Fred Meyer

Relevance Date Difficulty

Grocery Clerk Interview

Grocery Clerk
Medford, OR

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Fred Meyer in September 2010.

Interview Details – You can only apply online on the fred meyer website. it takes a long time and they have a lot of multiple choice questions. It took maybe 3 days to a week for them to contact me and we set up an appointment for a couple days from then. The interview was pretty relaxed. There was just the HR person and the department manager there. it only took about 5 minutes then they took a saliva drug test. They told me i was hired on the spot and i started about a week later.

Interview Question – They were mostly concerned with my previous work experience and how important i thought customer service was.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There isn't much to negotiate. if you're highly qualified with prior experience then you can maybe get a higher pay but if you don't have any similar experience then you'll probably be put close to minimum wage.

Very Easy Interview

Grocery Clerk Interview

Grocery Clerk
Salem, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fred Meyer in April 2010.

Interview Details – i cant really comment on my interview being that i was interviwed by my uncle,.. but before leaving the company i sat in on sever interviews,.. and from what i observed the only constant questions asked were
"whay should we hire you"
"do you have any retail exp."
how dependable are you? rate yourself from 1=10"
"quality of work from 1-10"
how important is being on time? rate importance from 1-10"
otherwisw,. said interviewer might add lib,.

Interview Questions

• rate yourself from 1-10 questions   View Answer
  • we are hireing multiple people for this position,why should we hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – its a take it or leave it sort of situation,. all non entry level positions are fitted internally,.. so expect entry level positions only,.. IE bottle return,cart pusher, gas pumper (at select locations)

Worked for Fred Meyer? Contribute to the Community!