Fred Meyer Interview Questions & Reviews

2.4

Customer Service Relief Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Renton, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Fred Meyer in October 2010.

I started out as the home price changer so my interview was with the home mgr. I worked part time at starbucks and my store director thought I would be a good fit for management and away I went.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't any Fred Meyers has a pay scale based on hours

Associate Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Fred Meyer.

Mostly computerized

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Fred Meyer in September 2013.

There was only one interview; a group interview that was relatively painless. The woman leading the interview was extremely pleasant and handled the process well. It did seem to take an inordinate amount of time from my first interview to when they contacted me to offer the position.

Interview Questions
    • What are your special qualities that differentiate you from other prospective employees?   View Answer

CCK Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richland, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richland, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fred Meyer in November 2010.

Process was pretty straight forward. They wanted to see some effort so they interviewed anyone that actually called to check on their application. Interview went great because I did some background on the company to get a general idea of what kind of questions they were going to ask. Lady their was pretty understanding of my lack of job experience.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your definition of customer service.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. I was part-time.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fred Meyer.

The interview process was very enjoyable. I met with the Regional Director first and had a second interview with the store Manager. Great, fun, and energetic people.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bothell, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Fred Meyer in October 2012.

I applied online received a call a few days later. Met with the HR who was very nice talked about the job description if I would mind doing it. She asked a few basic questions then arranged another interview with the department manager a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are very basic. Why do you want to work here? Do you have experience with customer service?   Answer Question
    There are negotiations based on experience.

Security Guard Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fred Meyer in April 2013.

There was 2 interviews. One with the HR, the other with the manager of the department. It took a couple of weeks to even know I had an interview, then it took a couple more to finally get the last interview. They had a lot going on at the time, so they were backed up with everything.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest weakness. That is a terrible question to ask I think. Like anyone will really tell you something dumb like, "I'm terrible with money" or "I get tired very easy".   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation for salary. They gave a starting wage.

Freight PIC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Fred Meyer in January 2010.

Fairly standard and surprisingly smooth.

Nutrition Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Fred Meyer in September 2010.

They have a pretty good interviewing system for new hires but the internal hiring can be very sloppy.

Interview Questions
    • "Who have you learned the most from in your work experience"   Answer Question

Grocery Parcel Interview

it was easy and free flowing