Fred Meyer

Relevance Date Difficulty

Retail Interview

Retail
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Fred Meyer in October 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and called the store to follow up. Was offered an interview for about two weeks later. Standard interview, except I feel like the interviewer set me up to fail. She looked at my resume, saw that I had a college degree in an unrelated subject and asked what "What do you REALLY want to do?" Maybe I just don't have a ton of interview experience, but I was caught off guard and my first instinct is honesty, and I admitted that I may have other long-term plans besides working retail at Fred Meyer for the rest of my life. I thought this would be a safe thing to do because I was interviewing for a temporary position. Later, when I called to follow up, she cited this as her reason for not hiring me, because "we're looking for people who want to make a career out of Fred Meyer." It just seemed a little tricky, and I don't think it makes sense to eliminate ambitious people during a hiring process.

Interview Question – (Sees college degree on resume) What do you really want to do?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Fred Meyer

Worked for Fred Meyer? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fred Meyer Retail interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Fred Meyer employees and interview candidates.