Fred Meyer

2.4

Grocery Parcel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Fred Meyer in August 2013.

Applied online, got a call a few weeks later to schedule an interview, went in for the interview the next day. I applied for the Cashier position, but they no longer had any cashier positions available. They had a white board where they wrote all of the available positions, and let me choose. The only option that worked with my schedule was the one bagging groceries at the register. The interview was easy, I mentioned that I was interested in their Cultural Councils, and how they have their associates volunteer on occasion (I did quite a bit of research on their website and it really paid off). She loved that, and loved that I loved volunteering (I don't have a lot of job experience, but plenty of volunteer experience). I stressed how much I loved working with people, and providing great customer service. She offered me the job right there, and would have drug tested me also, but they were out, so I went back for a drug test two days later.

Interview Questions
    • Define good customer service.
      Describe a time you worked on a team, your goals, what you accomplished.
      What are you most exciting about coming to work for Fred Meyer.

Answer Question
    She asked me what I wanted to be paid, I said minimum, she wrote down 10 cents above the minimum wage because I think that is their starting pay here.

Fred Meyer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fred Meyer in August 2013.

Lengthy, lots of administrative hoops and checklists to go through. Great HR and Managers though.

Interview Questions
    • Make sure your questions are aimed at assisting the customer or causing a satisfied customer out of a dissatisfied one. Stopping what you are doing to put the customer first.   Answer Question

CCK Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fred Meyer in June 2013.

Takes many weeks for them to call you back. There are at least 20 people a day that apply. So make sure to call them so you can get your name on there list to call you. You apply online before they call and complete an assessment. When you go in, you are interviews first by the HR, and them by the department manager. A lot of times if you make it to the department manager you will get hired. Good Luck!!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me why you would be a good candidate for this position.   View Answer
    No negotiation. You take what they offer which is based off experience.

Food Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fred Meyer.

Applied online then went to a group interview with questionairre + selling exercise

Security Guard Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Fred Meyer in April 2013.

There was 2 interviews. One with the HR, the other with the manager of the department. It took a couple of weeks to even know I had an interview, then it took a couple more to finally get the last interview. They had a lot going on at the time, so they were backed up with everything.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest weakness. That is a terrible question to ask I think. Like anyone will really tell you something dumb like, "I'm terrible with money" or "I get tired very easy".   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation for salary. They gave a starting wage.

Loss Prevention Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fred Meyer.

I submitted an application online, received a call the next day from the human resources manager to schedule an in-person interview. After that interview there was an interview with the loss prevention manager, and then an interview with the regional loss manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you know about Fred Meyer and questions regarding liability for loss prevention.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fred Meyer.

Hired a long time ago from internet application. prescreened and the interviewed and offered a job. Current job was interviewed for in house by a panel interview. Worked with company and moved up through many 1-1 interviews but new process requires panel interview for this position. Panel interview was very laid back and stress free. Almost like they had already made up their minds. I was notified shortly after (2 days) of acceptance for the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most you have ever had to do for a customer?   Answer Question

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Fred Meyer.

Initial hiring is done by applying online, if you score well on the assessment the HR will call you in for an initial screening, if you pass that they will schedule an interview with the department manager. When applying for management positions they are now doing panel interviews that include members of management, floor associates and HR to get a more well rounded opinion of how they think this person will do as a manager.

Interview Questions
    • How do you ensure that you meet the needs of your customers? Tell me about the last time you followed those steps. What was the situation? What did you do/say? How did it turn out?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied in-person – interviewed at Fred Meyer.

I had a one on one interview, but they often do a Group interview and orientation with very little training then thrown out to do the job.

Wasn't one.

Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Fred Meyer.

Applied online and was called the next day for an interview. Went well- just basic questions off of a list and nothing I had to think too hard about especially since I had prepared ahead of time for normal interview questions. A week and a half later got called for second interview.

Interview Questions
    Since I do not have previous work experiance I didn't try to negotiate, just accept what they could give me.