Fred Meyer

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Fred Meyer in January 2014.

Interview Details – very unprofessional, they asked me lots of questions, just wanter to ask something but I KNEW that they already picked someone, someone with a great referral! Such a waste of time!

Interview Question – why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Beaverton, OR

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Fred Meyer.

Interview Details – I filled out an online application at Worksource Oregon at PCC computer use for jobs center. It was not a very long or complicated process, until you reached the personality section which resembled the one McDonald's uses on their online application. It is more of a psychology test than a job application, which was interesting. They don't request references or a very detailed work or education history, but they do want addresses for the past five or ten years which led me to believe was for credit reference check purposes, as indeed it turned out to be when I had an initial interview with Shelley in the Beaverton HR a few days later and she had me double check the info I had entered in the online application. After I received a postcard saying I had not been passed through to the next interview with a manager to continue the hiring process I ordered and looked at all three of my credit reports online (for free) from Experian, Equifax, and Trans-Union companies. I believe I may have incorrectly made a statement about my student loan status and that information made it appear as if I was being untruthful which could have caused the lack of hire. I am sure there are many other possible reasons as well. I am very sincerely an honest person, and I think it is very confusing to hear about people who lie or bend the truth on resumes and applications or in interviews and then get jobs that you didn't. ON the OTHER hand, I could use A LOT more interview practice, and more confidence in myself.

Interview Question – What did you like least about your last job?   View Answer

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fred Meyer.

Interview Details – the interview was a pretty general one. what is your greatest weakness, why should we hire you, ect.

Interview Question – how much do you wish to be pay.   Answer Question

Anchorage, AK

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Fred Meyer in October 2013.

Interview Details – Had 2 interviews and the last interview was processing the employment paper and do drug test.

Interview Question – There are no difficult and unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Covington, WA

I applied online - interviewed at Fred Meyer in August 2011.

Interview Details – Apply online and receive a callback. Was interviewed by the HR Department head. She was very friendly and outlined the available positions. Very professional. She told me that she was going on a vacation so she could expect to hear back from me in a week or two. After that I was interviewed by the department head of cashiering. Basically the same as the first interview but was much more personal and specialized. Later that day she called me back and offered me the job.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiation. $9.50 an hour.

Bremerton, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fred Meyer in March 2008.

Interview Details – Completed an online application. Company called me back for an interview. First interview with Human Resources Director. Second interview with department manager and store manager. After the interview the department manager called me back to tell me I got the job.

Interview Question – Describe a situation when you went above and beyond to help a customer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No. There was no negotiation.

Worked for Fred Meyer? Contribute to the Community!