that is done the HR will call you back to set up your training. It is possible you will train at a different store as they rotate turns. Training is one week.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected about the questions during interview process. Pretty standard stuff for any retail store. Name a time you went out of your way to exceed a customer's expectations? What do you enjoy most working with people? etc..   Answer Question

Negotiation

The wage is pretty straightforward. They base it on experience and offer you an amount. I took it as I was only part-time and going to school full time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richland, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Fred Meyer (Richland, WA) in November 2010.

Interview

Process was pretty straight forward. They wanted to see some effort so they interviewed anyone that actually called to check on their application. Interview went great because I did some background on the company to get a general idea of what kind of questions they were going to ask. Lady their was pretty understanding of my lack of job experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe your definition of customer service.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was part-time.