Fred Meyer

Relevance Date Difficulty

Food Clerk Interview

Food Clerk
Burlington, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fred Meyer.

Interview Details – Computor only application, then a phone survey, last is in person interviews. They call you to take a phone survey/ personality test. It asks several questions in different ways. I guess I passed and was called in for a 1 on 1 interview. The interview was very basic. We then met with the department manager, that went good as well. The Manager wanted me to start thenext day, but I gave two weeks at my other employer.

Interview Question – Can you start tomorrow.   View Answer

Customer Service Manager Interview

Customer Service Manager
Anchorage, AK

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fred Meyer.

Interview Details – You apply online, HR then looks through applications and calls in qualified applicants for a screening, if they pass that then you get an interview with the department manager or asst., they can then hire you on the spot or call you back if they have others. If hired you do a oral drug test on location, once the drug test and background come back good the HR will call you in for orientation ... unfortunately this process can take 2-3 weeks before you actually get to start working.

Interview Question – What was your favorite job/activity and why?   View Answer

Freight Associate Interview

Freight Associate
Newport, OR

I applied online - interviewed at Fred Meyer in June 2014.

Interview Details – Group style: 4 others and myself were taken into a back room and asked to take turns answering questions in sequence around a table. Questions were: a)Why do you want to work for Fred Meyer and what are your goals working here? b)Give 3 attributes and a quality that stands out about yourself. c)What motivates you to do your best? d)Give a word that highlights your best characteristic. e)What qualities do you like in an employer? Prior to this question and answer phase though actually we were asked to look over our applications that we had submitted online and sign them. At the end of the interview, we were given additional questions to answer in written format, both simple questions about availability, desired wage, etc, and more in-depth subjective ones. We were told some of us would be invited back for a 2nd interview with the store manager, but I got the old end of the line notice in the mail.

Interview Question – Probably the 1st one (i.e. why do you want to work at Fred Meyer and what are you goals working there?).   Answer Question

Home Department Associate Interview

Home Department Associate

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fred Meyer in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online received a phone call from the head of HR four days later to attend a group interview. Five other people interviewed with me in the group interview with the head of HR who was really nice, fun and engaging. Asked customer service and sales questions and had us conduct a mock sale to the other candidates. I received a callback from HR for another interview with the head of the Home Department three days later. Waited over 30 minutes past my interview time, then the manager came out and shook my hand way too hard and ran up some stairs super fast on the way back to the office. I pretty much totally failed on the first question because I was a bit thrown by his behavior and the question itself. He ended the interview saying he had to talk to a few more people and would call me that night or the next day. I got a call 3 days later from the HR manager and was told that I was not being offered a position.

Interview Question – "So, tell me about yourself." It was just so general it threw me for a loop, I hadn't heard it in an interview before but at least now I am ready for it.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Beaverton, OR

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Fred Meyer.

Interview Details – I filled out an online application at Worksource Oregon at PCC computer use for jobs center. It was not a very long or complicated process, until you reached the personality section which resembled the one McDonald's uses on their online application. It is more of a psychology test than a job application, which was interesting. They don't request references or a very detailed work or education history, but they do want addresses for the past five or ten years which led me to believe was for credit reference check purposes, as indeed it turned out to be when I had an initial interview with Shelley in the Beaverton HR a few days later and she had me double check the info I had entered in the online application. After I received a postcard saying I had not been passed through to the next interview with a manager to continue the hiring process I ordered and looked at all three of my credit reports online (for free) from Experian, Equifax, and Trans-Union companies. I believe I may have incorrectly made a statement about my student loan status and that information made it appear as if I was being untruthful which could have caused the lack of hire. I am sure there are many other possible reasons as well. I am very sincerely an honest person, and I think it is very confusing to hear about people who lie or bend the truth on resumes and applications or in interviews and then get jobs that you didn't. ON the OTHER hand, I could use A LOT more interview practice, and more confidence in myself.

Interview Question – What did you like least about your last job?   View Answer

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Courtesy Clerk
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Fred Meyer in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, and a few days later received a phone call. They left a message, so I called back a few times. The last time I called, I was able to set up an interview. I went in for an interview a few days later, and they originally wanted me to be a parcel clerk, but called me in the next day for a second interview. Then, they wanted me to be a courtesy clerk.

Interview Question – What makes you think you deserve the job more than the others who applied?   View Answer

Associate Interview

Associate

Interviewed at Fred Meyer

Interview Details – It wasn't really much of an interview. They told me on the spot that I was hired and gave me a drug test. I stared work a week and a half later.

Interview Question – Favorite color   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Medford, OR

I interviewed at Fred Meyer in November 2013.

Interview Details – An online assessment subjected me to questions about my dislike for small talk, my ability to "know" what other people are thinking and my preference for social activities that involve big crowds. The questions asked during this assessment were identical to those used in diagnostic screenings for autism spectrum disorder.

Interview Questions

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fred Meyer.

Interview Details – the interview was a pretty general one. what is your greatest weakness, why should we hire you, ect.

Interview Question – how much do you wish to be pay.   Answer Question

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Certified Pharmacy Technician
Vancouver, WA

I applied online - interviewed at Fred Meyer in March 2014.

Interview Details – Extremely last minute call to come in and interview, I had 6 hours notice. They take more than two weeks before calling to tell me that they are still running all of their own background checks and that it could take up to another 3 weeks to hear any news regarding my fate.

Interview Question – I was asked to complete a series of calculations and was caught off guard when they had me type out a few sentences off of a sheet in order to time my typing skills.   Answer Question

Worked for Fred Meyer? Contribute to the Community!