Fred's Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2015

2.1

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fred's.

Interview

Spoke with district manager and area human resource manager at the nearest store. They asked a series of management related questions and scenarios. They also asked about merchandising ideas and how I would handle certain customer situations.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fred's.

Interview

Talked with DM. Took about a week to be selected. I was required to take a drug test and have a background check. These must come back ok before you are offered a position with the company.

Interview Questions

• what days are you available to work   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Fred's.

Interview

Sorry but I didn't have an interview process. She just up & hired me as I turned in my application. She just gave me my drug test & put me on the schdule as soon as my drug results came back. How can you hire someone without an interview. Absolutely no question was asked to me at all!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gladewater, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fred's (Gladewater, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied via a job site and was called back by a recruiter within a week. The next week I had an interview with the Dist. Manager and was hired on the spot. Took 1 week for BG check and paper work to complete and was called to report to work the day it was approved. Just completed 3 weeks training and so far it seem to be all I have expected.

Interview Questions

• Not really anything I wasn't expecting. Discussed past jobs with other retailers and shrink and customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation but was offered in the rage I expected and felt comfortable taking. I know the payroll budget of the store set your available salary

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Fred's in January 2013.

Interview

They call and ask you to come in and just ask you questions. They want to know your experience in retail. You have to have a less one year experience to work at Fred's.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fred's (Dublin, GA) in August 2010.

Interview

Initially contacted by Gene Fisher- Regional HR for a phone interview, a week later I drove9 hours round trip for an interview with Gene and the Reional VP. I prepared for the interview by researching the company and search for interview questionson the internet that were helpful. Most questions related to my resume, opinion and behavioral questions. I interviewed at the regional office located in Fred's Distribution Center in Dublin, GA.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • What are your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Poor attitude from the RVP and RHR

Anonymous Employee in Rome, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fred's (Rome, GA) in June 2010.

Interview

About the same as other retail management interviews. Nothing to difficult. We went back over job history which was the primary discussion over the phone. Personal interview with Recruiter and DM. Candidate needs to make sure you understand that Store Managers are given a dollar amount for payroll each month as opposed to hours vs sales.

Interview Questions

• Question based on previous experience. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

The offer would not have resulted in a higher take home pay when additional travel and time were factored into base salary. Recruiter got nasty on phone when offer was declined - totally unprofessional.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fred's (Memphis, TN) in March 2010.

Interview

Will be asked to drive 6+ hours at your own expense to Memphis, TN. Interview is very casual interviewing with several people in one day, (no diversity what so ever, all middle aged white men). All questions are typical that are taken off a company provided list of interview questions. Will be asked the same questions several times throughout the day.

Interview Questions

• "If you were a fruit, what kind of fruit would you be"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Individual that made the offer to me acted like his hand were tied and negotiating might cause a retraction of the offer,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheboro, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fred's (Asheboro, NC) in November 2009.

Interview

easy questions

Interview Questions

• why do I want to work for freds   1 Answer

Negotiation

nothing

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayden, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Fred's (Hayden, ID) in June 2009.

Interview

sent resume, they called had personal interview

Interview Questions

• Will you be willing to travel?   1 Answer