Freddie Mac Director Interview Questions

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interviewed process took 4 months was worth the wait

Interview Questions
  • Repetitive interview question with several managers more interested in personality than skills.   Answer Question
Negotiation was quick and agreeable

Other Interview Reviews for Freddie Mac

Director Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac.

I was already a consultant when I applied for a full-time employee position. Had to go through the same process as any external hire, applying online, getting contacted by recruiter, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were tailored to the role since I already had experience working with the company and they knew my qualifications.   Answer Question
    Recruiter was very helpful in letting me know how far I could negotiate. Freddie Mac is generous in terms of pay and benefits, so make sure you ask for what you believe you deserve.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Freddie Mac in August 2011.

Three level of interviews: Peers, Supervisor and Manager

Interview Questions
    • Given the uncerntainty of GSE, what your plan to join us?   View Answer
    It is reasonable process and the recruiter is really professional and helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac in April 2011.

Received an email from HR Rep regarding a job that I applied to, in order to set up phone interview. Commnication was very good at the beggining. During phone interview it was going well until I was asked about a term that from my previous industry we didn't use. I asked the recruiter to explain the term, because there may be a good chance that in my former industry we call it something different. Response was "I don't know what it means, they just told me to ask you about it." At this point I realized I was doomed. I was informed that I would hear something by the start of the next week. After the call, I did some research on the term how Freddie Mac uses it, compared to my former industry and as a result I sent an email to the HR Rep explaining my findings as well as a thank you. The email was recieved and read (thanks to the return receipt), but no response.
    Now its the day of when I should be hearing back from HR Rep, but no call or email. I wait till the next day and send an email to inquire, once again my email is opened but no response. A week later, I get a automated message stating the position has been filled. Very unprofessional way for a HR Rep to handle a potential employee. I can handle the rejection, its just that as "job seekers" I guess that we put to much trust into the professionalism of others.