Freddie Mac

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director Interview

Director
McLean, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Freddie Mac in August 2011.

Interview Details – Three level of interviews: Peers, Supervisor and Manager

Interview Question – Given the uncerntainty of GSE, what your plan to join us?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It is reasonable process and the recruiter is really professional and helpful

Director Interview

Director
McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in April 2011.

Interview Details – Received an email from HR Rep regarding a job that I applied to, in order to set up phone interview. Commnication was very good at the beggining. During phone interview it was going well until I was asked about a term that from my previous industry we didn't use. I asked the recruiter to explain the term, because there may be a good chance that in my former industry we call it something different. Response was "I don't know what it means, they just told me to ask you about it." At this point I realized I was doomed. I was informed that I would hear something by the start of the next week. After the call, I did some research on the term how Freddie Mac uses it, compared to my former industry and as a result I sent an email to the HR Rep explaining my findings as well as a thank you. The email was recieved and read (thanks to the return receipt), but no response.
Now its the day of when I should be hearing back from HR Rep, but no call or email. I wait till the next day and send an email to inquire, once again my email is opened but no response. A week later, I get a automated message stating the position has been filled. Very unprofessional way for a HR Rep to handle a potential employee. I can handle the rejection, its just that as "job seekers" I guess that we put to much trust into the professionalism of others.

Interview Question – Have you ever had people work for you?   Answer Question

Worked for Freddie Mac? Contribute to the Community!