Fred Meyer Deli Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2015

2.0

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Fred Meyer.

Interview

Sat down and got the job. That's it. Asked me about my costumer services back ground. Also got promoted later on with out interviewing. You just have to be in good terms with the right people.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to do this job?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Fred Meyer

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Fred Meyer.

Interview

Someone gets a call from HR and gives a recommendation to whichever department manager has the opening. Someone then gets to interview with the department manager and most likely another interview with a higher manager. If someone gets the job, they get a mouth swab test and a background test.

The background test takes:

FOREVER

The process took too long for what the job was, I wondered many times for about a month if they were ever going to call me back with orientation details.

I got the job and the management doesn't know what they are doing in any way and attempt to create an autopilot atmosphere with old closed door management techniques. The pay isn't bad, for retail, and the job isn't that bad.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 things you would improve about yourself if you could?   1 Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Fred Meyer.

Interview

I was pretty much given the job automatically because there was a massive walk-out the week before.

Interview Questions

• Where do you expect to be five years from now. Pretty basic questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Fred Meyer (Bothell, WA) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied online received a call a few days later. Met with the HR who was very nice talked about the job description if I would mind doing it. She asked a few basic questions then arranged another interview with the department manager a few days later.

Interview Questions

• All questions are very basic. Why do you want to work here? Do you have experience with customer service?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There are negotiations based on experience.

Anonymous Employee in Burien, WA

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Fred Meyer (Burien, WA) in April 2010.

Interview

WELL YOU FILL OUT A ONLINE APPLICATION IF THEY LIKE WHAT THEY SEE THEY CALL TO COME IN FOR A ONE ON ONE INTERVIEW

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fred Meyer (Vancouver, WA) in July 2009.

Interview

A pretty laid back company who cares to hire the right person. I like the people and the environment.

Interview Questions

• What makes a good employer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Fred Meyer (Salem, OR) in June 2008.

Interview

Online application submission followed by an onsite interview with the human resources. After the initial screening basic training and orientation was done in a group. Interview questions were fairly standard. Some generic and operations training was done via computer and specific job training was done with a two session buddy shift.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what four things I though were important to a business.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had nothing worth bargaining with at the time. It basically involved telling me how much I would make which was minimum wage.