Fred Meyer

Updated Nov 4, 2014
Updated Nov 4, 2014

2.4

Grocery Parcel Interview

it was easy and free flowing

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, OR

interviewed at Fred Meyer in November 2013.

An online assessment subjected me to questions about my dislike for small talk, my ability to "know" what other people are thinking and my preference for social activities that involve big crowds. The questions asked during this assessment were identical to those used in diagnostic screenings for autism spectrum disorder.

Interview Questions
    • "You do not like small talk."   View Answer
    • "It's fun to go out to events with big crowds."   View Answer
    • "It is easy for you to feel what others are feeling."   View Answer

Home Sales Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Fred Meyer.

The interview was not that bad, the hr guy was really nice. I applied online and got called in about two weeks for a screening interview then I was asked easy questions based on what i would do in this situation, or whats the best customer service experience was. He liked me so my application was passed on to the home department manager. I did not hear back for about a week and a half so I called back and asked the status of my application. I was called the next day to come in for interview with the home department manager. He was also really nice, and the questions were a bit harder, it was a friday and i was told I would hear back monday if i got the job. And I did!

Interview Questions
    • How would you change a negative situation into a bad one?   Answer Question
    • Whats the best customer service experience you have given?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you came into work with a bad mood?   Answer Question
    Just said minimum. Fred Meyers pays a little bit above minimum,

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fred Meyer in October 2013.

Had 2 interviews and the last interview was processing the employment paper and do drug test.

Division Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fred Meyer.

Position was posted internally. Regional interview first, Store director interview second. I would not have gotten the interview if I had not already completed training on and been signed off on an approved proficiency list to show that I already knew how to do the mechanics of the job. They were only concerned about personality and fit. The job is very process driven. I often thought that I spent more time managing the process than the people. I was not expected to have strong soft skills. They were expected to be learned on the job.

Interview Questions
    • Emphasis was on many, many anecdotes about how I worked with people.   View Answer
    I was definitely low-balled. The first to put out a figure loses. Wage per cent is the final decider in the stores and they will try to come in as low as possible. Stay strong and keep restating your worth.

CCK Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fred Meyer.

She asked questions and then told me she'd get ahold of me in a few days

Interview Questions
    • What's the best customer service experience you've had?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fred Meyer in September 2013.

There was only one interview; a group interview that was relatively painless. The woman leading the interview was extremely pleasant and handled the process well. It did seem to take an inordinate amount of time from my first interview to when they contacted me to offer the position.

Interview Questions
    • What are your special qualities that differentiate you from other prospective employees?   View Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Fred Meyer.

I was pretty much given the job automatically because there was a massive walk-out the week before.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you expect to be five years from now. Pretty basic questions.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bonney Lake, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bonney Lake, WA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Fred Meyer in August 2013.

I applied online and got an interview a few days later. I went to the customer service desk and told them who I was looking for and they had me sit down and wait. I waited about five minutes she came and took me into the break room where her office was and ask me a couple simple normal questions. I had a second interview a couple days later and then they asked me some more in detail questions about the job. I unfortunatky didn't get the position

Interview Questions
    • why do you think you would be good for this position?   View Answer

Grocery Parcel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Fred Meyer in August 2013.

Applied online, got a call a few weeks later to schedule an interview, went in for the interview the next day. I applied for the Cashier position, but they no longer had any cashier positions available. They had a white board where they wrote all of the available positions, and let me choose. The only option that worked with my schedule was the one bagging groceries at the register. The interview was easy, I mentioned that I was interested in their Cultural Councils, and how they have their associates volunteer on occasion (I did quite a bit of research on their website and it really paid off). She loved that, and loved that I loved volunteering (I don't have a lot of job experience, but plenty of volunteer experience). I stressed how much I loved working with people, and providing great customer service. She offered me the job right there, and would have drug tested me also, but they were out, so I went back for a drug test two days later.

Interview Questions
    • Define good customer service.
      Describe a time you worked on a team, your goals, what you accomplished.
      What are you most exciting about coming to work for Fred Meyer.
        Answer Question
    She asked me what I wanted to be paid, I said minimum, she wrote down 10 cents above the minimum wage because I think that is their starting pay here.