Fred Meyer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.3

Grocery Parcel Interview

Interview

it was easy and free flowing

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer.

Interview

The interview process was very enjoyable. I met with the Regional Director first and had a second interview with the store Manager. Great, fun, and energetic people.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

CCK Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Meyer.

Interview

She asked questions and then told me she'd get ahold of me in a few days

Interview Questions

• What's the best customer service experience you've had?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

It wasn't really much of an interview. They told me on the spot that I was hired and gave me a drug test. I stared work a week and a half later.

Price Changer Interview

Interview

Not current with procedure. I was hired a long time ago and the process has changed unable to comment. You can apply on line. The company does a lot of networking with family and friends. Referrals make some of the best associates.

Cheese Kiosk Interview

Interview

screening interview and then another interview by a store manager

Home Electronics Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Meyer.

Interview

HR called the day after I submitted my application. Unfortunately she brought me in at the start of the electronic managers vacation. I was first interviewed on the 2nd and on the 19th got the "You got the job" call. Very long process and interviews were less than professional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

HR asked what i was seeking.....she was honest about what they could offer.

Cashier/Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Portland, OR) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview was easy and straightforward. My extensive retail experience, although acknowledged, had little bearing on the offer as positions in my particular area of interest were unavailable. Wages were not based on experience but on a scale according to Union specifications, so there was no negotiating for a wage commensurate to my experience.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions that were asked were in any way unexpected. Most regarded availability, experience, and expectations.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. At the time of hire I absolutely needed a job and they were filling a newly vacated position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Portland, OR) in September 2014.

Interview

Group interview with four other people. Took turns answering the same questions. It was extremely simple and their standards are not high. I didn't bother bringing in a resume or cover letter. Just look them in the eyes and be confident.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Portland, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a couple days later I received a call from an HR department and answered a few questions and they scheduled me for an in person interview the next day. The interview was with one manager and we talked about my job history and availability. It was very relaxed and friendly. I completed the mouth swab drug test and as soon as they hear back about that test and my background check, I have the job!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a job that you really liked.   1 Answer