Fred Meyer

Relevance Date Difficulty

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Certified Pharmacy Technician
Vancouver, WA

I applied online - interviewed at Fred Meyer in March 2014.

Interview Details – Extremely last minute call to come in and interview, I had 6 hours notice. They take more than two weeks before calling to tell me that they are still running all of their own background checks and that it could take up to another 3 weeks to hear any news regarding my fate.

Interview Question – I was asked to complete a series of calculations and was caught off guard when they had me type out a few sentences off of a sheet in order to time my typing skills.   Answer Question

Apparel Clerk Interview

Apparel Clerk
Vancouver, WA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fred Meyer in October 2011.

Interview Details – Fred Meyer is a wonderful place to work. Although if you do not know anyone that works here it is very hard. You must follow up repeatedly to HR in order to get a response for an interview.

Interview Question – How much compensation are looking to get?   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Vancouver, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fred Meyer in July 2009.

Interview Details – Getting the job was easy. I submitted a resume and application and went for one interview. I was asked questions about my people skills and if I had experience with money. There was also a test. I went to a training class after I was hired.

Interview Question – What would you do for an unhappy customer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any. They told me how much the job paid and when training started.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Courtesy Clerk
Vancouver, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fred Meyer in August 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and they called within the week I applied. I felt the interviews were very straightforward. First interview was with the HR director (a basic "do you not have piercings coming out of every part of your body" inspection) and then an interview with the department's on-duty manager.

A week after the second interview, I was called saying I got the job. I came in and did the drug test the next day. Drug test cost money (mouth swab), so you definitely have the job if they are testing you. Just know that the drug test may come on a later day, not necessarily at the second interview, contrarily to some other comments on here. The store I interviewed at was taking in a lot of applicants, so lots of weeding out needed to be done.

Make sure to ask how long it should be until you expect a response from them.

It was around a week before I was called back in for the second interview. Two to three weeks after that before I started working.

Interview Question – What is an acceptable amount of days to miss [due to: family emergency, etc.]?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They asked how much I expected to make in the first interview. That was the only chance for negotiation. You must join the union if you're not in a RTW state (everywhere but Idaho), but the monthly dues aren't terrible.

Deli Clerk Interview

Deli Clerk
Vancouver, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fred Meyer in July 2009.

Interview Details – A pretty laid back company who cares to hire the right person. I like the people and the environment.

Interview Question – What makes a good employer?   View Answer

Worked for Fred Meyer? Contribute to the Community!