Fred Meyer

Relevance Date Difficulty

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Courtesy Clerk
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Fred Meyer in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, and a few days later received a phone call. They left a message, so I called back a few times. The last time I called, I was able to set up an interview. I went in for an interview a few days later, and they originally wanted me to be a parcel clerk, but called me in the next day for a second interview. Then, they wanted me to be a courtesy clerk.

Interview Question – What makes you think you deserve the job more than the others who applied?   View Answer

Associate Interview

Associate

Interviewed at Fred Meyer

Interview Details – It wasn't really much of an interview. They told me on the spot that I was hired and gave me a drug test. I stared work a week and a half later.

Interview Question – Favorite color   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Medford, OR

I interviewed at Fred Meyer in November 2013.

Interview Details – An online assessment subjected me to questions about my dislike for small talk, my ability to "know" what other people are thinking and my preference for social activities that involve big crowds. The questions asked during this assessment were identical to those used in diagnostic screenings for autism spectrum disorder.

Interview Questions

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fred Meyer.

Interview Details – the interview was a pretty general one. what is your greatest weakness, why should we hire you, ect.

Interview Question – how much do you wish to be pay.   Answer Question

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Certified Pharmacy Technician
Vancouver, WA

I applied online - interviewed at Fred Meyer in March 2014.

Interview Details – Extremely last minute call to come in and interview, I had 6 hours notice. They take more than two weeks before calling to tell me that they are still running all of their own background checks and that it could take up to another 3 weeks to hear any news regarding my fate.

Interview Question – I was asked to complete a series of calculations and was caught off guard when they had me type out a few sentences off of a sheet in order to time my typing skills.   Answer Question

Cheese Kiosk Interview

Cheese Kiosk

Interviewed at Fred Meyer

Interview Details – screening interview and then another interview by a store manager

Interview Question – What excites you about working at Fred Meyer   Answer Question

Fred Meyer Associate Interview

Fred Meyer Associate
Kirkland, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fred Meyer in August 2013.

Interview Details – Lengthy, lots of administrative hoops and checklists to go through. Great HR and Managers though.

Interview Question – Make sure your questions are aimed at assisting the customer or causing a satisfied customer out of a dissatisfied one. Stopping what you are doing to put the customer first.   Answer Question

CCK Cashier Interview

CCK Cashier
Spokane, WA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fred Meyer in June 2013.

Interview Details – Takes many weeks for them to call you back. There are at least 20 people a day that apply. So make sure to call them so you can get your name on there list to call you. You apply online before they call and complete an assessment. When you go in, you are interviews first by the HR, and them by the department manager. A lot of times if you make it to the department manager you will get hired. Good Luck!!

Interview Question – Tell me why you would be a good candidate for this position.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You take what they offer which is based off experience.

CCK Cashier Interview

CCK Cashier
Beaverton, OR

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Fred Meyer.

Interview Details – I applied online to the Tigard, OR store and received no reply. A couple of weeks later the Beaverton, OR store (#035) called me to see if I would be interested in interviewing for a position there. I interview with the HR representative for about a half hour, during which she asked pretty standard retail and customer service related questions with a couple of Fred Meyer centered ones thrown in for good measure.

Interview Question – I don't remember any left fielders, but that was back in the Fall of 2009 so I can't be certain.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As I was walking through the parking lot to my waiting ride home, my phone rang. It was the HR rep offering me the position with a starting pay rate of $8.50 per hour, which at that time $0.50 above the minimum wage. She asked me if I would come back inside to take a quick mouth-swab drug test. I was introduced to the department manager, given a short tour of the department, and even a few of the employees. That all happened on the dame day without my having any customer service or cashiering experience whatsoever. I'm quite sure that that's pretty unusual and most likely wouldn't happen again, but it goes to show that if you're a polite, intelligent, and confident person you can get a job with the company pretty quick.

Apparel Clerk Interview

Apparel Clerk
Vancouver, WA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fred Meyer in October 2011.

Interview Details – Fred Meyer is a wonderful place to work. Although if you do not know anyone that works here it is very hard. You must follow up repeatedly to HR in order to get a response for an interview.

Interview Question – How much compensation are looking to get?   View Answer