Fred Meyer Jewelers Interview Questions

Updated May 28, 2015

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Fred Meyer Jewelers.

Interview

I actually had two interviews at two stores. The first one didn't ask me a single question during the whole interview, just talked about the job and what he hoped for the store, and then referred me to another local store. The second interview was much more professional, she asked me a lot of the standard interview questions and why I was leaving my old job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fred Meyer Jewelers (Provo, UT) in August 2014.

Interview

There are 3 interviews, on with the store assistant manager, one with with the head manager, and one with the regional manager. It is kind of a pain in the butt, but it's worth it!

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fred Meyer Jewelers (Knoxville, TN) in April 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with Store Manager and Regional Manager each one on one. First with the Store Manager, then after they approved of me, I sat down with the Regional Manager. They determined my sales aptitude and ability to fit in at the local locations. After that, I took a drug test, waited on the background check, and was hired a week later! Overall, took about a month.

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Fred Meyer Jewelers (Knoxville, TN) in October 2013.

Interview

Online application only. Then Interviewed with manager and regional manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate. The base pay is better than most place. But commission rate is much lower. You must qualify for commission every month.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Fred Meyer Jewelers in March 2013.

Interview

Applied after being referred by employees. I worked in the same mall and they needed someone with retail experience. I received a call back quickly and interviewed with the store manager. Very easy and friendly interview. I received a call a few days later with a job offer then went in and completed an on the spot drug test. They required I start in less than two weeks so I put in notice at my current job and started within a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Pay offered was more than expected.

Jewelry Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wood Village, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fred Meyer Jewelers (Wood Village, OR) in August 2011.

Interview

After speaking with the manager in the store, I went online and filled out an application through the website. After a couple weeks, I had an interview with the manager and the regional manager. I submitted a drug test the same day.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with soliciting credit?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

interviewed at Fred Meyer Jewelers in February 2010.

Interview

I was on-site interviewed by the manager of the location. It was not a difficult task, if you are enthusiastic and willing to work and learn you will get the job. they do have canned questions but nothing difficult and nothing set in stone. You are drug tested, backround tested and you must be approved by the regional supervisor. I have seen some very qualified and personable prospects get passed over because the regional dissapproved them, or the managers personality didn't quite click with the prospect. It can be very politically swayed.

Negotiation

No negotiations available in a Union store.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Maria, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Fred Meyer Jewelers (Santa Maria, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

asked me how i get along with others and told me about the other workers.

Interview Questions

• what was my favorite color   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Fred Meyer Jewelers.

Interview

Fred Meyer uses an online application that goes to the home office and sent to the closest store. When it arrives it is in a folder waiting for a job opening. Go thru the folder find the one's that look the best qualified and call them in.

Interview Questions

• What is you greatest weakness   1 Answer

Software Development Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Fred Meyer Jewelers in May 2011.

Interview

After applying for the position, I received an e-mail from the team manager wanting to set up an interview. The interview consisted of a round-table telephone interview with the development team on one end and myself on the other. Everyone was friendly and professional. The interview lasted between 30 and 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge you had, and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation.