Fred Meyer Jewelers

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fred Meyer Jewelers in August 2014.

There are 3 interviews, on with the store assistant manager, one with with the head manager, and one with the regional manager. It is kind of a pain in the butt, but it's worth it!

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Fred Meyer Jewelers in October 2013.

Online application only. Then Interviewed with manager and regional manager.

Interview Questions
    I didn't really negotiate. The base pay is better than most place. But commission rate is much lower. You must qualify for commission every month.

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Fred Meyer Jewelers in March 2013.

Applied after being referred by employees. I worked in the same mall and they needed someone with retail experience. I received a call back quickly and interviewed with the store manager. Very easy and friendly interview. I received a call a few days later with a job offer then went in and completed an on the spot drug test. They required I start in less than two weeks so I put in notice at my current job and started within a week.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Pay offered was more than expected.

Jewelry Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wood Village, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wood Village, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fred Meyer Jewelers in August 2011.

After speaking with the manager in the store, I went online and filled out an application through the website. After a couple weeks, I had an interview with the manager and the regional manager. I submitted a drug test the same day.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable with soliciting credit?   View Answer

Sales Interview

interviewed at Fred Meyer Jewelers in February 2010.

I was on-site interviewed by the manager of the location. It was not a difficult task, if you are enthusiastic and willing to work and learn you will get the job. they do have canned questions but nothing difficult and nothing set in stone. You are drug tested, backround tested and you must be approved by the regional supervisor. I have seen some very qualified and personable prospects get passed over because the regional dissapproved them, or the managers personality didn't quite click with the prospect. It can be very politically swayed.

No negotiations available in a Union store.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Maria, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Maria, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Fred Meyer Jewelers in September 2009.

asked me how i get along with others and told me about the other workers.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Fred Meyer Jewelers.

Fred Meyer uses an online application that goes to the home office and sent to the closest store. When it arrives it is in a folder waiting for a job opening. Go thru the folder find the one's that look the best qualified and call them in.

Software Development Intern Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Fred Meyer Jewelers in May 2011.

After applying for the position, I received an e-mail from the team manager wanting to set up an interview. The interview consisted of a round-table telephone interview with the development team on one end and myself on the other. Everyone was friendly and professional. The interview lasted between 30 and 40 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a challenge you had, and how you overcame it.   Answer Question
    No Negotiation.

Sales Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fred Meyer Jewelers in September 2009.

Hiring process wasn't professional. Kept waiting an hour before the interview. Interviewed in a public place. Incorrect information given regarding pay and schedule. I suggest asking questions upfront regarding pay scale, management style, sales goals, dress code and specifics regarding benefits. Called in again to complete paperwork and drug test before starting day (was not paid).

Interview Questions
    Negotiated a rate and then was told they couldn't honor it after I had accepted the position.