Fred Meyer Jewelers

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Professional Interview

Knoxville, TN

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Fred Meyer Jewelers in October 2013.

Interview Details – Online application only. Then Interviewed with manager and regional manager.

Interview Question – Commission structure wasn't explained fully.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't really negotiate. The base pay is better than most place. But commission rate is much lower. You must qualify for commission every month.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Fred Meyer Jewelers in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied after being referred by employees. I worked in the same mall and they needed someone with retail experience. I received a call back quickly and interviewed with the store manager. Very easy and friendly interview. I received a call a few days later with a job offer then went in and completed an on the spot drug test. They required I start in less than two weeks so I put in notice at my current job and started within a week.

Interview Question – Who do you most admire?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Pay offered was more than expected.

Jewelry Sales Professional Interview

Wood Village, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fred Meyer Jewelers in August 2011.

Interview Details – After speaking with the manager in the store, I went online and filled out an application through the website. After a couple weeks, I had an interview with the manager and the regional manager. I submitted a drug test the same day.

Interview Question – Are you comfortable with soliciting credit?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Santa Maria, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Fred Meyer Jewelers in September 2009.

Interview Details – asked me how i get along with others and told me about the other workers.

Interview Question – what was my favorite color   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied through other source and interviewed at Fred Meyer Jewelers.

Interview Details – Fred Meyer uses an online application that goes to the home office and sent to the closest store. When it arrives it is in a folder waiting for a job opening. Go thru the folder find the one's that look the best qualified and call them in.

Interview Question – What is you greatest weakness   View Answer

Software Development Intern Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Fred Meyer Jewelers in May 2011.

Interview Details – After applying for the position, I received an e-mail from the team manager wanting to set up an interview. The interview consisted of a round-table telephone interview with the development team on one end and myself on the other. Everyone was friendly and professional. The interview lasted between 30 and 40 minutes.

Interview Question – Describe a challenge you had, and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation.

Sales Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fred Meyer Jewelers in September 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process wasn't professional. Kept waiting an hour before the interview. Interviewed in a public place. Incorrect information given regarding pay and schedule. I suggest asking questions upfront regarding pay scale, management style, sales goals, dress code and specifics regarding benefits. Called in again to complete paperwork and drug test before starting day (was not paid).

Interview Question – I can't remember any   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated a rate and then was told they couldn't honor it after I had accepted the position.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Fred Meyer Jewelers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fred Meyer Jewelers interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fred Meyer Jewelers employees and interview candidates.