Fred Meyer

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fred Meyer in April 2010.

i cant really comment on my interview being that i was interviwed by my uncle,.. but before leaving the company i sat in on sever interviews,.. and from what i observed the only constant questions asked were
"whay should we hire you"
"do you have any retail exp."
how dependable are you? rate yourself from 1=10"
"quality of work from 1-10"
how important is being on time? rate importance from 1-10"
otherwisw,. said interviewer might add lib,.

Interview Questions
  • rate yourself from 1-10 questions   View Answer
  • we are hireing multiple people for this position,why should we hire you?   View Answer
its a take it or leave it sort of situation,. all non entry level positions are fitted internally,.. so expect entry level positions only,.. IE bottle return,cart pusher, gas pumper (at select locations)

Other Interview Reviews for Fred Meyer

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, OR

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Fred Meyer in September 2010.

You can only apply online on the fred meyer website. it takes a long time and they have a lot of multiple choice questions. It took maybe 3 days to a week for them to contact me and we set up an appointment for a couple days from then. The interview was pretty relaxed. There was just the HR person and the department manager there. it only took about 5 minutes then they took a saliva drug test. They told me i was hired on the spot and i started about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • They were mostly concerned with my previous work experience and how important i thought customer service was.   Answer Question
    There isn't much to negotiate. if you're highly qualified with prior experience then you can maybe get a higher pay but if you don't have any similar experience then you'll probably be put close to minimum wage.