Fred's

2.3

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gladewater, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gladewater, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fred's in February 2014.

Applied via a job site and was called back by a recruiter within a week. The next week I had an interview with the Dist. Manager and was hired on the spot. Took 1 week for BG check and paper work to complete and was called to report to work the day it was approved. Just completed 3 weeks training and so far it seem to be all I have expected.

Interview Questions
    • Not really anything I wasn't expecting. Discussed past jobs with other retailers and shrink and customer service.   Answer Question
    No negotiation but was offered in the rage I expected and felt comfortable taking. I know the payroll budget of the store set your available salary

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Fred's in January 2013.

They call and ask you to come in and just ask you questions. They want to know your experience in retail. You have to have a less one year experience to work at Fred's.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fred's in August 2010.

Initially contacted by Gene Fisher- Regional HR for a phone interview, a week later I drove9 hours round trip for an interview with Gene and the Reional VP. I prepared for the interview by researching the company and search for interview questionson the internet that were helpful. Most questions related to my resume, opinion and behavioral questions. I interviewed at the regional office located in Fred's Distribution Center in Dublin, GA.

Poor attitude from the RVP and RHR

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rome, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rome, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fred's in June 2010.

About the same as other retail management interviews. Nothing to difficult. We went back over job history which was the primary discussion over the phone. Personal interview with Recruiter and DM. Candidate needs to make sure you understand that Store Managers are given a dollar amount for payroll each month as opposed to hours vs sales.

Interview Questions
    • Question based on previous experience. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

The offer would not have resulted in a higher take home pay when additional travel and time were factored into base salary. Recruiter got nasty on phone when offer was declined - totally unprofessional.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fred's in March 2010.

Will be asked to drive 6+ hours at your own expense to Memphis, TN. Interview is very casual interviewing with several people in one day, (no diversity what so ever, all middle aged white men). All questions are typical that are taken off a company provided list of interview questions. Will be asked the same questions several times throughout the day.

Interview Questions
    • "If you were a fruit, what kind of fruit would you be"   Answer Question
    Individual that made the offer to me acted like his hand were tied and negotiating might cause a retraction of the offer,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheboro, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fred's in November 2009.

easy questions

nothing

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayden, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayden, ID

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Fred's in June 2009.

sent resume, they called had personal interview

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Fred's in April 2009.

Received several calls. Very slow and non committal. They could not make up their mind if they were even going to fill position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cadiz, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cadiz, KY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fred's in May 2008.

The interview was a very basic interview. Pretty much just finding out when I was available and what my past work experience was like. They did a couple what would you do if... type questions but nothing too hard. Then they told me what I would be doing and when to start.

Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fred's in April 2008.

the question actually asked was , can you work with outdated systems?

No negotiation